New XP1k Spindles

Madigan

May 7, 2015
Hey guys.
We're developing a new spindle for the XP1k for Desert Racing.
Any input and suggestions are welcome

Reactions: JoeyD23

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
What are the advantages of the new design and reasons for developing the new spindle? Looks nice, but why?

Madigan

May 7, 2015
What are the advantages of the new design and reasons for developing the new spindle? Looks nice, but why?
The guys we sponsor have each broken a spindle. We looked at that and figured it was worth removing a weak spot in the car to keep our guys in the race longer.

I understand it's a premium part with a small market. But we've personally needed a stronger alternative, and there wasn't one available. So we had to make it. These things are very labor intensive.

Me made a initial small run of 15 sets.

Madigan

May 7, 2015
Very nice! Made from 4130? Release date?
Always 4130 my friend! I hate to tease you, but I have to say "Soon". A set are going on Sean Cooke's car for BITD/Score. I want to make sure they're what we think/say they are before we offer them to our un-sponsored vehicles.

As you know this aint our first rodeo in building high performance spindles. However they still need to be put through their paces before I make em' available.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Always 4130 my friend! I hate to tease you, but I have to say "Soon". A set are going on Sean Cooke's car for BITD/Score. I want to make sure they're what we think/say they are before we offer them to our un-sponsored vehicles.

As you know this aint our first rodeo in building high performance spindles. However they still need to be put through their paces before I make em' available.
How you gonna know.if the spindles are any good if the driver is always terrible?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Does the steering arm/knuckle bolt on? I didn't see it in any of the photos. Also, will they fit into a 14" wheel? Are the wheel bearings retained using the stock snap ring HDWRE and mounting orientation? Replacing stock ball joints with uniballs? Any post manufacturing thermal processes? Are the bearing sleeves re-machined after welding? Where do they weigh in at relative to the stockers? Have you decided what they will cost?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000