Off to H-Town....

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Well... its about to happen...she's on the trailer and I'm hoping to get out of here about 6am...it been a fun 4 months of Stock Commander X and I have been thoroughly satisfied with how she runs and handles..but being one that has to take it up a notch- I'm committed.

Its off to the chop shop she goes....

I'm ready to make her a full on racer for BITD and SCORE...and maybe some other series if I can find the time...and money.

I've studied a number of other Can AM builds (not that there are many!) and I have decided to partner up with H-Town Performance in Henderson Nv. They are going have a big part in building a race legal Commander..I will also have a yet to be named suspension Sponsor providing a custom race proven suspension built around and utilizing Elka shocks. Being a total newbie to racing UTV's (thus overly naive) I have also have enlisted a couple of great guys with many years of off-road and UTV racing experience as mentors....this will be dizzying experience over the next few months as we try and see if we can get ready for the next BITD race as well as the SCORE Baja 500 in June. Wish us luck!

With all that being said... I will have all the factory X equipment for sale... If you have PM'd me in the past asking about something... I will try and get back to you..but a reminder wouldn't hurt either... I will be keeping the wheels for a bit as I need them to roll the vehicle around during the build..but they eventually will be for sale.

I will try and do my best to document the build.. lots of sleepless nights to come... Wish us luck! (we're definitely going to need it)

I/A

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Okay...Dale has been busy with the sawsall...

some pics from yesterday...still a lot of fat to trim off..

another day or two and he can start fabing the cage...

Last edited:

Mush

Food Stamp Ninja - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 16, 2009
Hendertucky NV
excellent choice in shops, not only is Dale a great fab guy but pretty cool to too, I choose Dale as well to help build my 912 rotax rhino.

He fabbed all my cage work and bumper.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Making some progress...Dale has started to mock up the frame using steel tubing and tape...just dont know how that tape will hold up in a rollover :eek:

With some of the parts showing up this week (hopefully) we can start working on placement of the BEARD Seats...MUZZY exhuast and fuel cell...the progress continues

LBR

LBR
Apr 9, 2009
Oregon
Your gonna have quite the hot rod there when it's finished IA....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

dezertrebelz

Feb 14, 2010
Tucson AZ
Nice Rig, you know you can build the hell outta of it. BUT CAN YOU DRIVE IT LIKE YOU don't have to pay for the SH*T you break off it. Someone has to give JAGGED a run for there Money????????

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Michael,

Your commander is coming along nicely. I am looking forward to seeing it in person. Keep up the great work and keep the Pics coming.
Thanks Derek...the plan is to pick it up from H-Town on the 22nd.. Been watching your live build with Cory..surprisingly entertaining!

Now the trick will be to figure out who's taking out Jagged X's Class 1 car...errr...XP at the SS300 :D:D:D:D...jk JX..... IM jealous of your bad ass build!- we hope to just finish.

WE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000