New BITD UTV class for 2013

Dec 20, 2011
During the 2012 season a few UTV racers asked me to develop a "800cc" and under UTV Pro class. I need 7 UTV race teams to commit to racing the 2013 BITD series, to create this class. The rules will be the same as the current Pro UTV class with the exception of the engine size. If you are interested in racing in this class please e-mail or call me [email protected] 602-769-6164 thank you Corey S

Steve (CTF)

Mar 8, 2012
I'm in on a 800 under class. and i've heard some of those that race sportsman might be to. come on people call Corey and lets make a class. cause like a few others i cant afford a new xp or can-am either.

FABWERX1

May 31, 2011
I think it would be great to see it happen but, as a outsider looking in it seem like a bad idea.
only reason I say that is, because from what I've read. and seen all over the forums. Is UTV's. have always been getting a bad wrap for being to slow in the desert and causing safety issues. And I believed. that back in the early days with rhinos . But now its a whole different game with all the potential of the new fast xp's and can-ams . Finally getting the respect that has taken so long to achieve.
But reverting back to a smaller ,slower class is not a good idea unless they didn't have to compete with full size race vehicles.
As good as it would be for the UTV industry , I think it would cause more harm than good to the sport .

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
I think it would be great to see it happen but, as a outsider looking in it seem like a bad idea.
only reason I say that is, because from what I've read. and seen all over the forums. Is UTV's. have always been getting a bad wrap for being to slow in the desert and causing safety issues. And I believed. that back in the early days with rhinos . But now its a whole different game with all the potential of the new fast xp's and can-ams . Finally getting the respect that has taken so long to achieve.
But reverting back to a smaller ,slower class is not a good idea unless they didn't have to compete with full size race vehicles.
As good as it would be for the UTV industry , I think it would cause more harm than good to the sport .
We already have 800cc cars racing now. Trying to get the respect we deserve isn't going to happen we will always be "golf cart racers".:)

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I think this would be good for the guy that spent $30.000.00 on his Yamaha,Kawasaki,Can-Am, Arctic Cat or Polaris to come out and race on a budget. These guys may be in the way on the race course and could slow others down during the race. Don't forget how much it costs just to race BITD!

I think this could work and may be good for some racers!

How about Racing the MINT 400???

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Make it an 840 and below class for the 'slight' big bore rzr s and teryx to still fit in.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
man this makes me so pissed because I just got rid of my rhino which we raced the silverstate 300 in and had a great flawless race but just couldnt keep up with the rzrs of course:mad:

Dec 20, 2011
Sure we can make it 840cc. Right now I have not recieved any e-mails from teams willing to commit.
I have been desert racing since the early 70s and have raced in many differant classes. When it comes to "respect" the UTVs recieve the same respect that all other classes recieve. UTVs are treated the same as all other classes, we get are pictures taken and posted, we have web sites that post our stories, we get awards, we have vendors at contingency, other classes stop to help us when we break down on the course, we have product and money sponsorship, heck we even have factory sponsorship that the other classes dont have, etc....... Belive me when I say there is no more respect to give in desert racing. If you are wanting something more than maybe this is not the sport for you. As far as us being a slower class, in desert racing there will always be slower classes in front of faster classes, it is inherent to our sport. It is the reasponsiblity of all desert racers to "respect" the slower guys and pass them safetly. If we cant do this than our sport is not sustainable. Accidents will happen, read the disclaimer, "desert racing is very dangerous you can and may die partisipating in the sport. I dont know that there is a more dangerous motorsport out there. If you are not comfortable with this risk than maybe this sport is not for you. UTV have been desert racing for 7 years and we have a pretty clean safety record, so I would say that our policies and procedures are working. It would be a nice change to see some positive posts on the internet!

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
If it could be bumped to 840 for my Teryx to run it I'd probably make the long haul for a race next week

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000