450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Reactions: crazywatson

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Brandon Sims is competing at the highest level on a couple year old car with a good cage added and bolt on aftermarket suspension. The 80k builds are bitchen but setup,prep, team, and driving ability win desert races. This class is great for entry level but the speeds on stock a arms, ball joints, etc are going to be slow.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Brandon Sims is competing at the highest level on a couple year old car with a good cage added and bolt on aftermarket suspension. The 80k builds are bitchen but setup,prep, team, and driving ability win desert races. This class is great for entry level but the speeds on stock a arms, ball joints, etc are going to be slow.
And dangerous. I wouldnt run a desert race car on an OEM fuel tank/system either.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
And dangerous. I wouldnt run a desert race car on an OEM fuel tank/system either.
KOH is run with stock tanks.....genuinely curious why you feel it's unsafe? A fuel cell isn't that difficult, I put one in my bed last year for V2R with minimal fab....so it's def doable on a budget.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
KOH is run with stock tanks.....genuinely curious why you feel it's unsafe? A fuel cell isn't that difficult, I put one in my bed last year for V2R with minimal fab....so it's def doable on a budget.
A tangle with a larger vehicle that could crush the surrounding frame structure is my main concern. Then there's the lack of quality clamps and fittings that come on the stock vehicles. Remember when that one manufacturers feed lines were breaking off at the rail?

dezertracer

May 22, 2016
I'm interested in running it. The rules definitely need to be a little more clear. I'm going to race pro n/a next year with stock suspension but ill be legal with my low budget garage build.

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
I e-mailed Cary Sappington with a few questions and got this response.
"This is an open sportsman class. The intent of this class is to allow people to race their UTVs that are not fully built desert UTVs."
"no this class will not be available at all BITD races. All driver/codriver safety gear is all the same for all the classes"

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I e-mailed Cary Sappington with a few questions and got this response.
"This is an open sportsman class. The intent of this class is to allow people to race their UTVs that are not fully built desert UTVs."
"no this class will not be available at all BITD races. All driver/codriver safety gear is all the same for all the classes"
Looks like I will be competing for the 2018 Sportsman Championship !!!

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
So talking to Cory the rules are open in that as long as the rules listed on the BITD site for the Stock Sportsman are met, anything goes. So essentially you can have a fully built race car and compete in this class. At least for now.

The class will only be run at events where cars and trucks are NOT running hence the lower safety standard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000