Can-Am NEW TOY allmost here

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
So after a ton of talking to people and finding out more info than i need to know I went for the 800 not the 1000 why look at the hole pic.
» 71 HP Rotax 800 EFI V-Twin engine
» Industry-leading fuel mileage
» Dual-level cargo box
» Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC)
» Visco-Lok front differential
» TTI rear suspension
» Double A-arm front suspension with dive-control geometry
» 2-inch diameter, high strength steel, ROPS-approved cage
» 1 928 cubic inches (31.6 litres) cockpit storage
» 240-watt lighting
» Quick-attach side nets
» 10-gallon (38 litres) gas tank
» Standard & Performance D.E.S.S.™ Keys (w/ an optional third work key)
» 3-point seatbelts with anti-cinch
» 11-inch (35 cm) of total ground clearance
» 214mm disc brakes with twin-piston calipers
» 26-inch Carlisle‡ Black Rock radial tires on 12†wheels (base model)
» 1,500 lbs (680 kg) towing capacity
» 2-inch rear hitch receiver
» Comfort seats with sit-in fore / aft driver adjustment
» Adjustable-tilt steering
» Passenger handhold and grab bar
» Dual cup holders
» 650-watt magneto
» Easy-to-use maintenance centre
» Base model available in yellow

» 85 HP Rotax 1000 EFI V-Twin engine
» Industry-leading fuel mileage
» Dual-level cargo box
» Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC)
» Visco-Lok front differential
» TTI rear suspension
» Double A-arm front suspension with dive-control geometry
» 2-inch diameter, high strength steel, ROPS-approved cage
» 1,928 cubic inches (31.6 litres) cockpit storage
» 240-watt lighting
» Quick-attach side nets
» 10-gallon (38 litres) gas tank
» Normal & Performance D.E.S.S.™ Keys (w/ an optional third work key)
» 3-point seatbelts with anti-cinch
» 11-inch (35 cm) of total ground clearance
» 214mm disc brakes with twin-piston calipers
» 26-inch Carlisle‡ Black Rock radial tires on 12†wheels (base model)
» 1,500 lbs. (680 kg) towing capacity
» 2-inch rear hitch receiver
» Comfort seats with sit-in fore / aft driver adjustment
» Adjustable-tilt steering
» Passenger handhold and grab bar
» Dual cup holders
» 650-watt magneto
» Easy-to-use maintenance centre
» Base model available in yellow

So 14 more hp is the difference only 14 hp for 4k more ..LOL.. we all know how much we do to go faster and to be smother.. the Fox shocks will not stay on the 1000 with a LT kit.. motor work will be done. from what I have found out the 800 can go up to a 1100 now add turbo and that kit is looking to be 5k only 1k more now invested and 90+hp little more than 14hp for 4k .. now for 6k I can have the ROTAX 2-TEC SD 2 stroke installed with keeping the CVT system..alot to swallow but my choose was to get the base model and build it.... and take the 4k i saved and go bigger than the 1000 ... Just thought I would share what has had me going CRAZZY the last few weeks

BRPRacer

Broke
Feb 15, 2010
I just put cylinders and pistons for the Commander on my Pikes Peak Hill Climb Can Am Renegade. It was an 800 now its a 1000. With the modified MCX turbo on the 1000 I have 143 rear wheel HP. On the 800 we only made 125 HP.

Like StrRacerX "there is a saying, "no replacement for displacement".

TURBO

Jan 16, 2009
You do have a great point Turbo!!!

But even though mine will get parted out and chopped, I still decided to go with the "X". Fell in love with it the 1st minute I saw it I guess, and couldn't resist! :D
yes the x looks real nice I just cant see spending the extra coin for stuff that will be removed and 85 hp is cool but with the right LT kit 125hp to 150 will be ok and duneabule and take on rzr's and all others with any mod

I just put cylinders and pistons for the Commander on my Pikes Peak Hill Climb Can Am Renegade. It was an 800 now its a 1000. With the modified MCX turbo on the 1000 I have 143 rear wheel HP. On the 800 we only made 125 HP.

Like StrRacerX "there is a saying, "no replacement for displacement".
yes at this time they will guarantee 90+ hp but the commander 800 with mods will be up in 110hp without turbo and 130hp with... it is guess at this time till it is done...if I go with the 2 stroke and do some work to it 175hp all day long... its up in the air at this time ..I have a guy in Canada that has done a tone of work with these already and puts a guaranty on it .. at this time he has one 1000 they are getting ready to dyno this week or next and he will let me know

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
yes the x looks real nice I just cant see spending the extra coin for stuff that will be removed and 85 hp is cool but with the right LT kit 125hp to 150 will be ok and duneabule and take on rzr's and all others with any mod

yes at this time they will guarantee 90+ hp but the commander 800 with mods will be up in 110hp without turbo and 130hp with... it is guess at this time till it is done...if I go with the 2 stroke and do some work to it 175hp all day long... its up in the air at this time ..I have a guy in Canada that has done a tone of work with these already and puts a guaranty on it .. at this time he has one 1000 they are getting ready to dyno this week or next and he will let me know

Oh I think I will stay with stock rhino 28 hp, better gas mpg! Its funny to look at those hp numbers and see debate. not long ago even the lower number wwe would be going woohoo

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Oh I think I will stay with stock rhino 28 hp, better gas mpg! Its funny to look at those hp numbers and see debate. not long ago even the lower number wwe would be going woohoo
you don't even drive your rhino! lol

you drive the T-rex's, albeit one sees the Glamis jungle now and then! hahahaha

TURBO

Jan 16, 2009
that is true, but imagine a 1000 with the same mods? :)
umm it would be the same...... 1100 + is the same if it comes from a 800cc motor or a 1000 cc ...I would have to redo the 1000 with the same parts and head work that will be done on the 800 but my 800 is 4k cheeper so I have more coin to throw at the motor work .....

Last edited:

StrRacerX

Mar 12, 2010
san diego, ca
umm it would be the same...... 1100 + is the same if it comes from a 800cc motor or a 1000 cc ...I would have to redo the 1000 with the same parts and head work that will be done on the 800 but my 800 is 4k cheeper so I have more coin to throw at the motor work .....
so the 1000 rotax motor is just a bigger bore and stroke of the 800 rotax? or are they two different engine castings?

TURBO

Jan 16, 2009
WHERE THE ----- IS MY COMMANDER ..Seen 8 or so at the show my dealer has not seen one yet did not cheek any price on them at the show but one guy said he had 10 of them ..I CALL B/S .. but we will see .... I messed the DFR car would of loved to see it up close

TURBO

Jan 16, 2009
Only thing I've heard that has hit my local dealers is the 800's and 1 XT. Heard I might get my X the first week of October but we'll see. As long as I have it for Hallow's eve I'm good! :D
the 800 is what I'm waiting for.. the guy up in Canada is ready too get the motor done... I would love to have it ready for our 2 weeks Christmas new year trip..I talked to our dealer today if its not here buy October I can have my deposit back .. :mad: ..

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Ive been running a Turboed 800 since 2006 and anything over 100hp to the ground is just perfect for duning, its awesome no matter what.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000