NEW 2011 Polaris UTV Lineup!!!! UTVUnderground EXCLUSIVE

Farmerdill

Jul 7, 2010
hopefully they realease something soon with a bigger engine,our family is ready to pull the trigger on two more rzr's,we really love the ones we have, just itching for some more get up and go.
We're in the same boat dude. My wife wants one and I pretty sure that I'm ready to hang my YFZ out to dry. . . . . maybe.

I don't give CHIT about keeping up with the neighbor, I just want reliable power and torque.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
yeah, subtle but solid. Better Head Lights which they needed, better fuel economy which was important, added styling, and a couple more models. Unfortunatley I think some people on other sites just got poeple too amped up with their outlandish rumors of huge engines and chassis changes. Polaris has a good solid foundation with the RZR and RZR4 not to mention the Ranger Lineup. For them to chop that buisness off and offer a big huge engine and different chassis is sort of like cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Like everyone else I would love to see a larger engine but to cause a ruckus and get people all excited by saying their is a 1150cc engine coming and this and that it really only hurts the RZR enthsiasts who start to get their hopes up. Now the release can look like a let down when in reality Polaris has made some really solid changes and upgrades.

I only bring these points up cause I have been reading the rzr specific forums today and for the last month and you can see how these rumors did nothing but let people down. Guys pretending they have all this inside knowledge boosting the hopes of consumers. Now they see the release today and all they can say is how Polaris is going to lose ot can am now and that the release is a let down.....NO its NOT! Polaris made HUGE additions to the line. Be happy, there is always next year!!!!

Friedman72

Apr 28, 2010
yeah, subtle but solid. Better Head Lights which they needed, better fuel economy which was important, added styling, and a couple more models. Unfortunatley I think some people on other sites just got poeple too amped up with their outlandish rumors of huge engines and chassis changes. Polaris has a good solid foundation with the RZR and RZR4 not to mention the Ranger Lineup. For them to chop that buisness off and offer a big huge engine and different chassis is sort of like cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Like everyone else I would love to see a larger engine but to cause a ruckus and get people all excited by saying their is a 1150cc engine coming and this and that it really only hurts the RZR enthsiasts who start to get their hopes up. Now the release can look like a let down when in reality Polaris has made some really solid changes and upgrades.

I only bring these points up cause I have been reading the rzr specific forums today and for the last month and you can see how these rumors did nothing but let people down. Guys pretending they have all this inside knowledge boosting the hopes of consumers. Now they see the release today and all they can say is how Polaris is going to lose ot can am now and that the release is a let down.....NO its NOT! Polaris made HUGE additions to the line. Be happy, there is always next year!!!!
Well said! Im also confused about how anyone can be upset about NOT getting kicked in the nuts when it comes to resale... an 1150 cc motor is sweet but would kill the 800's resale IMHO...

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
yeah thats a good point too. The 800 is a good motor I believe. Like anything their could be improvements but the thing makes great power for what it is. And I am not trying to knock anyone person. Frank aka FJK is a great guy, why he posted that crazy rumor and kept that thread going about 4 frame options and a 1150cc engine is beyond me. I get the whole I wanna be the first to have the info out, I am in the buisness of trying to be the first, I get it. But I want to be the first with the RIGHT info, from the source. Reality is if I was polaris I would be bummed at that guy and that thread. It didnt do anything for Polaris in terms of positive hype. It reads as all negative.

Run it down here as far as what polaris did for 2011:

Increased Cargo
Better Fuel Economy
Better Lighting
Better convinience in the side nets
Better Accesories in the lock and go storage, LED bars, Roofs, Bumpers, Sliders, etc..
New Styling in the plastics that increased cooling yet still didnt completely outdate 2010 and older models
new wheel and tire combos
new shock option
Electronic Power Steering!
Better throttle control
base model RZR-S which benefits the guy who wants to trick his car ot the way he wants without feeling like he isting money he already spent

The list goes on and on and on. So what, we didnt get to see the 850cc yet, or a V8. The thing is FAST, I had a smile glued to my face the whole time I was driving the RZR. I keep telling guys, if you want to drag race all day, put a turbo on it and call it a day!

TREVORMEZZ

Jul 26, 2010
I THINK POLARIS DID THE SMART THING IN 2011.
WHY RE INVENT THE WHEEL WHEN YOU DONT NEED TO. THERE SALES ARE UP 46% WHILE ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE IS DOWN, THE RZR IS A GREAT RELIABLE MACHINE. THE CREATED A BUNCH ON NEW PRICE POINT MACHINES, FOR THIS PRICE POINT ECONOMY. YEA THEY NEED TO GET MORE OUT OF THE MOTOR SO THEY CAN BEAT THE OTHERS AFTER ALL THE MODS. STOCK TO STOCK POLARIS DOMINATES. I LIKE THE CHEAPER VERSION OF THE S GREAT IDEA, AND DIESEL RANGER IS A DEFINITE HIT. KUBOTA OWNS THAT MARKET AND POLARIS NEEDED TO GET A PIECE OF THAT. BUT AS YOU GUYS KNOW POLARIS BUILD PRODUCT 4 YEARS AHEAD OF WHEN IT COMES OUT SO YOU KNOW THEY ARE GETTING SOMETHING READY FOR A BIG MOTOR SO THEY CAN BE ON TOP IN ALL CATEGORIES AGAIN. SOUNDS LIKE IT NEEDS TO BE 86HP TO GET ON TOP AND THE 850 IS AT 71HP SO THEY ARE CLOSE. BUT IM PUMPED FOR THE NEW MODELS, AND PUMPED FOR ALL THE COOL STUFF YOU AFTERMARKET GUYS ARE GOING TO MAKE FOR THEM. SKYS THE LIMIT JUST KEEP THE NEW IDEAS COMING AND WE WILL KEEP BUYING!!!

Free Agent

I had only 1 in Dog Beers
Jun 13, 2010
Like everyone else, we're re-examining the Can Am Commander, and our cash will sit in our savings account for now.

The new Rzr styling is appalling, and evidently the airbox issues haven't been addressed.
Note all the videos avoid showing the driver side rear of the 2011 to avoid showing the old style airbox.

The 2011 Rzr:

Free Agent

I had only 1 in Dog Beers
Jun 13, 2010
Well said! Im also confused about how anyone can be upset about NOT getting kicked in the nuts when it comes to resale... an 1150 cc motor is sweet but would kill the 800's resale IMHO...
The Can Am Commander already did that.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
NEW 2011 Polaris UTV Lineup!!!! UTVUnderground EXCLUSIVE
Am I missing something or is this the same 2011 lineup that was up on the Polaris site hours before the underground? I stayed up waiting for the new bad ass model only to read it and was like WTF? I guess with all the rumors of bigger engines and stronger frames I was disappointed. I have been wanting to sale the Teryx and get a RZR-S but we all know they will put a larger motor in them at some point so I guess Im not getting a 2011.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Am I missing something or is this the same 2011 lineup that was up on the Polaris site hours before the underground? I stayed up waiting for the new bad ass model only to read it and was like WTF? I guess with all the rumors of bigger engines and stronger frames I was disappointed. I have been wanting to sale the Teryx and get a RZR-S but we all know they will put a larger motor in them at some point so I guess Im not getting a 2011.

I guess with all the rumors of bigger engines and stronger frames I was disappointed

Rumors can do more harm then good.

Farmerdill

Jul 7, 2010
I know that I got all ramped up from the rumors.

If you think about, Yamaha is by far the most popular SXS out there. And since it's original introduction, how many changes have we seen? They changed out the 660 for a 700 efi, but it didn't happen overnight.

I'm sure Polaris will develop upgrades, . . . it just isn't going to happen on out time frames.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
True that! Keep in mind the changes that did happen this year. Yamaha people would be going NUTS if Yamaha made as many changes to their lineup. Well I take that back, at this point if Yamaha didnt have a new motor to introduce people may commit suicide...hahaha

directdrive

For The Race
Dec 13, 2009
Even some of our local dealers were saying that polaris already had a rzr with a bigger better engine ready to roll,so we were definately expecting more.alot of people say just bolt up a turbo, but it would be nice to have another 20-25 hp to the tires with a stock engine,especially for the sand.some people are comfortable with the power adder stuff but alot of people want the percieved reliability of stock.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Even some of our local dealers were saying that polaris already had a rzr with a bigger better engine ready to roll,so we were definately expecting more.alot of people say just bolt up a turbo, but it would be nice to have another 20-25 hp to the tires with a stock engine,especially for the sand.some people are comfortable with the power adder stuff but alot of people want the percieved reliability of stock.

great point!!!

GIFF-TURBO RZR

Apr 23, 2010
Disappointment…. What are we a bunch of children who just found out there is no Easter Bunny? Is this some kind of joke…..LoL anyone with the recourses to buy a toy like the RZR and log onto the internet should be able to manage their emotions enough to remember it’s not over until the fat lady sings…………..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000