New law requiring helmets in california

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
When my kids got their atv certificates they had to take the course through ati institute. The same jack ass lawyer owns this money making machine. The instructors (two women) told my kids that they need to check their brake fluid every time they ride... Lol! I was like, who in the hell does the gov and manufacturers think they are? They think they can raise my kids better than me? My son who took the class was 8. He's been riding since he was 3. It was very lame... A total waste of time. The only reason why we had my kids take it was to prevent a ticket, not for safety. I can teach that.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Can you imagine gripping the hand grip for 8hrs? These guys don't ride what they sell and they don't have families! This is crap!:eek:;)
This is what they're messing with...

The green four seat conversion is mine. The red four seat conversion is my brothers. And the other red one is my parents. It's a total family sport for us. We obviously have a lot invested.

Familyman

Family. It's about time.
Jan 24, 2011
Mesa, Az
Bolt in sub floor and extended passenger grab handles. Done deal. If this law does pass these things will be made by aftermarket companies and I know a few already drawing up prototypes. It will make for new storage compartments too.
Sorry Joey but that doesn't make it a "done deal" for 2kids&adad or the tens of thousands of others who own 4 seat conversions. They way you keep talking sounds like you are willing to cut that limb right out of the sport. That's crap. You don't even know if a bolt in subfloor will be legal. Basically you are telling families they should bend over and take this new law because it's for the good of the industry. Sorry your kids can't ride with you but that's the price we pay. Sorry but you are just going to bat for the manus that give you free stuff. I don't post a lot on this forum but I've read all of it for a long time. You always talk about how you care about all off roaders. Now you're willing to side with the manus and turn your back on "la familia". Isn't what this whole site is based on? Families joined together in a common sport. Guess that's not really the case here.

Familyman

Family. It's about time.
Jan 24, 2011
Mesa, Az
This is what they're messing with...

The green four seat conversion is mine. The red four seat conversion is my brothers. And the other red one is my parents. It's a total family sport for us. We obviously have a lot invested.
Sorry josh. Your just the limb of the sport that has to be cut to save the whole thing.

Nice machines btw.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
For the record I have 3 kids, none of which reach the floorboards! I should also make note that while I do get some free stuff, that free stuff does NOT pay the bills. So until SDG&E will take a pair of harnesses in trade for my gas and electric bill I will choose to make decisions that #1 are good for my family, and #2 are good for business.

I should also make clear that I hate this law, much like I hate gun laws and speed limits in California when driving a trailer being limited to 55mph.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Sorry josh. Your just the limb of the sport that has to be cut to save the whole thing.

Nice machines btw.
Yeah... It sucks. I broke the news to my kids this evening (age 10, 8 and 4)... They were in tears. My 8 year old said, "dad can't we pay someone to change the law"? We just don't have the advocacy that they do... I wish I could uproot my whole family out of this state.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Yeah... It sucks. I broke the news to my kids this evening (age 10, 8 and 4)... They were in tears. My 8 year old said, "dad can't we pay someone to change the law"? We just don't have the advocacy that they do... I wish I could uproot my whole family out of this state.
Word!
I want the hell outta here too

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Since u got extra time on your hands, can you take an online traffic school course for me? I need the certificate by next Wednesday.

Dunecrusher

Dunecrusher
May 14, 2012
Oak hills CA
We need to continue the calls the squeaky wheel gets the oil. It's an election year vote for the people that don't want to take rights away. Think about smokers. Most of us hate smoke and don't want to breath it so the gov separated them out and we were ok with that it didn't affect us or our rights. Just like people are saying here that the helmet is ok just get rid of the other stuff. Come on people you may not care about the helmet part of it but next time it may be something that does affect you. We changed to the ss because we didn't have to wear helmets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000