All UTV's Night crawling /light set up ?

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
What would be the best light set up for night rock crawl ?(with a group)

Here's some thing I was thinking of, what's your .02, ANY PIX OF YOUR SET UP?

Probably flood light ,compared to a beam pattern ?

Dual battery set up or maybe just a spare battery ?(jumper cables for sure )

back up lights?(some cars have them stock )

Maybe lights over the doors pointing down?(so you can see any ledges on the side the car :eek: )

REAR view mirror covered so not to get blinded by the car behind you ? (with the trophy truck set up )

Maybe a little fire wood for the unexpected stop ,For light and heat ?

GPS/compass in more then one car just in case one fails . (Hand held would work great ,even if it's just a way to track back.)

Some kinda of blinker (runs on it's own power ) just in case a car gets on its own and has no power it can still be seen.

Radios would help also.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I'm running LED light strips under the car in the fender wells, that way we can see what the tires are doing. any Tucker Rocky or Parts Unlimited dealer can get them for a good price. They come in different colors or straight white light.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I use a 30" Ridgid bar on top, a 6" Ridgid SR bar over my winch for headlights, and individual led's at each corner mounted out of the way on my rock crawler.

Mike

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I use a 30" Ridgid bar on top, a 6" Ridgid SR bar over my winch for headlights, and individual led's at each corner mounted out of the way on my rock crawler.

Mike
Dang, another rock dog, I knew there was a reason I liked you...
When are you bringing that beast and your RZRs out to Choke Cherry Canyon in NM (where they used to hold the WEROCK and UROC National Championships)... it's just a few blocks from my house... you'd have a blast..

right in the heart of some of the best rock crawling in the world..

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I have a group of friends that just got back from Farmington with the 667 boys a couple weeks ago...I definately need to make it out there. Jagged is definately a bunch of "rock donkeys" as Pistola would say. Bill has an amazing rock rig, Brandon has a chassis and parts waiting to be assembled, and Brandon and Justin used to have an awesome one ton V8 Jeep as well. We spend alot of time in the rocks!:D

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I have a group of friends that just got back from Farmington with the 667 boys a couple weeks ago...I definately need to make it out there. Jagged is definately a bunch of "rock donkeys" as Pistola would say. Bill has an amazing rock rig, Brandon has a chassis and parts waiting to be assembled, and Brandon and Justin used to have an awesome one ton V8 Jeep as well. We spend alot of time in the rocks!:D
alot of my buddies in 667 Rockers... Loren Healy, last year's KOH champ is from here, lives a ways up the street. Lots of Jimmy's chassis' around here. My buddy RJ and Rick Jenkins are pretty up on the trails, RJ is a SXS hound too besides being a rock donkey..
I see you have encountered Pete on the Pirate site...LOL. I've given serious thought to building a new 4400 car myself, too dam much fun..

If you come out this way, let me know, we'll bang doors in the SXS's up the Glade wash race course and then go climb some sandstone...

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oqGKHCa7E]4runner Rock Lights (Vision X Tantrum) - YouTube[/ame]

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Rich - this stuff can get spendy. If it's just for one ride, might not be worth it. Ask George where he got his cabin lights. Might work just fine and cost less. Just put them on a switch.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Rich - this stuff can get spendy. If it's just for one ride, might not be worth it. Ask George where he got his cabin lights. Might work just fine and cost less. Just put them on a switch.
I here you big time on cost . Just getting ideas and maybe spreading the be prepared Idea . THANKS JIM

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Here's Roul's ride with some lights on the fenders/bed pointed forward /down. But never seen it lit up so I don't know if the light blind you when you look back but I like the idea.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Nice Rusty! Looks like a trip to Famington in my future! :D
Papa, you and La Familia are welcome to show here any day. I'll be your personal tour guide... The Four Corners area has lots of touristy things too... Rocky Mountains and the Million Dollar Highway just an hour and a half north, Mesa Verde Ruins, Bisti Badlands, Choke Cherry off-roading and rock crawling (considered one of the birthplaces of rock crawling) and lots more...

Nice setup Rusty. I like it...

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I will probably take you up on that, what is the best time of year? Loves me some crawling! ;) Thanks Darryl!
October is a a nice time. Summer is too hot, winter is cold. But in October, you can ride all day without getting to burnt. And the weather is good enough in the mountains, you can take a drive up to Silverton and see the old western mining town in all it's glory.

If you can't do October, then April, early May is good. But we usually head to Moab (2.5 hours away) then. We may do Moab in October too this year. But let me know, it's quite atrip. Bring the family and a camera...

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
October is a a nice time. Summer is too hot, winter is cold. But in October, you can ride all day without getting to burnt. And the weather is good enough in the mountains, you can take a drive up to Silverton and see the old western mining town in all it's glory.

If you can't do October, then April, early May is good. But we usually head to Moab (2.5 hours away) then. We may do Moab in October too this year. But let me know, it's quite atrip. Bring the family and a camera...
Hey Darryl we prolly will be there in april:)....May-be you can show us the ropes:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000