OCOTILLO 4/25 - 4/26

UTVUnderground Ocotillo Wells Trip

• Total voters

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I am heading out thursday evening or first thing on Friday. All depends on how close I cut the build!! Gonna be a busy week!

We are camping off of the 78 and county line but on the southside of the 78. About a 1/4mile in. Easy to find, we will have signs.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I am heading out thursday evening or first thing on Friday. All depends on how close I cut the build!! Gonna be a busy week!

We are camping off of the 78 and county line but on the southside of the 78. About a 1/4mile in. Easy to find, we will have signs.

County line as in San Diego/Imperial County line?

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
Thats right San Diego county line /imperial county line, There's a sign county line rd.

mikef

Big Mike - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Beaumont, Ca. (Inland Empire)
I am not good at photoshop or flyers like some of these other guys.... but I figured I would post up this map. Someone else can make something better if they want....

Joey,

Is the red X correct? Is this about where you are going to camp?

max powers

Head Ninja In Charge - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
that is about right were mine and rick's accident happened on the 78. wierd

UTV Mayhem

UTVMayhem DVD Series - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 26, 2009
is there shade cabanas and fire pits there? its going to be hot, Holmes camp off wolfe well rd has a huge camping area with like 15-20 shade cabanas, bathrooms, showers, bbq, firepits, kids 50cc tracks adjacent, and tons of trees, yes trees that keep your rig shaded part of the day. its really nice over there. a little bit closer to devils slide, blow sand, shell reef, the stores. overall i think it is the most convenient place to camp in OW. we could just take over that whole area, it would be like having an entire campground to ourselves!!!! what ammendities does county line rd have? just an idea, im looking to not run my gen 24/7 with the ac on... and some shade would be nice!!!!!
blake

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Holmes camp our first location. I have heard the rangers can be very difficult with large organized gatherings. I think Dezert Rangers were chased out of homes camp by the rangers a couple years back.

I will call the ranger station just to find out.

I agree Holmes camp is the best spot for us.

UTV Mayhem

UTVMayhem DVD Series - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 26, 2009
Holmes camp our first location. I have heard the rangers can be very difficult with large organized gatherings. I think Dezert Rangers were chased out of homes camp by the rangers a couple years back.

I will call the ranger station just to find out.

I agree Holmes camp is the best spot for us.
desert rangers is a bunch of 17 year old kids sleeping in tents and causing kaos. we are much more resp0nsible than that and any crazy partying needs to be done in ricks bus or someones rv IMO. yes i am going. i dont see the rangers having problems with us!!! they dont need to know anything is organized you know? its just a group ride, nothing more!!!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I just spoke to the ranger station. I asked if we have a large group of people camped in one location will we be considered an organized event. She explanied if we have like 100 or more poeple they might consider it an event.
She said for me to call the main office and talk to the boss.

He said we should have no problem being this late in the season. He is going to call me back today with more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000