Polaris New UTVUnderground.com / Ragland RZR XP Turbo Hellraiser by Cognito

Apr 4, 2014
BiggJam, try dealing with the UTV Lucas rules. We tried front sway bars 2 years ago and they were illegal, now they're legal. Technicalities are evergrowing because they're trying to make it "cheap".

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
There has been questions about how far a bumper can stick out. Nothing in the rules about that....unsafe is ambiguous. I wouldn't freak out over the comment or observation if I was you.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
BiggJam, try dealing with the UTV Lucas rules. We tried front sway bars 2 years ago and they were illegal, now they're legal. Technicalities are evergrowing because they're trying to make it "cheap".
We have dealt with those rules too...They are ever changing....

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Will there ever be a frame safety standard involving the front and rear in this class...or does anybody with even an ounce of common sense over, say, the age of "50" simply stare in amazement here...again?

I would agree with BiggJim...keep the entire build under wraps...claim that everything sticking out like a lance is of a proprietary 'breakaway' design...and race it (again).

"Wow" is about all I can come up with given the history of this class and this design in particular almost certain to become a classic.
You are an idiot

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I thought Casey instructed that the war hammer or similar design was not acceptable after Nygren got hammered. I have to agree there should be specifications how you can build a front bumper then if it's decided this design is allowable then it's in the rule book as such and if this was a typical series that should be cut and dry. If you imagined for a minute the entire UTV class with these bumpers it could be a problem....
You are an idiot

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
M

Your an overly sensitive asshole who can't hold an intelligent conversation.
When you are asking me or a Cognito team member for information and tips on how we do well, just because we don't tell you what you want to hear does not mean the un-intelligent person is on this end of the phone/keyboard.

Reactions: sand shark

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
A fancy bumper just weighs more, the #warhammer is straight business without extra baggage. I don't want to carry more around the desert than i have to, pretty simple.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
The subject of bumpers projections has come up before and since there is a specification in the rule book then specify the projection so it won't come up again. .

As far as sharing of information ....there is nothing that I've asked that wasn't general conversation. If I knew I was inflating your ego I definitely wouldn't have discussed anything w Jim. You and I have not had any conversation so you've added nothing to the equation whatsoever. The fact that you all gossip among yourselves over nothing is laughable. Hope you have a good season regardless.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
The subject of bumpers projections has come up before and since there is a specification in the rule book then specify the projection so it won't come up again. .

As far as sharing of information ....there is nothing that I've asked that wasn't general conversation. If I knew I was inflating your ego I definitely wouldn't have discussed anything w Jim. You and I have not had any conversation so you've added nothing to the equation whatsoever. The fact that you all gossip among yourselves over nothing is laughable. Hope you have a good season regardless.
Here is the rule. It says nothing about how far out it can be, only about the minimum distance from the tire.

BUMPERS

All UTV race vehicles must have rear bumper secured to frame using minimum1.5" outside diameter, .083" wall thickness. Front and rear bumpers must sick out a minimum of 2” past the tires, front to back. This is to prevent tires from touching when nerfing. Bumper ends must be made in such a way as to avoid any sharp edges. Bumpers and nerf bars must be designed in a way as to reasonably inhibit two vehicles from becoming locked together.A safe front and rear bumper is required on all vehicles.No hazardous front or rear bumpers, nerf bars, frame heads or other protruding objects from vehicles are permitted.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009

so if you say we have not had a conversation, then you shouldn't say that i cant hold an intelligent one. You should put more energy into prepping your race car, rather than keyboarding on a thread that you rudely commented on.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Correct Jim.....that's what prompted the question.....maybe it should specify projection.....if it's 8" or 18" that's the rule. Doesn't seem unreasonable to state it imo.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
You are an idiot
1) This "idiot" knows "straight business" bumpers and you're right...that bumper's "straight business" has nothing do with the "business" of designing appropriately safe bumpers not only for the benefit of this class but for every other to come.

2) Geometry/Physics 101: Two like (wide) surfaces oriented in a parallel fashion will 'meet' much more forgivingly than a narrow force meeting another in a perpendicular manner (no matter how the impacted surface may be designed).

our bumper sticks past the tires 3", you aren't fooling your wife with the whole 8" thing
3) Calling people names or referring to their loved ones in a derogatory manner for simply questioning your (frankly indefensible) frame design is a direct reflection on your entire team. sponsors and one manufacturer in particular. As has already been mentioned (as if it had to be):
The incompetence exhibited by even large corporations to push for safety in the sport has absolutely nothing to do with those IN IT pushing to make it safe by only building what is.
An eight year old driving a rocket ship that doesn't even meet specs is not suddenly "OK" if nothing comes of it or "the rules" aren't even being followed or competently crafted in the first place.
Playing dumb is not dumb *nor will it be excused as such* when the dust surrounding tragedy settles.

(Newsflash):
We (fans) can vote with our dollars just like anybody else.
When the manufacturers, sponsors or anybody else in this sport choose to sit idly (silently) by while the fans are constantly crucified over even the most obvious of safety concerns or any insistence that racers THEMSELVES unite around safety vs simply playing stupid?

Our loyalty to ANY brand or product has long ago been compromised.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009

1) This "idiot" knows "straight business" bumpers and you're right...that bumper's "straight business" has nothing do with the "business" of designing appropriately safe bumpers not only for the benefit of this class but for every other to come.

2) Geometry/Physics 101: Two like (wide) surfaces oriented in a parallel fashion will 'meet' much more forgivingly than a narrow force meeting another in a perpendicular manner (no matter how the impacted surface may be designed).

3) Calling people names or referring to their loved ones in a derogatory manner for simply questioning your (frankly indefensible) frame design is a direct reflection on your entire team. sponsors and one manufacturer in particular. As has already been mentioned (as if it had to be):
The incompetence exhibited by even large corporations to push for safety in the sport has absolutely nothing to do with those IN IT pushing to make it safe by only building what is.
An eight year old driving a rocket ship that doesn't even meet specs is not suddenly "OK" if nothing comes of it or "the rules" aren't even being followed or competently crafted in the first place.
Playing dumb is not dumb *nor will it be excused as such* when the dust surrounding tragedy settles.

(Newsflash):
We (fans) can vote with our dollars just like anybody else.
When the manufacturers, sponsors or anybody else in this sport choose to sit idly (silently) by while the fans are constantly crucified over even the most obvious of safety concerns or any insistence that racers THEMSELVES unite around safety vs simply playing stupid?

Our loyalty to ANY brand or product has long ago been compromised.
You need to get your eyes checked, you have proven time and again with your posts that you are an idiot. I have been hit from behind by a class 1 and it left an inch and a half wide dent, not a 3 foot wide dent. Our bumper is 10" wide and you old guys act like it is a sharpened sword.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000