Mint 400 side bet

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I could really careless , there is politics in racing everywhere , and always some one who will feel wronged or that the race association makes rules on the fly or decisions etc, hats off to the guys that pulled you back on your wheels as well
Everybody does it......but nobody does it like BITD. That shit has no boundaries just wait till the next time when it's not 50 yards.....more like 50 miles plus. Who's ok with that again?

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I am not sure exactly what or which racer you are referring to. My comment was directed towards Johnny's unfortunate day that never really got started. I read he didn't have 4wd and only a few miles out from the start broke both back axles and was pretty much dead in the water.

My statement was directed at how the ecu that was put in burnetts car at the world championship tech also magically didn't have 4wd. Were the ecus swapped at tech yesterday before the race? If so I would think that the supplied ecu in Johnny's car could have been the problem with no 4wd

Not exactly sure what you were trying to insinuate with your comment.

For what it's worth we had a driveline failure 15 miles in. Had to remove the driveline in the first pit on lap one. Got back on track and ran a decent pace for 2 laps until a fuel issue ended our day. Guess our axles held up well.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
George what exactly attracts you to race BITD? I would love for you to be in Casey's shoes and have to make the decisions he does on race day. Are they always the best decisions, prob not, but it is his organization and as crazy as it sounds YOU don't have to race in it. We are lucky enough to have him putting the time and effort in that it takes for us to race in the desert. I have yet to hear you come on here and praise or even be happy after any race.

At this point Ive gotta say that I am thoroughly disappointed and I honestly feel very disrespected after reading through your posts today. I was raised to help out in any way possible and its weird but I actually get a good feeling after helping someone in need. Had I not offered my help to Justin, my dad would have been the first one to tell me that he was disappointed that I didn't help. Its obvious that Justin and I haven't always seen eye to eye on everything, but the first thing I could think to do was help him. To clear things up his car DID NOT stop 50 yards from the finish line. By the time I figured out what was going on he and his co driver had already pushed it over a couple hundred yards after just battling 350 miles that day not 160 miles like Parker for you. When I got to his car after CLARIFYING with BITD that i was allowed to even touch his car he was exhausted and was trying to roll the tires by hand because he could no longer push. By the time we made it across the finish line Im pretty sure we were all about to blackout. Justin battled at the front of the pack all day and actually 5 miles before the finish the war hammer dented my rear bumper. He didn't over drive his car and roll in the first few miles of the race. If you're to good to take the help of a fellow competitor than you're less of a man than you claim to be. What kind of example are you trying to set for the future racers, I had no idea our class was so full of complainers.

You mention other race series, but I just left Ultra 4's King of the Hammers last month and you know whats odd..... They actually promote and want competitors to help each other. There is no help allowed from anyone but your fellow competitors. Im pretty sure SCORE is just like BITD with less rules actually, and if this happened in the Pure series I guarantee Lou would have loved to see this same scenario unfold and would have been at the finish line to offer a beer and a handshake. Ive raced them all including the Pure series, and BITD is about as professional as they come.

With that being said, congrats to Cognito and his team for their hard earned 1st in class finish!!!!!!!

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
I'm sorry if this has already been answered here...I'm curious why bitd swaps ecu's ? Is it only in the bitd series ? On the turbo cars I would think flashed ecu's are needed for more power so is swapping the ecu's to equalize the teams ? I personally know Polaris has been looking into flashing ecu's because of emission bull shit so I wonder if this has to do with that issue ? At utv worlds I didn't have my ecu replaced so I'm assuming it was only for the turbo cars ? Thank you guys for any info.... Congrats sims on another awesome win

Aug 30, 2015
Sheridan, WY
I applaud Sims' efforts. It is simply another example of great comradary seen in the pits at each race...when a fellow racer needs parts or help. Yes, some debate when reading the rules literally but I would much rather promote unity among racers than divide this group with negativity.

And I agree with Sims' thoughts on BITD. I do not always agree with their decisions or execution...but until I can offer assistance or a positive contribution I am keeping my mouth shut and happy to compete by their rules.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA

At this point Ive gotta say that I am thoroughly disappointed and I honestly feel very disrespected after reading through your posts today.
Now you know why I rarely log in to the Underground anymore. Cool move BTW Brandon, and congrats.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I couldn't be happier for Branden and his team. They are some of the best people you will ever meet. I would like to share a little text string from a few weeks ago. Branden was very confident that he has the Polaris RZR to win but just can't shake these axle issues he was having. He asked me if I could help. I always try to help anyone I can.

A little text string with RCV 17 days before the race.

Text on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Congrats Branden. Great race between you and Justin.

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
I have a question on the timing on race-dezert. What is the "rockets? devil drops? and why is there a difference between the third lap times and the final times? thanks guys

Also, congrats Brandon on the win. Great job.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Those are just areas of the course that Casey gives names to and are part of the tracking. I think the difference between second and third lap times is because the racers don't go through the Primm short course on the last lap, just like not going through the Parker Python during the last lap at the Parker races.

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
I see what you are saying, but the last part of my question is about the difference the 3rd lap (finish), and the actual finish time that is posted. I would have thought the 3rd lap and finish should be the same.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Everybody does it......but nobody does it like BITD. That shit has no boundaries just wait till the next time when it's not 50 yards.....more like 50 miles plus. Who's ok with that again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so your telling us Felix this isn't ok? GTHOOH there is nothing wrong with this as racers are allowed to help racers , awesome picture !

Last edited:

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Congrats on your win Brandon and your over the top sportsmanship once again !! always a pleasure to race with you and against you !! and your Reply to Mr Felix is Spot on !

Reactions: JoeyD23

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
George what exactly attracts you to race BITD? I would love for you to be in Casey's shoes and have to make the decisions he does on race day. Are they always the best decisions, prob not, but it is his organization and as crazy as it sounds YOU don't have to race in it. We are lucky enough to have him putting the time and effort in that it takes for us to race in the desert. I have yet to hear you come on here and praise or even be happy after any race.

At this point Ive gotta say that I am thoroughly disappointed and I honestly feel very disrespected after reading through your posts today. I was raised to help out in any way possible and its weird but I actually get a good feeling after helping someone in need. Had I not offered my help to Justin, my dad would have been the first one to tell me that he was disappointed that I didn't help. Its obvious that Justin and I haven't always seen eye to eye on everything, but the first thing I could think to do was help him. To clear things up his car DID NOT stop 50 yards from the finish line. By the time I figured out what was going on he and his co driver had already pushed it over a couple hundred yards after just battling 350 miles that day not 160 miles like Parker for you. When I got to his car after CLARIFYING with BITD that i was allowed to even touch his car he was exhausted and was trying to roll the tires by hand because he could no longer push. By the time we made it across the finish line Im pretty sure we were all about to blackout. Justin battled at the front of the pack all day and actually 5 miles before the finish the war hammer dented my rear bumper. He didn't over drive his car and roll in the first few miles of the race. If you're to good to take the help of a fellow competitor than you're less of a man than you claim to be. What kind of example are you trying to set for the future racers, I had no idea our class was so full of complainers.

You mention other race series, but I just left Ultra 4's King of the Hammers last month and you know whats odd..... They actually promote and want competitors to help each other. There is no help allowed from anyone but your fellow competitors. Im pretty sure SCORE is just like BITD with less rules actually, and if this happened in the Pure series I guarantee Lou would have loved to see this same scenario unfold and would have been at the finish line to offer a beer and a handshake. Ive raced them all including the Pure series, and BITD is about as professional as they come.

With that being said, congrats to Cognito and his team for their hard earned 1st in class finish!!!!!!!
Sorry you feel that way but as often is the case the principle and point is lost in the emotion of the reader. Its very simple....decide what the rules are then evetyone follow them. If the rule needs a clause then inset one. I'm not saying what you did was wrong in the way that your implying. I'm saying all the racers and BITD should know what the rules are and then that's it. Any question can be traced back to the rule book and the answer will be there without question. I don't know why that's so hard to understand quite honestly. Casey himself said the rules wouldn't allow this and was an honest mistake which I believe. But also the result of not having or following policy and procedures. If the rules allow you to finish and then go back on course fine. Can I have "officials" that are part of my team bring me parts or assist me out on the course? So maybe a clause needs to be inserted "except if part of a race team" or better yet limit "assist" to "only for reasons of safety". Because the way it's been applied includes towing 1/4 ways around the course on the highway. Do you think that's right? Should I have "officials" on my team assisting me out on the course?

These are the kinds of things that happen when you don't follow or make rules up as you go. I never implied it effected the outcome or either 1st place finisher wasn't deserving both of you earned it no question. It's a policy and procedure issue that obviously many people don't understand.

So for the record my beef was never and is not now with Brandon or Cognito but rather the way in which BITD ebbs and flows with the rules. Casey believes BITD should help teams any way they can to reach the finish line......his exact words so that explains it perfectly......I never realized that so kinda changes things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000