Polaris New UTVUnderground.com / Ragland RZR XP Turbo Hellraiser by Cognito

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

And so it begins! Larry Ragland will once again take on the Baja 1000! The 5X Baja 1000 OVERALL winner will head back to Mexico behind the wheel of a new 2016 UTVUnderground.com Polaris RZR XP4 Turbo being built by Cognito Motorsports.

Chad & Larry Ragland along with team manager Steve Smith will tackle the build with Cognito Motorsports!

We will try to keep this thread updated with build pics and details (Help me out Big Jim & Justin) and more Information surrounding the effort!

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Awesome! I have always liked these chassis! Can't wait to see the finished product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BiggJim

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
This car going to ready for V2R? Haha j/k.

How is it coming along?

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
life got in the way, oh and racing and stuff, the car is 99% done but its first race wont be until The Mint 400, we are going to update the important parts of the engine and drive terrain to 2017 XPTurbo standards.
We were just getting some pictures a few minutes ago, will post soon!

Reactions: JoeyD23

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
life got in the way, oh and racing and stuff, the car is 99% done but its first race wont be until The Mint 400, we are going to update the important parts of the engine and drive terrain to 2017 XPTurbo standards.
We were just getting some pictures a few minutes ago, will post soon!

Right on! Just keeping you on your toes LOL

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015

We still got a ways to go
Will there ever be a frame safety standard involving the front and rear in this class...or does anybody with even an ounce of common sense over, say, the age of "50" simply stare in amazement here...again?

I would agree with BiggJim...keep the entire build under wraps...claim that everything sticking out like a lance is of a proprietary 'breakaway' design...and race it (again).

"Wow" is about all I can come up with given the history of this class and this design in particular almost certain to become a classic.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I thought Casey instructed that the war hammer or similar design was not acceptable after Nygren got hammered. I have to agree there should be specifications how you can build a front bumper then if it's decided this design is allowable then it's in the rule book as such and if this was a typical series that should be cut and dry. If you imagined for a minute the entire UTV class with these bumpers it could be a problem....

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I thought Casey instructed that the war hammer or similar design was not acceptable after Nygren got hammered. I have to agree there should be specifications how you can build a front bumper then if it's decided this design is allowable then it's in the rule book as such and if this was a typical series that should be cut and dry. If you imagined for a minute the entire UTV class with these bumpers it could be a problem....
Jesus christ do any of you read the rules? There are bumper rules....our bumper meets the rules. The ends are capped and rounded to prevent sharp edges, it doesn't have any feature that would cause it to lock into another vehicles rear bumper...and it sticks out far enough past the front tires that we should not make tire contact with the rear tire of another racer.

BITD RULE

BUMPERS

No hazardous front or rear bumpers, nerf bars, frame heads or other protruding objects from
vehicles are permitted. Ends must be capped and rounded to prevent any sharp edges. Bumpers
and nerf bars must be designed in a way as to reasonably inhibit two vehicles from becoming
locked together. A safe front and rear bumper is required on all vehicles. Design of front and rear
bumpers may be specified in some restricted classes.

UTV RULE

28 BUMPERS:

All UTV race vehicles must have rear bumper secured to frame using minimum1.5" outside diameter, .083" wall thickness. Front and rear bumpers must sick out a minimum of 2” past the tires, front to back. This is to prevent tires from touching when nerfing. Bumper ends must be made in such a way as to avoid any sharp edges. Bumpers and nerf bars must be designed in a way as to reasonably inhibit two vehicles from becoming locked together.A safe front and rear bumper is required on all vehicles.No hazardous front or rear bumpers, nerf bars, frame heads or other protruding objects from vehicles are permitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: XPirate and JoeyD23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000