New BITD UTV class for 2013

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Sure we can make it 840cc. Right now I have not recieved any e-mails from teams willing to commit.
I have been desert racing since the early 70s and have raced in many differant classes. When it comes to "respect" the UTVs recieve the same respect that all other classes recieve. UTVs are treated the same as all other classes, we get are pictures taken and posted, we have web sites that post our stories, we get awards, we have vendors at contingency, other classes stop to help us when we break down on the course, we have product and money sponsorship, heck we even have factory sponsorship that the other classes dont have, etc....... Belive me when I say there is no more respect to give in desert racing. If you are wanting something more than maybe this is not the sport for you. As far as us being a slower class, in desert racing there will always be slower classes in front of faster classes, it is inherent to our sport. It is the reasponsiblity of all desert racers to "respect" the slower guys and pass them safetly. If we cant do this than our sport is not sustainable. Accidents will happen, read the disclaimer, "desert racing is very dangerous you can and may die partisipating in the sport. I dont know that there is a more dangerous motorsport out there. If you are not comfortable with this risk than maybe this sport is not for you. UTV have been desert racing for 7 years and we have a pretty clean safety record, so I would say that our policies and procedures are working. It would be a nice change to see some positive posts on the internet!
Awesome post Cory

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
850 is good. Cut the price in half and your have twice the racers too. Not everone has that deep of pockets to race bitd Racing should be about skill and driver. Not money . Why would a worcs guy cross over when he can race the whole season for what 1 bitd race cost. Makes no sense in my eyes. I hope it happens tho. I will go watch. Permits and what not cost money I know but still

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
850 is good. Cut the price in half and your have twice the racers too. Not everone has that deep of pockets to race bitd Racing should be about skill and driver. Not money . Why would a worcs guy cross over when he can race the whole season for what 1 bitd race cost. Makes no sense in my eyes. I hope it happens tho. I will go watch. Permits and what not cost money I know but still
A lot of the entry costs of best in the desert is land use fee's. There is also a pay back, which you dont see at worcs. Also once you have particapated in a BITD race you would probably agree that it is on a wayyyy different level than WORC's....Its more of the "Big Show"

I agree with the 850 and down class. There are alot of teryx, rhino, and RZR owners that I would think would be interested.The begining of the season is upon us, it might be tough to get a comitment this year, but Id bet to get it for next year would be very do able.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I say keep it at 800cc. This will help keep the costs down in the class plus make the rhino more competitive in the class. There are tons of rhinos out there that could be brought back out. I think most of us all started in a rhino.

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I'm in a 840 Teryx and I can't keep up with the 900s and 1000s. I'd like to see the 850 and under class

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
I've co drove in Parker before its a big show . But I'm too cheap to pay that kind of money :D. They should give first time racers a better deal to get them hook
Cause after we when and raced ect.. I could have made almost two house payments. So that what made us not wanna do it. I had fun don't get me wrong The cost per fun factor doesn't add up in my book 850class would bring back all the old units tho for sure the die hard guys

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Any updates on this class? Cory did eight people step up and will there be an 800 class at Parker?

Dec 20, 2011
No, there were not enough teams to make the class for 2013. The plan is for the 800cc and under UTVs to race in the sportsman UTV class (they can always race the Pro class if the choose) The UTVRA will collect $100 at tech, for a prize fund, from the teams that want to particpate. If there are 5 or less, than only 1st and 2nd will be paid out, 6 thru 10 entrees than 1,2,3 will be paid 10 or more 1,2,3,4,5 will be paid. The UTVRA will also have a trophy for the class at the awards. So to sum it up, for 2013 the goal is to develop the class, so that in 2014 we can make it a pro class. By entering the sportsman class and particpating in the prize fund, teams will pay less than the pro class. There will be no points money at the end of the year, but we will name a champion by the best finishing record for the season and a trophy will be giving out to that team. Plz contact me if you plan on racing the 800cc and under program.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
That will definatly get the class going. I would think that next year there would be plenty of enteries.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
No, there were not enough teams to make the class for 2013. The plan is for the 800cc and under UTVs to race in the sportsman UTV class (they can always race the Pro class if the choose) The UTVRA will collect $100 at tech, for a prize fund, from the teams that want to particpate. If there are 5 or less, than only 1st and 2nd will be paid out, 6 thru 10 entrees than 1,2,3 will be paid 10 or more 1,2,3,4,5 will be paid. The UTVRA will also have a trophy for the class at the awards. So to sum it up, for 2013 the goal is to develop the class, so that in 2014 we can make it a pro class. By entering the sportsman class and particpating in the prize fund, teams will pay less than the pro class. There will be no points money at the end of the year, but we will name a champion by the best finishing record for the season and a trophy will be giving out to that team. Plz contact me if you plan on racing the 800cc and under program.
Good idea Corry!! That should workout good! Thanks for your support and willingness to acomidate our needs! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000