My Prerunner Duramax

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
This is my 01 Duramax that I decided to install fiberglass fenders and build a mild long travel kit for it. I am running FOA coilovers the front and smooth bodies on the rear. 37 inch tires with 17 inch ultra wheels. I build the front bumper like a TT bumper. Still working on the rear bumper. Next mod will be c notching rear frame and four linking with airbags.

Attachments

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
looks killer, are you still using the stock spindle? i recently did the similar move with my 03. i still have yet to build a front bumper . and that picture was from bonneville, driving my truck on salt wasnt such a good idea!

Attachments

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
love it. i have a 06 4wd with a huge lift and 40 inch tires that i am so tired of. i want to either do a long travel or a solid axle swap. i want to run 37s and stuff them in some glass fenders to get it as low as possible. did you fab your arms? i have talked to a few long travel builders and everyone says longtravel and a 2500 doesn't mix. i want to disagree but who knows. i say as long as your not killing the whoops are jumping it daily you should be ok. i can't wait to see more pics.

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
I will try and get some more pics up soon. Just been super busy with other jobs. I did most of the work to have a nice soft ride on the road. I do go out to dirt but not to hammer on it. I built the arms and can make more if needed.

tarmacblack

Dec 6, 2009
Shawn any luck with new photos? Would you mind sharing valving/spring rate specs?

I know this post is going on a year since updated, but I'm super curious.

Thanks!

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000