New Yamaha?

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I am torn so far, i like the general look of it, hate the yellow.

Shocks look huge especially the front in that one pic.

Looks to possibly have a screen or gps in it.

Need more specs and a better look at that rear trailing arm a-arm deal they have going on, looks like a Polaris- Maverick mating call going on back there.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
It could actually be the same as a XP but with the shock mounted on a different arc in the suspension.

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
WAY BITCHEN !!!! Going to be a sick build. I will say that it is not a very good pic. Thank you Yamaha...Money!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
my opinion. which is only an opinion

1) its the ugliest car on the market now
2) every picture i have seen, leaked, teaser vids, all show some of the ugliest wheels i have ever seen offered on any ATV / SxS machine
3) the seats look like the 2008 base model RZR 800 seats. flat, high backed, and lacking anything and everything an aggressive machine should have. unless the seat base looks like a saddle, i dont suspect it will be very easy to stay in place, driver and passengers shoulders are gonna be beating up the door bars every hard corner
4) its friggin hideous. under no shape form or fashion can you look at that and think "man thats the best looking thing out:" cause if you do, you need better glasses.

it appears as if it has a lot of wildcat characteristics. they drove a wildcat and got showered by mud cause the wildcat has shit for fenders. so they went to their SkunkWerx division and grabbed the rear fender off an old banshee and cut it in half and bobbed it on the rear so it would catch some flying mud. and thought that looked good. i think its pretty flipping ridiculous.

the shocks appear long because they stick up thru the hood. but from the looks of it, they appear much shorter than an XP1000 shock. the rear shock cant be more than 8" of stroke. the whole shock assembly appears to be less than 24" long. trailing arm, 3 link pivot arm setup, dont matter what they have, a short shock cant give big travel unless you have it mounted high towards the pivot point. when you do that you have so much leverage on the shock you will need a 700lb spring to hold the rear up, which will make the shock innefficient and buck like hell when the rear unloads.

my best guess is its gonna be a screamer, fast railing duner, and full throttle desert assault machine, BUT it wont have a whole lot of travel. i dont see more than 14" there. the maverick does pretty good with 14" so i cant say its a bad thing. but in a whole i cant figure out how they spent 4 years working on this project and thats what they are releasing tomorrow.

Reactions: JoeyD23

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
The lack of a true B pillar kinda scares me.. I know it goes back to the c pillar but still... I guess it'll save you if you wheelie over backwards but in a traditional roll over whats stopping the cage from going into the drivers head?

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
The lack of a true B pillar kinda scares me.. I know it goes back to the c pillar but still... I guess it'll save you if you wheelie over backwards but in a traditional roll over whats stopping the cage from going into the drivers head?
This model is sold with a leatt brace en lieu of the full b pillar :D

Wertzy

Sep 1, 2015
The leaked photos just weren't doing it for me. Now that I've seen it in all its glory...I want one. Yesterday. I love the fact its a sequential gearbox. Can't wait to see a comparison to the Rzr1000. Shit, I can't wait to hear what it sounds like with a proper exhaust on it so that big 3 cylinder can exhale right!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i watched the video. its definitely pounding the whoops. bucks itself sideways and dude matts the throttle and it straightes right back up. suspension doesnt look to be using but all of about 10" of travel but the shocks are clearly doing their job.

the leaked pis are terrible. none of the leaked pix look exactly like what was in the unveilng, although they arent much prettier, they are definitely better than all the crappy leaked pix.

i clearly saw a floor board with 3 pedals, but the guy appears to just jam the shifter. so maybe its a setup like rally cars have. gotta use the clutch for the engagement of 1st gear from a dead stop, but can jam the gears up or down from there on out.

i would like to see what kinda lap time one runs on my track to give a better assessment.

socalsxs

Jun 17, 2014
Westminster
www.socalsxs.com
Suspension / Front
Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, fully adjustable FOX 2.5 Podium® RC2 Shocks®; 16.2-in travel

Suspension / Rear
Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, fully adjustable FOX 2.5 Podium® RC2 Shocks®; 17.0-in travel

mssandslinger

Rhino Parts & Performance - Official UTVUndergroun
Oct 18, 2009
AZ
looks awesome!!!! Im not a fan of the plastic but the rest of the car is exciting!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000