Polaris Need pix of RZR XP with flares cut off

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I want to cut off the rear flare/fenders from my XP. I have searched online to find some pix of different cut styles people have done and am surprised to only find one guy that has posted pix of his so far. For my riding style they are not needed and will actually cause issues in the rocks so they gotta go. Fronts will be replaced with the 50" RZR flat trim pieces. So if anyone has pix, post them up.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Nice find...I had actually commented on that one... i have found three now...all cut nearly the same. Think I will try something slightly different.. If it looks like a turd I will keep on trimming.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
You mean the entire 50" bed? The rear of the XP is molded...fronts I can put on the 50" trims however.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Jason here is a couple of a XP I built when i was @ Benchmark, This Customer trimed the rears and sanded them down, then just added the front trim kit from Polaris. Looks Sick !

We also added wheel spacers. thats why it looks a little wider.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Thanks Steven...thats one of the three I found...he left about 1" of lip it looks like...thats similar to the direction I am going. Really surprised how few have trimmed the rear down on XPs to lose those wings.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky

looks like they took the whole 50" bedside..... depending on how you might do your cage, maybe incorporate a custom made bed....

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Thats killer...I heard of this being done but this is the first pic

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Thanks Steven...thats one of the three I found...he left about 1" of lip it looks like...thats similar to the direction I am going. Really surprised how few have trimmed the rear down on XPs to lose those wings.
I hear ya, it looks killer. I am worried about how much debri / mud will be all over the pace with them trimed back like that

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Holz has a build thread on their BITD car.... A lot of people asked about their bedsides..... I think it looks factory, guess what, it is.... they said they used the 50" bedsides with 50" flares.... looks like it fits like a glove, little bit shorter too... there are a lot more pics on their build thread

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Exactly what I am looking for...have any front trims you want to sell.... Looks great guys.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Kevin...looks like we do the same type riding. I like to crawl as well as cut new trails in Ocotillo and Truckhaven...lots of laying on the side or dam near. On my S the flares didn't make it the first weekend. Best cheap upgrade I did was swap out to the 50" flares. Your ride looks great.

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
Kevin...looks like we do the same type riding. I like to crawl as well as cut new trails in Ocotillo and Truckhaven...lots of laying on the side or dam near. On my S the flares didn't make it the first weekend. Best cheap upgrade I did was swap out to the 50" flares. Your ride looks great.
I'm suprised we have not bumped in to each other out there. I love to make new trails out of notches on the south end of O.W. We will have to hook up sometime, as most of my buddies just watch me cause they dont want to scratch their ride, lol! Mine is on its side or all the way over, it seems like once a trip. Prez weekend it went over 3 times in one night!:D All of it is slow, so I have never bent anything, just some plastic damage.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
fyi, i think i ordered front 50" flares direct form chaparal for about 20-25 each, thought that was pretty cheap for new....

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
I'm suprised we have not bumped in to each other out there. I love to make new trails out of notches on the south end of O.W. We will have to hook up sometime, as most of my buddies just watch me cause they dont want to scratch their ride, lol! Mine is on its side or all the way over, it seems like once a trip. Prez weekend it went over 3 times in one night!:D All of it is slow, so I have never bent anything, just some plastic damage.
Love the notches...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000