Motorswap UTV's race

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
How many guys would like the chance to race their highly modified UTV's? I am trying to get M4SX to allow an OPEN class. Alot of you guys are running
R1, RC51, Rotax, VW and ??????

If you are interested in racing class and have a car that meets the saftey rules then please reply to this thread.

Please pass this info throughout the UTV community.

See you at the M4SX race this weekend.

Rusty
UTVUNDERGROUND

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
thanks for posting this Rusty!! We know Mike (cls78) intends on showing up with his R1 powered Rhino. Others have asked about it. The time has come to give these guys an unlimited class!!!

Rusty is trying to gather info for the guys at M4SX who have bassicly told him if there are enough guys that want to run these highly modified SXS's that they will create a class for them to run in!!!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I heard that Todd from C&C is putting an R1 in his old yellow 5C Rhino.

We need this class, I just hope theres enough racers that would commit to it.

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco
I plan on running, had a couple of small issues this weekend, but should be ready by Sat.

Thanks for the help with trying to get this class going.

Mike

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I think you just need a class for motors over 800cc unlimited now that Arctic cat and the tyrex motors will compete and Can Am will have a large displacement motor in theres too. and make the class open for any motor in any chassis .

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I am 110% for run what ya brung in all pro class'!

The only reason I never stepped up is because I thought it was f'in stupid to build $5000 time bombs every other race.

WE NEED THIS! :D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Bad news Mike....I guess M4SX said they will not allow any unlimited vehicles to run this race....I will PM you....bummer!! But I still think you should roll out and bring the car to show them how serious you and others are!!!!

Brian you comin out for M4SX?

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Bad news Mike....I guess M4SX said they will not allow any unlimited vehicles to run this race

you should roll out and bring the car to show them how serious you and others are!!!!
:(

Hopefully that changes in the near future.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Brian you comin out for M4SX?

I totally would if I could race.

Is Ken on these forums? WE NEED THIS M4SX! IMHO the pro class should be run what ya brung. With all the new contenders, tech and class structure is going to be a nightmare!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
with todays economic situation the promoter would have to be a retard not to consider something to get more racers and fans out to the track. The fans want something different to watch to.

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
I totally would if I could race.

Is Ken on these forums? WE NEED THIS M4SX! IMHO the pro class should be run what ya brung. With all the new contenders, tech and class structure is going to be a nightmare!

Run what ya brung ??? What makes it a UTV then ... What rules if any would you have.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This is good discussion and I think Ken and Travis both are reading this site often. There are going to be multiple opinions and all valid. If they do away with pro mod and mkae it unlimited then where do you draw the line and how do guys trying to build rhinos compete with a guy with a built R1? I think they should just create a SEPERATE class for fully modified / unlimited vehicles to compete and then allow guys like Bobby or chad or whoever to choose to run in Pro Mod or Unlimited... Either way I would love to see an unlimited class but I do not want to see racers in the Pro Mod class be forced back into Amature Mod to be more competitive.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The idea

The basic idea I am pitching is unlimited motor in a UTV platform. I think the car should retain the majority of the stock frame rails and pivot points. The vehicle will have to meet all saftey standards.

I am thinking something simular to the 1450 class but for UTV's.

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco
I agree with BOBONTHIS. Just because you have the power doesn't mean that you are automatically going to win. YOU STILL HAVE TO DRIVE!! And you still have to get the power to the ground, and you still have to have a solid shock pkg, and the car still has to hold up. Power will not automatically give you first place trophies at every race that you enter. I wish we could see how many other guys share the same view as BOB.
BOB, I know everyone has already told you, but that teryx you have is amazing..

I am not trying to pry my way into this series by any means, I just thought it would be fun to run the R1 on the shortcourses. Let's see what happens..
Again, thanks Rusty and Joey.

Mike V.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
my thoughts were to give rhinos that are already built another option besides dropping down to mod am. some people already sold the farm just to build there first cars. im fine with tube frame chassis'. same footprint as now, same amount of travel. ill end up with two rhino based cars that i already have with 1000cc v-twins, 1200 is the limit now in score or bitd forget which one. i wouldve loved to build a tube chassis to begin with, with stock rhino pivot points.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Hmm, 3 UTV classes?

1. Mod Am-existing rules plus but allow for any engine as long as it;
A. Production based engine (Rotax, Teryx, Brute, quad engines) No hybrids
B. Max 800cc, single or twin
C. Must retain CVT
D. Must retain 4WD
Would allow for someone upgrade the engine without selling the farm.

2. Pro Mod. Same as above except racing for $$$$.$$
Would allow for someone upgrade the engine without selling the farm.

3. Open UTV SXS-same safety rules as above
A. UTV based chassis, same suspension locations, mod allowed as required for drive type.
B. Any engine up to 1000cc? 1200cc?
C. Chain or shaft drive, no belt
D. Must be 2WD-no 4WD

Thats just off the top of my head but it could work, maybe.

The real problem is there is no production rule like with MX, UTV's are an odd class with manufacturers making them in different shapes & sizes and a rule book trying to include everyone. It was easier when there was only the Rhino.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
only problem is getting all organizations to adopt it. that seems to be the biggest hurdle. thats why the open class will be more easily accepted rather than change all existing classes. also im not opposed at all to allowing other utv engines in other chassis'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000