my RZR1 build

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
do you guys have any idea how much more rotating mass those u-joint style shafts will add??

Looks good mikey.. ur almost there!

G-

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
do you guys have any idea how much more rotating mass those u-joint style shafts will add??

Looks good mikey.. ur almost there!

G-
There gonna send me an actual quote and I will find out. I needed the flange to flange dimensions first, they will give me estimated weight when they figure it all up. They like to do double boots and heat sinks for dezert racing. I dont think the heat sinks will fit between the arms though.

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco
Check out driveshaftsuperstore.com They have one good for 200 hp for 550$ per pair and another good for more power for 650$.
I am currently running these axles on my R1 rhino. Things to think about, they are pretty heavy, I have snapped the yoke on one side (supposedly rated for 500 hp) I have since upgraded both yokes to a forged steel one (about $150.00 per side after they rebalance the axles) and the best for last. The degrees.... the side at the gearbox will get around 38*, but the side at the wheel is around 23-24*, so beware sometimes the sales pitch is just that, see for yourself before you purchase them. I am not totally unhappy, they have worked for me for the most part, but I will probably be going with cv's and summers bros. soon. I am not getting any real advantage currently as far as angle and I am having to spin quite a bit more weight. Oh yeah and when I sent the axles back to get repaired it took almost 4 weeks for me to get them back, and that was after about 8-10 phone calls.

Not bashing, just sharing my experience

Mike V.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Great info, why does one side have less angle? You stopped me in my tracks. Back to 930 then!!

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco
Great info, why does one side have less angle? You stopped me in my tracks. Back to 930 then!!
Not sure, the yoke flange binds on the axle shaft when the wheel rotates. And I thought it was really strange too that one side had less angle capabilities, they should be the same so the move / travel together throughout the suspension cucle. It might just be the ones coming from this shop, the pictures you posted are different axles than the ones I have. My only suggestion is to check the degrees for yourself.

Mike

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i setup the other limit strap today, cut the rear gusset plate in half and clearanced it for the chain. i still have to cap the ends and gusset it for strength.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
there goes your warranty on that gusset plate!! hahaha.. just playin!

G-

roostingrhino

Roost That Rhino - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 21, 2009
looks good man almost time to drive that kawiyamyrzr... are you going to be racing in the sr1 class with the rhinos does this car meet the specs? or is this just a dune toy?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well i drove the car today around the block.

friggin fast when you forget to put the bolts in the brake master cylinder to frame. haha i had just enough brake to slow down for a stop sign. after that i said eff it and hammered through the gears till the next sign where i was able to down shift and slow down. my neighbor must hate me.

so no major issues but the pedals and steering wheel are too far off center to be comfortable. so i pulled it on the garage and cut the rest of the stock dash that held the steering column. i am going to cut and lengthen the steering shaft to move the steering center and closer to the seat. then ground the tacks off the pedal placement and working on moving them over.

damn its been about 3 hours since i drove it and i still have wood.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I've learned a rear drivers side wheel and tire combo are mandatory as well.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
One last tidbit.

Chicks love Racers.... So you should race it.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
saturdays update

cut and lenghtened the steering column 3 1/2".

added a Willwood proportioning valve to the front brakes and mounted it behind the front shock tower.

moved the steering wheel mount over 5" and got rid of the adjustable steering column.

todays update. made the dash and fuse panel area. i made all of the panels removable with dzus fastners. it will make it easier to wire. i have to make two bends on the panels at work tomorrow but will slap them in and button up the wiring.

i still have to

wrap my header with wrap

lower the hood

make rear panels

make interior panels

mount rear bumper

buy new rear fenders and cut them to fit. (i might just steal my wife's desert set of plastics from her rhino instead of buying Kawi fenders again.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000