my RZR1 build

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
made a few panels this weekend then ran out of aluminum. still need to make the bed cover, cooler rack and bead roll the panels. then i have to decide what colors.

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
No, But I'll start looking around for you. So you already have eveything for that motor ...correct? All you really need is the block? No throttle bodies, no wiring harness, no ECU, ect. ?? or are you looking for a entire new set up.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
a little more progress

i used two Rhino bed shocks as stabilizers for my lightbar actuator. they have play in them and while driving through rough terrain the lightbar will jiggle agound and the lights will vibrate.

also made a drivers side mirror holder.

then finished up my rear trunk to hold my cooler for frosty beverages.

Reactions: 1 person

andyallday

Oct 20, 2009
This thing is crazy. Where you planning on camping for presidents weekend? Id like to check this monster out. Aluminum work looks great!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
yes President day at Glamis should be camping at wash 4.5 from thursday evening to monday afternoon.

just got a parts motor friday night and put it together and installed it. now i have to ziptie the wiring and install the radiator. then i should be able to fire it up today. going to skip out of work this morning to finish it up. too excited to work all day today.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i finally got another used motor in 3 different ubs and had to assemble it. cylinders were ok but need new rings and a hone job, i will do this later just want to drive this mofo.

installed the motor and hooked up all of the wiring. and attempted to fire it up. had an issue getting fuel, so i took the injectors to a shop to have them checked out. all of the injectors were fine so i decided to check how much fuel i had in my fuel cell. well it was almost empty and i am a dumbass for not checking.

so now i turn on fuel pump and let it run for a minute then crank it over. VROOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!! she fired up and sounds smooth. effin amazing since it was my first ever motor i had completely apart and put back together myself.

had to fix a small fuel leak at one of the injectors. it was just an oring that needed to be replaced. also a small oil leak at the cover for the end of the crank, but the little bolt is behind a motor mount and i will need to remove it to tighten. i will do this later.

now that it ran i had to cut a hole in the motor cover for the airfilter and cut a hole for the 2" exhaust through the passenger side rear panel. got them trimmed and cleanned up then re-installed.

so excited i took it for a drive around the block. the clutch slipped badly and i had to go back to the garage and adjust it. crawled under the car and adjusted the clutch then back on the road.

damn thing is scary fast and you really notice how lumpy the dirt tires are while going 70mph on pavement.

proceeded to drive about 7 miles around the streets of Mesa then back to the garage with a huge smile on my face. it really has been a long time comming. i started this swap in late September.

dont worry i will post some video and pics tomorrow morning of a little road trip in the "only street legal RZR powered by a R1". haha stupid line but true.

thanks for all of the help and support everyone has given me through this swap. i already have a short list of things to change and a couple upgrades. plus making it look good with some beadrolling of the panels and some powdercoating.

BUT I AM GOING TO ENJOY IT AND MAKE IT PRETTY LATER!!!!!!! rough tough and dangerous is how i roll.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000