Yamaha MY FIRST CAGE BUILD

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Well as some know I have been trying to work on my Dads rhino for the last couple of months and thing just got crazy for me. I finally got some stuff done to it so i fig I would share and i am open to some more ideas to make this ride some diff than the norm. Let me know what you guys think

I cut the seats down 4" also moved them out and moved the steering over and changed the angle of the steering .column. He is running the plus 2 TS seats so we had to blow the B post out quite a bit. Plan on doin sucide doors and stock rear fenders but the wheels will cycle right behind them so know more rubbing, A fiberglass full bore look a like front hood ( Thanks Bruce ) fuel cell in the bed area which I will be making a alum bed for the cell and cooler

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Looks good. Is that in your garage? I need a huge shop like that. Keep is updated with pictures.

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Chit man I wish that was my garage...It is the shop where I workIm lucky and can come and go as needed. I will post up some more pics as time goes,I want to get it rolling for the season and finish it in the summer time but time will tell

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Thanks Joey this def something diff for me but fun, I have enjoyed workin with my dad on this. I going to try to make this a bolt on cage and go wth the A post in the front thru the dash.....that should be fun:D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
well your doin a hell of a job! I am sure your pops will be stoked! What are you guys doing for doors...I know your dad is a big guy, I doubt he wants to be climbing in! LOL It was comedy watching my dad climb into my rhino.....hahahahah

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
going to roll a sucide door set up with a pull pin to keep it from flyin open and he can take the door off when he loads in up in his W.W ! Well that is the direction we are headed now it is to the point of talk is cheap and i have to make it happ

Last edited:

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
me on down man ! lol hey does anyone know where I can get some bead rollin done for cheap so when I finally get the tins done I can get that done. Or where can I find a roller for half way cheap and I will do it myself ? thanks in advance

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
WOW looks great. Cant wait to see it finished.
Thanks Bobby I have been having alot fun with this build and cant wait to do more.... mine is next lol

Harbor Frieght sells a cheap bead roller I think JR? If not I am sure you can get someone to bust it out...maybe not cheap but I bet Paul at ZT could throw down on some bead rolling!!!!
I will have to check harbor frieght and see what they have...I really dont want to spend money on someone else doing it if I can buy a roller a learn how to do it myself for the same price. Anyone know what to look for when buying one and the dies needed to make it happ ?

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
looks good man :D i got my bead roller at harbor freight and it works ok
OK as in it works for a starter tool or its chit and go buy something else, What did it set you back ? Any idea what would work better and not brake the bank also pros and cons of diff type of rollers ?

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Thanks Alan I think that I'm going to get one of the 12" ones. Hell 2 bills is cheaper than paying someone to do it for me plus I want to finish the project without to much outside help !

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
OK as in it works for a starter tool or its chit and go buy something else, What did it set you back ? Any idea what would work better and not brake the bank also pros and cons of diff type of rollers ?
i think i paid around a 100 bucks and all i had to do was sand the edges of the dies down , ive done about 6 rhinos with it so far :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000