NEW CBR COOLING SET UP

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I had the PWR set up which was nice don't get me wrong but I found something WAY better. I got the first rad. Off the line but the guys that are making this product have A LOT of experience and you have seen it on many TT class 1 and etc. Under a different name besides CBR They are moving forward to improve a solid product.

The rad. Is a huge improvement over my pwr with 33 rails over the pwr 22 rail system not to include the tanks are wider and deeper. It runs the same kind of shroud system with the elect. Fan and dual flapped slots to let air flow thru it on those fast runs and it is safe to say it will have at least 33% better cooling efficiency over my old pwr rad. I will post pics when I install it I just need to get my toy back.

Ok now the oil cooler...I went with a diff set up than norm and it is a shrouded oil cooler which should bump my oil cap. By almost a quart not to mention it has 2 dual high flow elect fans to cool my oil and keep my motor running cooler which hopefully will keep the motor lasting longer and run more efficient.

Last edited:

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I will get some pics of mine....i have the rad and moved the oil cooler behind the stock shock tower which still get air from the grill and doesnt block the rad air flow allowing the set to be more efficent ! On my dads mild chop and drop we are running his oil cooler between the pass and driver seats to allow better overall air flow

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
it would have been nice to see the temps if you actually went on a dune ride with us! lol

LouDiamond

De Oppresso Liber - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 9, 2009
Directly under the sun
I will get some pics of mine....i have the rad and moved the oil cooler behind the stock shock tower which still get air from the grill and doesnt block the rad air flow allowing the set to be more efficent ! On my dads mild chop and drop we are running his oil cooler between the pass and driver seats to allow better overall air flow
I'd like to see the pictures of that mounting location and description of how you routed the hoses. One of my concerns is the added length of the hose and the pressure drop with mounting it that far away from the engine.

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
it would have been nice to see the temps if you actually went on a dune ride with us! lol
love you too Rog.....haha yea that was def a family trip not a bad thing considering i just got back for somoa ! I had rough start to my trip hopefully meet new yrs and ride

I'd like to see the pictures of that mounting location and description of how you routed the hoses. One of my concerns is the added length of the hose and the pressure drop with mounting it that far away from the engine.
The length of the hose is much if any long due to the oil cooler moved towards the firewall......i will try to remember on mon to snap some pics and post them !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000