my bran new tow rig

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
I picked up a 2012 6.7 F450 King Ranch 4x4 and that thing is the best Pulling Truck Ive ever owned PERIOD. and I have owned hundreds of trucks since Im in the Wholesale Truck and Rv Biz , Towing over 22k trailers up hill at 70mph is awesome and it gets about 7.5 with that big Stuff , Running it fast to. 30' toyhaulers I get around 11 to 12.
The F450 has 4.30 gears so its always in the Higher RPM which is Great for Pulling heavy. But not MPGs.
Yeah doesn't sound like much better on gas than what I got, I've seen 7.5 w/6.4. I limp on the way to glamis in the slow lane w/flashers on a 35 6% grades.

Where is a good dealer, low sales tax?

I talked to one guy who had a 12, larger exhaust, no cleaning crap, said he dynoed at 1100.

That stock torque awesome! 70 uphill I'll take it! Speed limits only 55 eeeeek!

Anyone want to buy my 08? :D

I got a King too here goes another $70,000.....

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Opps brain fart, your right Dave 6.4. What is DEF? Man may be time to trade up now that my house in KS finally sold for only a $30K loss. :mad:

Does it help sales tax if I buy in a certain county around here?

DEF is the diesel exhaust fluid required in a separate tank. Its to keep within the emissions law for diesels. I thought the 6.4 needed this too? Terry, it's time to upgrade :)

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah doesn't sound like much better on gas than what I got, I've seen 7.5 w/6.4. I limp on the way to glamis in the slow lane w/flashers on a 35 6% grades.

Where is a good dealer, low sales tax?

I talked to one guy who had a 12, larger exhaust, no cleaning crap, said he dynoed at 1100.

That stock torque awesome! 70 uphill I'll take it! Speed limits only 55 eeeeek!

Anyone want to buy my 08? :D

I got a King too here goes another $70,000.....

I was Pulling a 38 sierra empty last week and Pulled the Chiriaco summit at the very top on the Speed limiter at 95mph . Not many cops Running Radar up hill.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I will stick with the King Rancher, I love the Cowboy Leather interiors. I dont see much to justify the Platinum for me.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
It's still leather but a more refined interior and exterior, Ford Execs I read went to the unveiling in cowboy hats and boots, it's still very country and is "standard" now on the King. Just talked to a dealer they are confused too it's so new. Got em looking for a 12 for me in black, hard to find, be late in the year for a 13 order.

What amazes me about car dealers is most of the time they sit around lots BSing and when I need answers most don't have a clue! Few months ago I called on in National City, Perry, told em I was looking for a black 2012 never called me back.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Car dealers crack me up. When I shopped for my SD 6.7, I knew more about the dam truck than they did. I knew more about their competitor trucks than they did. Geeze. I could probably sell a crap load of trucks. I think I just found my weekend job.....

The sales guy didn't even seem concerned there were flames shooting out of my ass....... ;)

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
That's good to know. I figured about 1800, so I stand corrected
He might said 1800 my memory is bad, that or 1600, all I know is less than 2000 like mine which is good more tq at lower RPM.

Tomorrow going to call corporate ask where I find a dealer worth dealing with. Two by me worthless, one found two trucks but I asked for a photo of the actual truck and he won't get it on a dealer trade....so going to try and see how I find where two trucks are and deal with the dealer that has them on the lot.

Reminds me how much I HATE this crap!!! :mad::D

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
I found 3 black trucks in Woodlawn Hills, around 30 miles east of 405/101. I was going to head to Glamis but think I’ll head up there. Is Frazier about 70 miles closet place for me to go ride Sat/Sun?

This dealer said the 800 tq is @1600 rpm, max 400hp @ 2800 rpm. He’s checking with management see if I can do a pull test drive, all works out might be heading home with her…I’ll be doing 95 down 405. :D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I found 3 black trucks in Woodlawn Hills, around 30 miles east of 405/101. I was going to head to Glamis but think I’ll head up there. Is Frazier about 70 miles closet place for me to go ride Sat/Sun?

This dealer said the 800 tq is @1600 rpm, max 400hp @ 2800 rpm. He’s checking with management see if I can do a pull test drive, all works out might be heading home with her…I’ll be doing 95 down 405. :D
Terry, you don't need no stinking pull test. The 6.7 is a pulling beast!! Trust me!! Don't go riding in Frazier. The gates are all closed until may. You should go to Gorman. It's all open and has tons of trails and riding. There's also a 4 wheel park to play in.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Terry, you don't need no stinking pull test. The 6.7 is a pulling beast!! Trust me!! Don't go riding in Frazier. The gates are all closed until may. You should go to Gorman. It's all open and has tons of trails and riding. There's also a 4 wheel park to play in.
Thanks for the help Dave, I'd been lost without you. Dealer by there offered me $8,000 less than NADA on my truck - ah the games they play, I figure they have three 450's on the lot don't want a used one with 61K on it so heading to Glamis. :D

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
not to mention i had to promice the wife that i would not buy another truck for ten years....lol.
Yeah, I had a 00 F-250 7.3, bullet proof, sold it and got a 12 F-250, love it, pulls well, have over 5000 miles of towing, and I am hooked.

Told the wife the same thing, no more trucks for 10 years..........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000