Can-Am New Can-Am X3 Coming 8.16.16

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
teaser video was leaked. Not sure if it was planned or not but I can't imagine them leaking such a poor quality version of what seems to be some level of an instagram clip or something. Vehicle does look cool. Appears to be 3 versions of the machine. You can see BJ and Block in the video both with their own slightly modified / bolt on X3's. You can also spy our boy Dustin Jones as well.

Rumors have swirled that BJ, Block and Dustin Jones have been filming with Can-Am, maybe on a special XP1K style video. While this video screams cookie cutter oem launch piece, one would hope they would put this star power to use and go big with these machines!

Back to the vehicle.. Its hard to make out if there is a CVT or not, but it sure sounds like a 3cyl w/ CVT. Appears to have big 3.0 FOX IBP shocks. One model certainly looks wider than another so maybe a trail model is part of the launch?

If it was planned it was smart because everyone is digging deeper and it still didn't tell us or show us too much which makes it feel set up. BUT out of respect for Can-Am I won't post or share the video however it is all over the place now so it won't take much to find it.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Look at the 7 second mark and pause it. You can see a duct tube for a CVT on the black and white zebra looking one.

Here is the full video:

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Looks like a bit of Yami, Popo, and Turbo Mav all mixed together. It also looks like it has some styling keyed of Jones S3 car.

Good looking machine, Can-am could have a strong competitor on there hands here, can't wait to get the full release and see some specs engine/trans specs

Reactions: sand shark

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy
In all seriousness I can't wait to see this machine and especially see the custom race cars turned out by the top Can-Am teams like S3, Murray's, Gastel, Martinez and LSR. This OEM competition is something we have all worked hard at pushing for and we are in the midst of what is an awesome battle! This new machine may be exactly what can-am has needed and that's just more of the non factory guys buying their machines to better increase their odds and really put the pressure on Polaris.

ive already started setting money aside to get mine hahah let the builds begin !!!!

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
Guess the ad was a leak as its been pulled from various sites, however still able to find on youtube as it gets re-posted.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Leaks suck if it gives away everything. This one just lets us know what the various models look like with no details. It just creates more buzz for specs and the full reveal.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
with the views, re-tweets, instagram posts, and shares in a 2 hour period, i would bet this made a big splash. and raised eyebrows and got everyone talking. Joey you know from releasing your own videos on things, you can lock videos, only to be seen with passwords, or after a certain time, or only by link being sent in email. If can-am put this video up, i feel certain it was locked and time sensitive. this may have been a purposeful leak, to add to the hype. i think it certainly got folks talking and wanting more and tuesday to get here soon. They are taking cues from Polaris PR and marketing clearly making a "to-do" of this machine just as polaris does theirs. marketing this way makes a big buzz

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i did notice one of the people that originally posted the vid labeled as "leaked" is a relatively big video producer on youtube with lots of followers, tons of SxS guys. i think the right people got this video to put out intentionally. even if can-am pretends to scramble to take it down, its just a marketing ploy to create hype. i think this was on purpose.

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
The blacked out one bj has looks sick. I don't care for the side profile look but nothing a cage can't fix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
i did notice one of the people that originally posted the vid labeled as "leaked" is a relatively big video producer on youtube with lots of followers, tons of SxS guys. i think the right people got this video to put out intentionally. even if can-am pretends to scramble to take it down, its just a marketing ploy to create hype. i think this was on purpose.
Wrong. This was a web ad sent out by Can-Am's ad agency under embargo and accidentally posted by ATV.com websites. I first saw it as a pre roll advertisement in RZR Forums. So that network screwed the pooch on this one. It was not planned at all.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The blacked out one bj has looks sick. I don't care for the side profile look but nothing a cage can't fix

I noticed HCR Suspension and King shocks as well meaning they have had these for a while which would then mean racers should also have had these further increasing chances of seeing one at V2R in race trim.

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
I noticed HCR Suspension and King shocks as well meaning they have had these for a while which would then mean racers should also have had these further increasing chances of seeing one at V2R in race trim.
I seen a selfie bj posted a selfie a while back with it in the background. So some privileged folks have had them for a little bit.. I'm sure Tuesday a bunch are gunna pop up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000