Mint 400 side bet

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
so your telling us Felix this isn't ok? GTHOOH there is nothing wrong with this as racers are allowed to help racers , awesome picture !
Actually not allowed to push within 250 feet of the finish line and not once you have taken the checker and no longer in the race according to Casey. What if the finish line was over a hill and you have cars coming? Would you think it mattered then? Clearly in that situation a racer still in the race isn't likely going to offer help.

The significance isn't this particular situation which didn't effect the outcome but it could next time so the only reason I brought it up. The rules shouldn't be applied per the circumstances imo for the reason stated.

MMM1912

Nov 26, 2014
Congrats on the overall win Mr Sims! You are a true sportsman and you have class. If you don't like the way a association runs their race don't race it and don't start crying about it on forums when I think the majority was super impressed with the sportsmanship of Branden Sims. Congrats to both Sims and Lambert on their wins!

Reactions: JoeyD23 and COGNITO

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Congrats on the overall win Mr Sims! You are a true sportsman and you have class. If you don't like the way a association runs their race don't race it and don't start crying about it on forums when I think the majority was super impressed with the sportsmanship of Branden Sims. Congrats to both Sims and Lambert on their wins!
Your right the show of sportsmanship was impressive but that had nothing to do with my comments if you can read English. And your incorrect a lot of people were not impressed with BITD on the decision. Those people obviously can see past their noses and have a different kind of respect for rules and understand this was a bad decision including Casey. No one asking to reverse the outcome just not make rule bending a habit.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
George....I remember a story in parker where a racer was real proud of himself pushing his car across the finish line....made a big deal of himself how he didn't take a tow rope....you remember that guy?? Seems like he drove a pink rzr...and was from texas...

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
George....I remember a story in parker where a racer was real proud of himself pushing his car across the finish line....made a big deal of himself how he didn't take a tow rope....you remember that guy?? Seems like he drove a pink rzr...and was from texas...
Ya but he didn't win

Reactions: nolson2 and MMM1912

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Your right the show of sportsmanship was impressive but that had nothing to do with my comments if you can read English. And your incorrect a lot of people were not impressed with BITD on the decision. Those people obviously can see past their noses and have a different kind of respect for rules and understand this was a bad decision including Casey. No one asking to reverse the outcome just not make rule bending a habit.
You and Sean Cook don't account for "a lot of people". I spoke to wayyyy more people then you and didn't hear one person even come close to shitting on this finish like you are. Sean questioned me on it and seemed fine with it but did say you were going to be upset or something to that affect.

One thing I hate is when people say "all these people are mad" or " I know a lot of people agree" say their damn names or let them come say or STFU about it. That's just how I feel. And with that said you are entitled to your opinion George and this doesn't mean I don't like you. Just think it's BS to even consider this as a poor call on BITD or anyone else for that matter. It's off road racing for crying out loud. The most unprofessional professional motorsport in the world. And that's what makes it awesome.

What Brandon did was bad ass!!

Last edited:

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
SEC8: No aircraft permitted for the purpose of race support. This includes but is not limited to flying
over any race vehicle; transportation of drivers/riders and or support crews (unless a medical
emergency exists); communication with race vehicle or pit support vehicle or pit; spotting for race
vehicle; transportation of equipment and/or parts; landing on or near the race course in areas other
then approved by Best In The Desert Racing Association and within FAA rules; flying too low;
and interfering with the normal conduct or actions of the event. Violation of this rule may lead to
entrant’s disqualification. No Drones are permitted at any BITD event.
Note: Requests for aircraft special use (i.e.: filming, observing, etc.) must be submitted to
Best In The Desert Racing Association in writing. Requests must include the radio
frequencies (helicopter or airplane frequency and race team frequency) to be used and must
be submitted no later than one week prior to scheduled event. Any request received during
the week prior to the event will not be considered.

Let me first say what Mr sims did is great for everyone and TV. But with that said should Robby Gordon be not allowed to race for the rest of 2015 season because he broke this rule plus was token away parker win for this a couple years ago. Casey said a rule is a rule and they are in place for a reason.

Reactions: acme

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
SEC13: No vehicle shall be towed, pushed, pulled or transported by any non-race-entered vehicle on the
official course while an official event is still in progress. Another race entered vehicle or an
official Best In The Desert Racing Association vehicle may push, pull or tow the race-entered
vehicle up to the nearest pit stop or checkpoint but may not push, pull or tow it through the pit
stop or checkpoint. Occupants of the vehicle that is pushed pulled or towed to that point must
make necessary repairs in order to leave that area under their own power. No vehicle may be
pushed, pulled or towed by another vehicle within the last two-hundred yards (200 yards) of the
finish
; only the vehicle occupants at the time of the breakdown may push the vehicle through the
finish line. No other person or persons will be permitted to assist in pushing, pulling or towing the
vehicle. Best In The Desert Racing Association officials may lend assistance to any race vehicle
or the vehicle occupants in any manor Best In The Desert Racing Association deemed
reasonable, such as retrieving the vehicle, pulling the vehicle, shuttling parts, tools/equipment, etc.

The big question is, Is this a rule or not. Gray area or not grey area. There in the same sec of rules. Again what MR sims did I would of done too, and if I was pushing utv for anytime I would take all the help that came too. As much as most of us dont want to admit it George is right. Rules suck balls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000