my RZR1 build

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well my motor is locked up and heading to Weller this afternoon to tear it down and see wtf.

i removed the motor from the car yesterday and pulled of all of the covers to see inside then flipped it on it back and removed the oil pan. i found some metal shavings in the bottom of the pan and the crank will not move.

so its off to the professionals today. who knows what it is but i will keep working on the interior panels and rear bumper just in case its something stupid and it gets done next week.

so as it sits i will not make it to another big holiday weekend in Glamis.:rm_thumbdown:

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
DAMN Mikey!! that sux! Sorry to hear that. That is the scary part about buying a used motor.. ya never know what your actually getting. Sux man.

G-

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Ohhhh...no way!!! That totally sucks!!! We have bought 3 used motors and have never had an issue with any of them (knock on wood).....sometimes I forget it can be a risky endeavor!!

Mike, hopefully it's something easy.....you need something to go easy with this build!!

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
You never turned that thing over did you? Sounds like the seller needs to cough up some dough?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
You never turned that thing over did you? Sounds like the seller needs to cough up some dough?
no the weird thing is i fired it up quite a few times and let it idle. and i drove it around the neighbor hood 1 week ago. parked it and then went to fire it up again and she was locked up. i dunno what happened.

this will be the first turkey day in Glamis i will miss since i started going to G 10 years ago. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and NO i dont want to go and putt around in the Rhino. it just would not be fun without my 100cc motor.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Yeah, if you can find one from the same year, it'll drop right in!! Then you can get this one fixed and sell it, recoup your losses. Or keep it for a spare!!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah, if you can find one from the same year, it'll drop right in!! Then you can get this one fixed and sell it, recoup your losses. Or keep it for a spare!!
The spare motor idea used to work with me but I got tired of swapping them when the fast one was fixed. I would have the Wellers check it out see whats damaged and rebuild with all of the bad boy parts you can buy and make the bottom end bullet proof and go from there. Im sure you can also buy some bad ass pistons to while your at it. Just spend the money on a bullet proof motor and be done with it.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
here are a few picture updates from the last couple of weeks. i set the rear fenders and old hood on to get an idea how i want to mount them. the rear fenders are going to be wider than the dirt tires due to my 12" wide rear paddle tires for the sand.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i made my own custom wheel this weekend. had some extra billet centers from my OMF race wheels so i decided to cut my sand wheels and get a little more back spacing while i was at it. total of 5/8" more back spaced than what i had at each wheel.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000