MORE's Sierra LED 250 night race, who's coming??

mojaveoffroad

Dec 31, 2015
The Sierra LED 250 night race in Barstow is less than a month away. Perkins, Staggs, and Hudson are coming who else is ready to give MORE a try?

2nd Annual TJ Craig Memorial Shootout: Class 9

$2000 Bonus from the Craig Family

$1000 Bonus from MORE

$1000 Bonus from Kartek

1st Annual Richard Dormack Memorial Shootout: Class 1400

$1000 Bonus from MORE

MORE Shootout Bonus for Class 5, Class 10, and Class 12

10 Entries in Class: $500 Bonus

15 Entries in Class: $1000 Bonus

20 Entries in Class: $2000 Bonus

$500 Class 10 Bonus from Fiber Care Baths

Sierra LED Most Dominant Driver Award

50" Dual Amber White LED Bar

GG Lighting 20" LED Lightbar to last official finisher in Class 10. (Must be present at the awards to receive!)

Fox UTV Championship Points Purse

Entry Form Membership Form Pit Crew Release Form Minor Release Form

Entry List Contingency Race Map Point Schedule Online Payments

Schedule of Events
Friday, July 15

• PreRun - 50 mph speed limit
  • Tech - 5 - 9pm Location: Start/Finish
  • Tech Vendors must contact MORE by June 24 to be put on the BLM Permit
Saturday, July 16

• Mandatory Drivers Meeting - 4 pm Start/Finish
  • Race Start - 5 pm
  • Race End-Midnight
Sunday, July 19

• Awards 9 am Start/Finish

Track Information

• USR File attached below (1 week before race day).
  • 38 mile loop (15+ miles of never before raced course)
  • Start/Finish Outlet Center Dr
  • 1 outlying pit MM 15 off Stoddard Wells Rd
  • Chase Crews can pit anywhere on the race course but must be a minimum of 150' off the race course
  • Classes 1, 6100, 10, 7200, 12, 1-2 1600, 5, - 6laps
  • Classes 5/1600, 1400, 1350, 3000 - 5 laps
  • Classes 9, 1900, 2000, 1300 - 4 laps
  • Classes 11, 3, - 3 laps
Important Announcements
  • No enclosed trailers or box vans in hot pits. Flatbed trailers allowed. (Pit Schematic Below)
  • All Pit Crew must wear Hi-Vis Fluorescent vests or shirts.
  • All race teams must have a Pit Boss
  • Pit Boss and Driver of Record must attend the drivers meeting.
  • Absorbent fuel/fluid containment must be used in pits. No fuel or oils should ever hit the ground.
  • 50mph speed limit in all pits
  • 50mph speed limit at road crossings
  • 15mph speed limit within 50' of people
  • All pit crew members must be banded.
  • For Emergency or notification: MORE relay is 151.715
  • All spectators must remain 150ft from the race course.
  • All pits must be a minimum of 100ft from the race course.
  • No alcohol in pits! Immediate DQ will result.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
One in the drawing and Staggs and one other planning to show. Any other cars coming??? Perkins? Bueller? Bueller???

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I am trying to make it our for Media. I submitted my application but I have not heard back from anyone.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
3 entered and 1 more supposedly showing. Great opportunity to race in Barstow on a course...

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
All done with tech , going to be a hot one and a rough one lol I Preran this morning

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Congrats Mr Staggs on the win! Gema said you were hauling tail and the car looked great when we saw you. Hopefully one day I'll get to race ours and we can play;). Thanks for the clutch tool, get it back to you this week.

Thanks to the guys at Suspended Fab for a great car! Sparks Racing for your help, clutching was awesome 170/180 avg belt temp in 100 degrees, roughest crap you'll ever see racing. Kurt at DC, VLSLLP.com, PCI for great support trackside and thanks to all our pit homies!

PS you guys should give MORE a shot. Wife said this course was rough and technical and way fun until we went out... "San Felipe/Mike's Sky Rancho/Urapahn/Parker 425 kinda rough and technical and we'll marked" is what her and her codog Nate both said. Not the same old Barstow...

Last edited:

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Congrats Mr Staggs on the win! Gema said you were hauling tail and the car looked great when we saw you. Hopefully one day I'll get to race ours and we can play;). Thanks for the clutch tool, get it back to you this week.

Thanks to the guys at Suspended Fab for a great car! Sparks Racing for your help, clutching was awesome 170/180 avg belt temp in 100 degrees, roughest crap you'll ever see racing. Kurt at DC, VLSLLP.com, PCI for great support trackside and thanks to all our pit homies!

PS you guys should give MORE a shot. Wife said this course was rough and technical and way fun until we went out... "San Felipe/Mike's Sky Rancho/Urapahn/Parker 425 kinda rough and technical and we'll marked" is what her and her codog Nate both said. Not the same old Barstow...
Thank you, it was a good time. A rough and challenging course, sorry about your luck and I hope you get that thing dialed soon. Hopefully rusty write up about the race on here will get some more people to come out to these races. Next time I'm going for that 9 car purse, I am just happy that we finally seem to have this car where is needs to be. If you can race and finish in Barstow , you can race anywhere right haha

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Congrats to Staggs and his Yamaha, cars is getting dialed. more cars should definitely come out and have fun on a real desert race course

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
ACME, sorry about your engine problems, you know I always got your back. You and Gema always put in a solid effort when it comes to racing, according to Dean, Gema was moving, of course until she was not.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Thanks Coco. She said the car was perfect and then it wasn't... I was looking forward to getting back in the seat and playing.

A little more tweaking and that Yammie is going to be a true contender. Jeremiah can drive and he showed awesome patience and restraint by not overdriving it out there. As both he and Gema said: "It wasn't a Blade In The Desert course"...

Hopefully a few others join the fray in MORE. Great course and markings and technical/quick per the wife. It was a bummer to have the other two not show but that's racing.

Viva Suspended Fab!

Reactions: staggs

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The course was crazy. I ran it Saturday around 3:30ish and I was blown away. This was a true desert course. MORE does a great job and I would love to see the UTV guys support it. The staff was great.

Reactions: staggs and acme

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I was out there pitting for my buddy racing Class 10. Great event and great course. I think once MORE consistently gets 6-8 entries per race, it will take off and could soon have 20 entries.

Reactions: acme and staggs

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I'm looking at getting back into desert racing. The MORE series looks to be convenient, fun, and slightly more affordable than the big 2...I really like powder puff event as so does the wife :) With that being said, I can't pull the trigger on a car, turbo, non turbo, Polaris, maybe Yamaha??? Seems like some dealers act like they have good deals, and then the "fees" come into play and I'm so pissed I leave the dealership...I was actually picking up a new trailer and Turbo RZR until the trailer didn't measure up. Boy am I glad I took the tape measure out... I was so bummed, I didn't even stop by the RZR, called them and said it's on the back burner for now...Trying to be patient is hard, family priorities are hard to justify the $$$ too, but I'm still trying to work it out.

Apr 7, 2014
apple valley, ca
Suspended Fabrication couldn't be more happy with how the race turned out. Staggs did and awesome job behind the wheel of his SF built YXZ1000. we went out there with one purpose and that was to test the car and make it to the finish, we did just that. I was lucky enough to be able to get back in the passenger seat with Staggs, that course was awesome it was exactly what we needed to test the car and put a beating on it. we ran a flawless race no flats no issues at all only had to take fuel and the team of Staggs Racing killed it on the pit stop. I would have to say I believe the car is exactly where we want it to be.

when can we start seeing some more people come out and race this series? Cody Jeffers and that rest of the M.O.R.E crew do an amazing job putting on these races I have been racing with them in multiple different classes over the years and they are yet to disappoint with the course lay out.

Also want to say thank you to ACME Racing for allowing us at Suspended Fabrication to be apart of your racing program we will get the bugs worked out of that car and go have some fun in the near future. I have two words Sparks Racing!!!!

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Been running MORE since the second race Jim put on way back when and it's come a long way. Having raced BITD, SCORE and Record the last few years I was hesitant to come back to Barstow as we'd been around the place so many times over the years racing it was like watching a toilet flush. Gema said Cody (MORE) laid out a course with stuff she'd never seen and it was perfect for the UTV and the markings were awesome. We wouldn't hesitate to come back as long as the car count is there.

A lot of people get caught up on racing a series and we were the same. Lots of good races out there that are fun if you look beyond racing for points or are hung up on following Polaris... Our favs, bucket list and great races to consider are: RECORD Ensenada to San Felipe, CODE Mexicali to San Felipe, MORE split loop December race, SNORE Caliente, anything in Parker, and of course the Baja 500, SF 250, B1k or anything in Baja for that matter and our bucket list event, the Norra 1000. Two others that would be killer UTV events similar to the UTVWC would be BAP and Rage at the River.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000