Official 2012 Rally On The Rocks LIVE Coverage and Photos

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

FOX "Redefining Ride Dynamics", Title Sponsor of UTVUnderground's Rally On The Rocks Coverage​

Well folks, for the 3rd year in a row UTVUnderground.com is in route to one of our favorite events! The 2012 Rally On The Rocks kicks off on Wednesday but we are getting a head start heading to Moab, UT today with our friends from Mad Media!

We want to thank the good people at FOX "Redefining Ride Dynamics" for sponsoring our title coverage and helping us bring you all the action back at home! http://ridefox.com/utv

Stay tuned for our live coverage all week from the rally!

Last edited:

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
I'll be looking forward to some pics and video. Pretty bummed out that I can't make it this year, it definitely is one of the best events of the year.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
1st day in the books for 2012 Moab. The scenery from every angle was epic and the rocks we had to crawl where just amazing. I will post some pictures tonight ,but you can enjoy the video of Joey D. in the 2012 Polaris RZR XP 900 rock crawling the Crack!

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EYJxZxEuQ10" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Last edited:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Heres the master mind in the crack! Woody was a huge help out on the trails and a awesome dude.It was great to hang out with the the boys from North County Yamaha and PRP seats. See you guys on the trail in the morning!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well our first full day in Moab was a huge success! We hooked up with our buddies from North County Yamaha, Woody from IH8MUD.com, Aaron from PRP, and Jeff Knoll of SXSPerformance.com to tackle Moab's Gold Bar Rim trail. After a few obstacles the PRP boys and Knoll split to charge on as we hung back to film and shoot our way through the trail.

The trail never disappoints although it felt strange cruising through without my boy Reid aka Team Green and Wally World along with Crowdog Jon Crowley. My usual Moab mates were not able to make it this year. We had a sweet time checking out the views, tackling the obstacles, and then conquering the famed Golden Crack.

Polaris has us on a special mission for them here at ROTR so we were able to bring the Mad Media posse along with us to capture all the action on video that you all will see at a later date. To tackle the trails Polaris set us up with a brand new 2012 RZR XP900 Limited with EPS. The machine ran flawlessly as we broke it in on the trails.

The boys at www.ProArmor.com took our machine tonight so that they could lace it up with all the goodies! We already put their trailing arm guards on but now they will install roof, doors, and seats! We can't wait to see how it comes out!!!

SXSPerformance.com got us dialed in with some new arm pads made by PRP Seats to be used on the Pro Armor doors. We installed them on our RZR4 XP900 here and they worked great. Black was a little hot after sitting in the sun but overall these are a great product.

Of course our RZR4 XP900 worked amazing, this thing always impresses!

Enjoy the pics we snapped today. Thank you to FOX for sponsoring the coverage!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well Day 2 is in the bag here at the Rally On The Rocks. Today we tackled the Moab Rim trail and man was it a blast! Today the boys from Pro Armor joined us and it was a great time with them on the trail. In addition Troy from UTV Off-Road Magazine and his son also jumped in. Brian from Walker Evans Racing was with us to start as was Mark Holz of Holz Racing Products but both had to pull out due to some parts failures. Both of which were fixed easily but prohibited them from keeping up with us.

The trail was full of fun obstacles and of course amazing trails and views. Only 1 roll over today and luckily he didn't keep rolling otherwise it could have got ugly. Overall this is always one of my favorite trails and by the pics you can see why!

Special shout out to the guys at Pro Armor for transforming our brand new 2012 RZR XP900 OVERNIGHT! Fred took the machine from us yesterday and by this morning we had new Pro Armor Doors, Seats, and Roof to go along with our previously installed Pro Armor Trailing Arm Guards. Everything looked and worked amazing! These guys not only make good products but they are true UTV enthusiasts who are a blast to ride with! Thank you Pro Armor!!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Wrapped up day 2 at 2012 Rally on the Rocks with UTVUNDERGROUND.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB27zydwpQ0&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2012 Rally on the Rocks - YouTube[/ame]

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Last day under wraps and now we have to leave and head back to California.
We had a blast driving around and hitting the obstacles with Pro Armor,Walker Evans and the rest of the group. The trail boss was able to test out the shocks to see how well they work.I will post my stories later when I get back home and I have a ton of trail shots.
Here's a video of the Walker Evans play car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VNmHRcoMtI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2012 rally on the rocks - YouTube[/ame]

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well our final day on the rocks is now complete. Day 3 was the icing on the cake as the UTVUnderground posse tackled the famed CLIFFHANGER trail. Along side the usual suspects of Mad Media, Pro Armor, Walker Evans Racing and UTV Off-Road Magazine we traversed one of the most scenic and challenging trails that Moab has to offer.

So much took place today but one thing that really grabbed my eye was just how well the Arctic Cat Wildcat does in the rocks. The Wildcat is relentless and can tackle just about any line it points itself at. I was truly impressed with its capabilities and it has quickly jumped to the top of the ranks when it comes to bone stock rock crawling UTV's. If the rocks are your choice then you have to consider this machine.

It was a real blast on our final day of the Rally On The Rocks event. The staff at ROTR set us up with a fantastic trail boss who stuck with us the entire day and was able to see lines that otherwise most would never see. I will say that after a couple of years of playing in Moab my confidence in the rocks is sky high. I owe that confidence to Reid Nordin aka Team Green who has been my host the previous 2 years. Unfortunately for me Reid was not able to attend this year but all he taught me has stuck with me and certainly made me a better rock crawler. I even found myself trail bossing a bit and helping others make it up some of the most difficult obstacles the trails had to offer!

Once again I want to extend a special thank you to the guys at Pro Armor for lacing up our XP900 this week! It sure was nice having door protection that thankfully we didn't need. The trailing arm protection on the other hand was critical!! The roof was pretty darn nice to have as well as we saw the sun again today.

It would be hard to pinpoint one single highlight for today but if I did it would have to be watching Brian of Walker Evans Racing conquer a really gnarly staircase type obstacle. After watching his RZR with 30" Falken A/T's break dance on this super sketchy obstacle he finally found a line that worked and with a hop-skip and a 2 wheel bounce wheelie he was able to burn rubber to the top. Its going to make for some SICK video footage, of course we got it from 2 angles and in slow mo!!

Another mention I want to make is for my boy Dan Fernandez aka OffRoadSwapMeet. Dan was able to come along on the trip and he has been an enormous help both on and off the trail. He has assisted our camera crew, driven the tow rig, and provided some coverage of his own here on the site. He also piloted the UTVUnderground RZR4 XP900 today and DOMINATED the trail! Everyone was impressed on how he would roll up to obstacles and knock them out in one shot! hahah I was really impressed, and almost embarrassed by him numerous times!! Thanks Dan, its always sweet to be able to spend time with one of my best friends doing what we love!

Of course we need to give props to the Mad Media crew who came out to Moab as total virgins not only in UTV's but in the rocks. Of course these media icons want their own UTV's now! hahaha. I cannot wait for you all to see the stuff we were able to capture on their high quality video equipment! Get ready to have your mind blown!

We also want to give MAJOR props to rally leaders Lanse and Jerrod at ROTR. They not only accommodated us but they made us feel like VIPS! Making sure we had all we needed to provide the best coverage we could and run the trails we wanted with all of our close friends and colleagues. They still have 2 days left even though we are powering home early to get back to our families but we wish them 2 more days of fun and success. If you have never experienced Moab or rock-crawling then you definitely should consider this event to break you in. The organization is top notch. You can select your own trails based upon experience or challenge and their trail bosses are great in spotting you and keeping everyone safe and sound while out enjoying all the beauty Moab has to offer.

Lastly we want to give huge props to FOX ( http://ridefox.com/utv ) for stepping in and sponsoring our coverage so that you all could enjoy the trip yourselves while logging into the site!! Thank you FOX for all of your support of UTVUnderground and of the UTV industry in general!

Until next year Moab......

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Awesome pictures. I love that place. I have only mountain biked the area. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to cruise a UTV around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000