New Trend Custom Trailer

Bobby Williams

Dec 13, 2016
Phelan, CA - Fontana, CA

I’m not one to sit down and take the time to write out a review, but I truly feel it’s needed for my latest purchase/build experience. This is going to be a long one and I hope you’ll read through it to the end.

It all started with a Craigslist ad back in January of this year on a flatbed trailer I found while browsing. I sent a text message to the number listed in the ad inquiring about the availability. I immediately got a response to my text message and went back and forth for a few minutes discussing measurements and so forth. Come to find out the company was right here in Fontana. I didn’t end up purchasing the flat bed as I ended up borrowing one from by buddy Matt and of course borrowing one vs. buying one was the better choice for the bank account
;-)

Now we move forward 7 months later and I had a need to purchase a little longer stacker trailer due to moving my younger son Dustin up to a full-size quad, which of course would not fit in our current stacker trailer (oops).

I did some online searching to see what was available and every stacker trailer I came across either had the wrong type of lift inside it, not enough space behind the rear inside wheel wells to the rear door and so on. I was looking for a needle in a haystack then I remembered the flatbed trailer guy I spoke with a few months back and decided to reach out to him once again to see if he offered a stacker trailer. I sent a text message and asked for a time to meet with him at his shop. I will admit that I did a lot of online searching prior to visiting with Jesse, which included browsing his Facebook and Instagram pages looking at pictures and comments from his customers. To be honest, I was a little leery about having him build my custom stacker trailer as he didn’t really have as much experience building stacker trailers as he did building flatbed and regular enclosed trailers. It’s pretty hard spending a pretty decent amount of money not being able to see something in person or at least pictures of examples of a like product from a company. After a shop tour and meeting/talking with his crew I became much more comfortable and decided to sit down and see what he could offer me. Being in fleet sales I was of course looking for a DEAL and his estimate was MORE than fair, especially comparing it to some of the other know manufactures. I took his estimate and went back to work and did something thinking about it. The next day I decided to move forward and revisited with Jesse to “pull the trigger”.

Over the next couple of days, I did some pretty intense internet searching to get some ideas on what my dream stacker trailer would consist of. I knew I wanted a 22’ box with a V-Nose, (2) 8k lb torsion axles with a 45” spread, 17.5 Alcoa Wheels, Stinger Belly Lift for the sand car, aluminum flooring, LOTS of bright lights, Solar and so on. I text messaged Jesse several pictures of interior/exterior setups. He always replied back quickly and said, “No Problem Bro”.

Over the next 8 weeks I bugged, I mean visited, with Jesse and his crew to inspect the build process almost daily (during my lunch break of course) due to them being less than a mile away from my work, which was another reason why I decided to have New Trend Custom Trailer build my stacker trailer. I’m pretty sure every trip to check in on the build I threw something different at them and made several changes along the way. Never once did Jesse tell me no, it’s too late to do that.

Couple of things I want to really point out about New Trend Custom Trailer. First off, they are a FAMILY owned and operated business, which was a HUGE purchasing factor for me. Second, everyone there seems to truly love what they do and they showed pride in their work. All the guys shook my hand and asked how my day was going and what I thought of the progress of the build. Third, these guys can build ANYTHING you can think of and the quality is second to none!

If you’re ever in the market for a trailer of any sort PLEASE do yourself a favor and reach out to Jesse directly, you won’t be disappointed….

I have included a few pictures of the build. It was so awesome seeing it progress from a pile of tubing to the finished project. The family and I look forward too many many years of use and if the times ever comes again I can assure you I will be doing business with Jesse @ New Trend Custom Trailer again!

Thanks once again Jesse for the AWESOME New Trend Custom Trailer.

Last edited:

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
Awesome trailer. Also nice to know someone right here in SoCal could build something like this as custom upgraded or bare as I would want it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000