NEW TIRE!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
We're really excited to see this project come to life. We've been working with the guys at GBC Motorsports over the last year to develop a better UTV tire. We just got our hands on the first prototypes and will be testing them next weekend.

Here's a sneak peak of what's to come! We'll have more info soon.

This tire is DOT approved (Street Legal) and available in sizes up to 30" tall and will work on 15" wheels.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Nice job Mike! Tires are the 'next big thing' in UTV's. IMO.

Good to see a manufacturer taking the SxS business serious and not flopping us to low pressure 'ATV Tires.'

Again...nice job!

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I really like the tire. I am curious of its weight, and what will be the sizes available as well as ply rating and price. I know my brother in Arizona will like the DOT rating.

SXSPerformance.com

Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
It will be an 8ply tire so nice and strong. The goal was to build them as light as possible. They will be lighter than the truck tires everyone is switching to now. We don't have pricing as of yet but will let you know as soon as we do. Available sizes will be 26,27,28,and 30 on a combination of 12,14, and 15" wheels.

SXSPerformance.com

Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yes it will be a radial tire!

We will be running a set next week when we head out to the Glamis North KOA for a weekend of fun in the sun to see how they do!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Good looking tire Mike, looks like GBC listened to the thread a while back on tires. It seems to have much of what was discussed.. Glad to see GBC stepping up...
Gotta keep an eye on this one...

SXSPerformance.com

Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
I just talked with Mike, who is out in the desert trying out this new tire. He said it is awesome, he has put 80 plus miles on it so far and its been great. Good traction, good ride, and good steering. Mike will be back Monday with a full report. So far he is very impressed!

noceros

Jan 22, 2011
Folsom Ca.
I have 28" baja cross raced in the mint. Did notice floating at 89 mph. want to be safe at 100. can these tires be tested at 100 mph? I think the baja cross tire is way better than big horns (more rim protection - less punctures) but still a utv tire (ballon looking)

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
I have 28" baja cross raced in the mint. Did notice floating at 89 mph. want to be safe at 100. can these tires be tested at 100 mph? I think the baja cross tire is way better than big horns (more rim protection - less punctures) but still a utv tire (ballon looking)
I’ll check out those BajaX’s too for my XP900 if you think that are better than what most run BH’s. I don't go past 80 rev limit, not a racer.

There are a lot of things I can imagine that can cause float @ high speed, but if one were to attribute it to the tire I would think the ratio of the contact area to weight s/b looked at along with the void ratio or # of knobbies, softer compounds, etc….. The testing could vary from car-to-car.

Dirtdaddy

Feb 17, 2010
Well its about time. That tire looks good and if it is DOT approved then the carcass or body of the tire is much stronger than the ATV/UTV tires. Running the 32" super swampers on 15' ITPs like I do is nice and fun but a lighter tire would be nice..........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000