New "Production 1000" class at Lucas Oil Regional

Perfect Race

Feb 9, 2011
We have a new class at the Lucas Oil Regional series for 2014. Production 1000 is for the new RZR 1000, Can Ams and Artic Cats. The 2014 rules are posted now.

http://www.lucasoilregional.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/RegionalRules14.pdf

We will still have the RZR 900 class as well. We pretty much followed the rules of the stock RZR 900 class. We want to keep the vehicles mostly stock like the 900 class, so its a racers class instead of money pit. Stock engine internals in this class as well.
I am sure there will be some updating of the rules as this class developes this year or some added brand specific updates. Let us know what you think and who is in. I know of about 5 new RZR 1000s being built so far.

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
Great job guys. I think the production 1000 class and having different manufactures racing together is a great idea. Maybe it will help bring more money to the class with Polaris, Can Am and Artic Cat battling it out for bragging rights.

My opinion on vehicle weights; Every vehicle should weigh at least what the mfg. shipping weight is plus a minimum of 150 lbs. for driver and safety gear.

My two cents on the tech person for the class; someone with noting to gain and no horse in the game. Due to no engine mods being permitted and provided he has no sponsorship issues in this class, my vote would be Chris. I believe he has the knowledge, honesty and integrity to keep everyone in line.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
As affordable as a class can get i suppose. These cars still are not cheap. There are still a ton of ways to spend money if your looking for a edge. If you want to come race your car with safety mods only you still have a great chance of winning and can expect to have a great time. That being said, be prepared to spend money. Cars get flipped spun out rear ended and can create damage. A shock can be $500, a axle $ 200, you can rip an a arm out the frame and cost over 1000 bucks, But still an affordable class for the most part

lloydk94

Jun 14, 2013
We have a new class at the Lucas Oil Regional series for 2014. Production 1000 is for the new RZR 1000, Can Ams and Artic Cats. The 2014 rules are posted now.

http://www.lucasoilregional.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/RegionalRules14.pdf

We will still have the RZR 900 class as well. We pretty much followed the rules of the stock RZR 900 class. We want to keep the vehicles mostly stock like the 900 class, so its a racers class instead of money pit. Stock engine internals in this class as well.
I am sure there will be some updating of the rules as this class developes this year or some added brand specific updates. Let us know what you think and who is in. I know of about 5 new RZR 1000s being built so far.
My rzr 1000 is , cage, doors, bumpers and tons of safety parts are being built by Modern offroad products from Boise.
I know they are building 5 more right now. I hope there is a good car count. on the schedule the have Utah and Reno race the same day twice. That sucks now we have to choose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000