Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Re: Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy: FACTS

The output shaft of the motor sits forward in the passenger seat of the car. Motor Rotation is critical to the design. The output shaft is connected with custom u joints to drive the Primary. CVT is a custom 4 post Primary good for 450 HP, and Custom Driven. The Driven drives a one off FNR box we had designed. The same shaft drives our chain case, Just like a snow mobile. We have quick change gears in the Chain case, so we can adjust our gearing for each application. Now it gets tricky. We had to use a custom 50 MM gun drilled axle and develop a Key way and bearing to attach the lower cogs of the chain case to the axle. This axle is in line with the front and rear diff, we then attach the drive shafts to the axles. All Run in line, and we spin front and Rear Kawi Teryx Diffs at the same time. <O:p></O:p>
We start testing next week, and will have video up as soon as we can. The goal is to have built a Mini class 1 car with AWD. We will still be running in the SPTS UTV class, but a trying to beat the Class 1 cars on time, and the entire rest of the field. <O:p></O:p>
Showing that if you want to race at these speeds and class you don’t need to spend 150k-250k for a Class 1 car, nor 20k a race to run it. <O:p></O:p>
This car has little or no maintenance, and will be the ultimate in Price and Power. <O:p></O:p>
HOPE IT WORKS.<O:p></O:p>
And yes there is an alternator mounted to this transmission.<O:p></O:p>
Sorry but cannot provide any information on the motor. <O:p></O:p>
This is all new stuff we have been working on, and want to thank Kawasaki for the support.<O:p></O:p>
Todd<O:p></O:p>

:eek:

Gott hand it to you, your sure not afraid to try anything.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Re: Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy: FACTS

The output shaft of the motor sits forward in the passenger seat of the car. Motor Rotation is critical to the design. The output shaft is connected with custom u joints to drive the Primary. CVT is a custom 4 post Primary good for 450 HP, and Custom Driven. The Driven drives a one off FNR box we had designed. The same shaft drives our chain case, Just like a snow mobile. We have quick change gears in the Chain case, so we can adjust our gearing for each application. Now it gets tricky. We had to use a custom 50 MM gun drilled axle and develop a Key way and bearing to attach the lower cogs of the chain case to the axle. This axle is in line with the front and rear diff, we then attach the drive shafts to the axles. All Run in line, and we spin front and Rear Kawi Teryx Diffs at the same time. <O:p></O:p>
We start testing next week, and will have video up as soon as we can. The goal is to have built a Mini class 1 car with AWD. We will still be running in the SPTS UTV class, but a trying to beat the Class 1 cars on time, and the entire rest of the field. <O:p></O:p>
Showing that if you want to race at these speeds and class you don’t need to spend 150k-250k for a Class 1 car, nor 20k a race to run it. <O:p></O:p>
This car has little or no maintenance, and will be the ultimate in Price and Power. <O:p></O:p>
HOPE IT WORKS.<O:p></O:p>
And yes there is an alternator mounted to this transmission.<O:p></O:p>
Sorry but cannot provide any information on the motor. <O:p></O:p>
This is all new stuff we have been working on, and want to thank Kawasaki for the support.<O:p></O:p>
Todd<O:p></O:p>

Thanks for the awesome info and insight into this one of a kind futuristic race UTV/Buggy/Whatchamacallit! hahaha Great work Todd and DFR!!

Now Court,get back to guessing what motor is in it.....I think its Nuclear Powered!

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
I'd think it has to be a PWC motor, what else does Kawi have that doesnt have a transmission attached?

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Mayebe I was supporting your "electric" theory?? Could be a motor? Could be an engine? Could be a hamster running on a wheel? Whatever it is, its sure to be cool.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Kawi Turbine maybe? They make every type of engine you could imagine.

SIMPSON

Simpson Racing Products - Official UTVUnderground
Mar 12, 2010

I have been waiting for a long time to get a chance to give you guy’s some Spy Photos.

To Be Continued...

What is the wheel base and track width?

Does this have reverse...if so could you explain....I couldn't see how it is achieved from the drawing.

Seems like a lot of camber change at full compression.....is that ideal....normal???

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
with DFR doing stuff like this makes me feal great about picking there LT kit for my rhino.....but do you take trade in"s I think this thing would KILL PISMO :D

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
I know right, It is so much fun to send these things through races as gnarly as Baja because if they make it you know you built one bad a$$ car. But it's a little sad sending these beautiful rides to get the crap beat out of them. Maybe I should tell Todd to go test at Pismo befor Baja, I'll tell him we need to test by the ocean to check Air/Fuel
;)

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Ok, it is a 1968 Kawasaki Snow mobile motor! Tripple 2-stroke with no transmission.

Wanna be on the pit crew Court? I'll pay you in Kawasaki socks!
Oh he'll yeah! That's way more than I usually get paid.

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
What is the wheel base and track width?

Does this have reverse...if so could you explain....I couldn't see how it is achieved from the drawing.

Seems like a lot of camber change at full compression.....is that ideal....normal???
The tie rods are not attached. It has less the .25 inches of bump steer.
We had a custom FNR BOX made. See previous transmission description. It is attached to the driven.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
The tie rods are not attached. It has less the .25 inches of bump steer.
We had a custom FNR BOX made. See previous transmission description. It is attached to the driven.
The question was about camber not toe (bumpsteer). I would also like to hear the answer to the camber question if you have time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000