Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
This thread is now open for Guessing...:D
Hmmm, chain drive from the secondary to the rear axle, has an alternator built into the carriage. But doesn't show where it drives from, but I would guess off the jackshaft that goes from the engine to the primary. But where does the 4WD take off from? What is the purpose of the large bodied section between the secondary and the chain drive, could it be a rotary fluid drive pump for driving a front axle?
Just guessing... looks like some good engineering going on here...

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Does the motor sit sideways in the chassis and those are the stubouts for a front and rear driveline? You did say AWD, so I bet that is it...

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Sorry for the hijak boys, back to the speculation!!!!

Why a CVT system though? Why not just shift it?

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy: FACTS

what diffs are gonna be used front and rear?
The output shaft of the motor sits forward in the passenger seat of the car. Motor Rotation is critical to the design. The output shaft is connected with custom u joints to drive the Primary. CVT is a custom 4 post Primary good for 450 HP, and Custom Driven. The Driven drives a one off FNR box we had designed. The same shaft drives our chain case, Just like a snow mobile. We have quick change gears in the Chain case, so we can adjust our gearing for each application. Now it gets tricky. We had to use a custom 50 MM gun drilled axle and develop a Key way and bearing to attach the lower cogs of the chain case to the axle. This axle is in line with the front and rear diff, we then attach the drive shafts to the axles. All Run in line, and we spin front and Rear Kawi Teryx Diffs at the same time. <O:p></O:p>
We start testing next week, and will have video up as soon as we can. The goal is to have built a Mini class 1 car with AWD. We will still be running in the SPTS UTV class, but a trying to beat the Class 1 cars on time, and the entire rest of the field. <O:p></O:p>
Showing that if you want to race at these speeds and class you don’t need to spend 150k-250k for a Class 1 car, nor 20k a race to run it. <O:p></O:p>
This car has little or no maintenance, and will be the ultimate in Price and Power. <O:p></O:p>
HOPE IT WORKS.<O:p></O:p>
And yes there is an alternator mounted to this transmission.<O:p></O:p>
Sorry but cannot provide any information on the motor. <O:p></O:p>
This is all new stuff we have been working on, and want to thank Kawasaki for the support.<O:p></O:p>
Todd<O:p></O:p>

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
He gave me and everyone else on our team really nice Kawasaki shirts at the finish of the BITD Nevada 2000, I think mine was a large :rolleyes:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000