NEW SKAT-TRAK 30" PADDLE TIRES

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Hey Guys Skat-Trak has been working on this one for a while now and Came up with a new Tire that starts life out as a 4 ply tire.
Here are the specs for the 30" tire Skat-Trak made for me The casing 30x14* they installed 9 Extreme paddles on it.* The tire weight was 17lbs The wheel weight is 11lbs.* The tire and wheel mounted weighed 28lbs. The roll out with 10 lbs of air pressure was 90" exactly measuring The height of the tire from the floor measured 28 1/2" tall.** Ouch* thats huge my Tire is 2lbs heavier with the Rim than a STU. WOW!!!* especially when you add it up.* Every one here can probably agree that the STUs have a lot of excess* Rotating mass and unsprung weight hanging out there Correct.* So what tire and wheel combination will Accelerate faster* and handle better.** That being said, you argue that the heavy 4 ply STUs are better for dunning how is that when a lighter tire combo accelerates faster and runs higher speeds.* You say what?** The Skat lays over and doesn't get the traction.* Really!** If they laid over that far they would come off the beads.* The only time i see tire off the beads is after a crash. So for Dune riding I don't see the need for a bead lock wheel.
I stopped by Skat-Trak on Thursday and they had a nice looking STI wheel 14" that weighed in at 12 I think so that's not to bad for a good looking wheel. but not as light as the Spun Wheels. I see the 50 Caliber Bead locks Weigh in pretty damn light to. so there's a few good choices out there.

Im going refer you to call Tim Kelly at Extreme Tire in Phoenix Az at 602-576-1043

Attachments

Last edited:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I would like to try them at Camp RZR on my T4. I saw them at the sand show. They look rad.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I would like to try them at Camp RZR on my T4. I saw them at the sand show. They look rad.
I told them to try and make it out there and get more involved in the Sand again and start working it. They work the Jetski Impeller pump business real hard. Greg wants to put together a test and trial of his SKAT-TRAKS VS STUs and make a fair and Unbiased video to show the Performance of the SKATs. So we will see what happens.

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
Are they going to make them for a 15in rim.....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Are they going to make them for a 15in rim.....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
They will make them in a 15" rim size if you have a tire they can use. Find a bias ply tire,:eek: they work the best because when they Buff down a Steel Belted radial it can get Ugly real fast when a steel belt is snagged with the machine.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I would be real interested in skat trak paddles. I must of missed them at the show. Keep the info flowing about them.
Heres a few Pictures . the new 30" tire and rim combination weighs 10lbs less than a STU tire and rim at the minimum. Lighter is faster.:D

Attachments

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Warlock, What's up with the 30/13/14 Skats? Still in the works?
Well i figured you were all paddled up after dave at FSS had you all hooked up last I saw. LOL. They are done and Tims Been selling the heck out of them. The RZR forum queers believe that a heavy molded tire like that STU or Sand stripper is the way to go. and if you want a cheap chinese tire that doesnt work and you are shopping by price I would get something like those. If your serious about performance and understand what 52lbs of less rotating mass will do to your under powered car then you buy a Extreme Skat-Trak. . Common sense alone in this case is all it takes. I have been pushing Skat-Trak to raise there prices since there is a lot of work that goes into each tire unlike those cheap molded tires that are pure Profit centers for places like Fullerton. Fullerton barely sells any Skat-Trak UTV tires so they are Biased as hell.. A Skat-Trak Tire starts out life as a regular tire then gets mounted on a rim and buffed down, then dismounted and off to the Press to do each paddle individually for like 4 minute each or so for however many paddles are needed. So there is a reason a custom made tire should cost more than a cheap ass molded tire that just shows up to a store and gets put out for sale.
I know your set on the STU so that might be the best way to go for you or maybe those Polaris Pro Armor Paddles since they are spec for polaris thats probably a good tire for the Budget minded buyer.
I was Banned last time i talked with you over there as that Fag Dave cries to his Boy friend FJK about me talking up Skat-Trak products and giving the truth and pure facts about weights and roll out. Dave owns that place basically and anyone who talks about anything other than STU gets threatened with nasty PMs and then Dave cries on his boy friend FJks Pillow and FagJK Bans ya. LOL. .
So let me tell ya real quick.
The Skats I saw last week had a Bunch of 95" Roll out. where those heavy Molded STUs have 88" rear rollout. and there front steer tire has 86" Rollout. so in 7' the front steer tire skids 2" and is always fighting the rear. Not good for the 4wd system or handling as they Push bad in turns.
A set of Extreme Skats 30 x13 x14 on a custom CMS wheel weigh in at 20 lbs each front.
the rear Skat weight on a CMS wheel is 26lbs give or take due to amount of extra paddles.
Heres a picture of a STU on a Method Beadlock which you have to run STUs on Beadlock due to there Loose bead seat pressure or they will come off the bead easily while duning hard.

Heres a picture of the front skat 30 x13 x14

Last but not least you can show the guys at RZR forum the best new thing for Skat-Trak.

left to right.
STU 28 Blaster, 10 wide wheel, skat 30x13x14 on a 10" wide wheel. 30x13x14 on a 8" wide wheel GMZ 28x15x14 on a 10" wide wheel.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Heres some pictures of the scales LOL. What do you want to have spinning off your axles in unsprung rotating mass.

GMZ hp no rims. lol

Or Skat-Traks on Rims.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Heres a rear 9 Paddle Extreme blade on a custom CMS 190. CNC machined wheel.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Well i figured you were all paddled up after dave at FSS had you all hooked up last I saw. LOL. They are done and Tims Been selling the heck out of them. The RZR forum queers believe that a heavy molded tire like that STU or Sand stripper is the way to go. and if you want a cheap chinese tire that doesnt work and you are shopping by price I would get something like those. If your serious about performance and understand what 52lbs of less rotating mass will do to your under powered car then you buy a Extreme Skat-Trak. . Common sense alone in this case is all it takes. I have been pushing Skat-Trak to raise there prices since there is a lot of work that goes into each tire unlike those cheap molded tires that are pure Profit centers for places like Fullerton. Fullerton barely sells any Skat-Trak UTV tires so they are Biased as hell.. A Skat-Trak Tire starts out life as a regular tire then gets mounted on a rim and buffed down, then dismounted and off to the Press to do each paddle individually for like 4 minute each or so for however many paddles are needed. So there is a reason a custom made tire should cost more than a cheap ass molded tire that just shows up to a store and gets put out for sale.
I know your set on the STU so that might be the best way to go for you or maybe those Polaris Pro Armor Paddles since they are spec for polaris thats probably a good tire for the Budget minded buyer.
I was Banned last time i talked with you over there as that Fag Dave cries to his Boy friend FJK about me talking up Skat-Trak products and giving the truth and pure facts about weights and roll out. Dave owns that place basically and anyone who talks about anything other than STU gets threatened with nasty PMs and then Dave cries on his boy friend FJks Pillow and FagJK Bans ya. LOL. .
So let me tell ya real quick.
The Skats I saw last week had a Bunch of 95" Roll out. where those heavy Molded STUs have 88" rear rollout. and there front steer tire has 86" Rollout. so in 7' the front steer tire skids 2" and is always fighting the rear. Not good for the 4wd system or handling as they Push bad in turns.
A set of Extreme Skats 30 x13 x14 on a custom CMS wheel weigh in at 20 lbs each front.
the rear Skat weight on a CMS wheel is 26lbs give or take due to amount of extra paddles.
Heres a picture of a STU on a Method Beadlock which you have to run STUs on Beadlock due to there Loose bead seat pressure or they will come off the bead easily while duning hard.

Heres a picture of the front skat 30 x13 x14

Last but not least you can show the guys at RZR forum the best new thing for Skat-Trak.

left to right.
STU 28 Blaster, 10 wide wheel, skat 30x13x14 on a 10" wide wheel. 30x13x14 on a 8" wide wheel GMZ 28x15x14 on a 10" wide wheel.

LOL Nah man, I don't jump on band wagons easily. I have until Halloween to make my mind up so I am not in any hurry.

I think that I am going to have to try the new Skats man. They look good. My biggest complaint before was that they were narrow and didn't look like they would float near as good. Looks like you guys have that handled.

Any idea how much for a set of 4? I am thinking either STI Pro Lites or DWT Stealth wheels. I'm not familiar with the wheel you posted the pic of. What is it and how much does it weigh?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
LOL Nah man, I don't jump on band wagons easily. I have until Halloween to make my mind up so I am not in any hurry.

I think that I am going to have to try the new Skats man. They look good. My biggest complaint before was that they were narrow and didn't look like they would float near as good. Looks like you guys have that handled.

Any idea how much for a set of 4? I am thinking either STI Pro Lites or DWT Stealth wheels. I'm not familiar with the wheel you posted the pic of. What is it and how much does it weigh?
Call Tim for pricing. And sizes. Those 190. CMS wheels are CNC Machined by Tim. They are the lightest rim around.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Also, is the 31" diameter up there on the 8 or 10 in wheel?
The 31" is on a front tire with a 7" wide wheel and with 8 or a 10 on the rear it would be about 3/4" less. I know the fags on RZR forum will tell you that you need a big wide rim and it will work better well thats not true. And as far as your possible concerns as to stability well thats never been a concern on any Skat-Trak Tire that Tim has ever produced. Just so you know Skat-Trak will have many people who send in there own tire to have buffed down and paddles installed because they are so smart and have the magic tire to buff down for the perfect tire and later find out that they are junk gives skat trak a bad name, because a Tire has a Skat trak paddle blade on it does not mean its the best one. You need to know the source of the tire and what carcass was used in the making of the Tire. So if you listen to these dummies that say shit like skat trak this and skat trak that dont know shit. Skat-Trak came about many years ago in 1967 to make tires like the Junk STU into a better tire. These Skat-Traks are used on the fastest of fast duners and they have no issues with them and they are one of the fast guys best kept secrets also.
Gregg Biffle just ordered up some for his Apex powered cars and Im sure those guys run a little harder and faster than most Duner guys.
One more thing to think about. Your Polaris 4 seater will bottom out the Belly pan if you are hard and fast duner and you dune with STU 28" Blasters. They are to short. then air them STUs down low and the ground clearance gets worse , lol.
Do you run smaller front tires on your truck in 4wd ? 4wd systems dont like that but guys put a 2" shorter STU steer tire up front. that makes no sense to me. Roll out on a Blaster 28 is 88" STU front Steer tire is 86"
Maybe you should listen to the Guys that got taken for $2800 on a set of STU tires as they are stuck in them and wont admit they screwed up LMAO. So they look for people to join them.
These newer cars with long travel and turbos coming out now will benefit and really need the extra ground clearance that this new Extreme Skat-Trak offers.
I see you cant wrap your head around the common sense factor either which to most guys is just a no brainer, WEIGHT and Rotating Mass. Less is Best. So Extreme 31' Skat on rims are 52lbs total lighter than STU blaster 28 on Methods. Does that make sense to you. Dont you think if you switched your STU tire combo over to the Skat combo that you would notice a huge improvement in power and your car would feel like a new machine with 52lbs of rotating mass taken off. Imagine the throttle response you would feel. Like a Banshee in the old days first thing we all did was advance the timing and Trim weight off the fly wheel so it would rev up quick. same with axles . it makes that big of a difference. I kinda hope the Polaris crowd buys those new bad ass pro armor paddles they look like the hot ticket since polaris speced them they must work.
Tim had this new Extreme tire carcass specifically made for Paddle tires. Nobody out there can claim they have 97" of rollout (31")
Good luck with what ever you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALEX

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
These tires should be amazing on all the new turbo motor machines. Nice tall tire to give you some ground clearance but still nice and light so you can spin them with ease.

Reactions: warlock

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
These tires should be amazing on all the new turbo motor machines. Nice tall tire to give you some ground clearance but still nice and light so you can spin them with ease.
Any car will benefit having a light tire and wheel in sand or dirt and the sand is huge. I hear some people with molded paddles now ask the question about the extra height like it's gonna hurt performance, we'll no it doesn't hurt since they are so light weight and the height gives you back your top end speeds. Usually with height came lots of weight.
And there width and shape is what we were looking for, so like a boat we don't want a total Flatbottom carcass as it won't cut through choppy sand it will bounce and pound it if it's a flat surface like the STU . And on the high end it will have less resistance and drag to hold the car back.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Any car will benefit having a light tire and wheel in sand or dirt and the sand is huge. I hear some people with molded paddles now ask the question about the extra height like it's gonna hurt performance, we'll no it doesn't hurt since they are so light weight and the height gives you back your top end speeds. Usually with height came lots of weight.
And there width and shape is what we were looking for, so like a boat we don't want a total Flatbottom carcass as it won't cut through choppy sand it will bounce and pound it if it's a flat surface like the STU . And on the high end it will have less resistance and drag to hold the car back.

This all sounds great in theory, but I guess we will see the actual results once Glamis season rolls around. I do want to try a set to compare to my current set up.

So are you going with the staggered set up or the extreme paddles?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
This all sounds great in theory, but I guess we will see the actual results once Glamis season rolls around. I do want to try a set to compare to my current set up.

So are you going with the staggered set up or the extreme paddles?
In theory LOL. Pure facts and math and Physics that they will dominate. What do you have a hard time understanding in Theory of course.
I will get you some to play with. I'm not 100% sure which ones I will love the most yet as both styles kick ass. I do have my own recipe for my car which will be different than the others and it cost more to do so it wont be for everyone. My own top secret stuff. cant give out all of our speed secrets on the net you know.

Reactions: mearsman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000