Mint 400 race results

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Has anyone seen or know where to find the official race results? I have not seen them on here, RDC or BITD's site yet.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
BITD now has Race 2 posted and Fastest lap per class posted. Still no Race 1 yet.

http://bitd.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016Mint400Race2OfficialRes.pdf
http://bitd.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016Mint400Race2OfficialRes.pdf
http://bitd.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/FastestLapallClasses.pdf

Congrats to Sims for fast lap in the Turbo class and Lambert for fast lap in the N/A class.

Per the penalty list at the bottom of the Race 2 results the only UTV to get a time Penalty was #904 for leaving a flat tire on the course. (1hr penalty)

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
It would be interesting to see the points right now. Everyone knows JL is killing it in NA, but no clue on turbo.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
It would be interesting to see the points right now. Everyone knows JL is killing it in NA, but no clue on turbo.
Currently in turbo it sits : Jones 186, Burnett 176 , Murry 175, Sims 174, Guthrie 171....I expect after the mint Sims will be very close to the Top or on top of the points.

Aug 30, 2015
Sheridan, WY
Just did math on points...this should be close to top 10 after the Mint....but don't hold me to it!

Angal and Guthrie fall out of top 10 with DNF. Dropping one race at end of year puts them back in the hunt at the end if they can finish the rest of the year clean

1- Sims - 276
2- Murray - 268
3- Jones - 263
4- Burnett - 259
5- Schueller - 252
6- Lube - 246
7- Fisher - 242
8- Gastel - 228
9- Zemak - 213
10- Carver - 206

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Without a doubt Justin Lambert is having an amazing season. But for me the bigger surprises are Kristian Matlock, she is killing it! Two starts and two 2nd place finishes! And the new #960 Redlands car wins the UTV Championship first race out and was up front all day until 2 broken belts put them finishing in 3rd place in Turbo. Lets not forget Wayne Matlock finishing 2nd in Turbo in his new car after the bad UTV Championship. He is rebounding just like last year.

Questions?
Now does Kristian Matlock race the rest of the season? Does the #960 become the "Game Changer" car that progresses the class forward? What is Sims, Lambert & Matlocks thoughts on the full custom Redlands car, since they raced around them all day? Where would Kristian and Redland's be in points if they ran Parker? Do we see anyone else going to Jimco to have them build them a car? In the coming months does anyone buy Jimco's suspension parts? Does anyone else attempt to build something like the Redlands car? When do we see Rob Mac in a UTV?

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Im new to desert racing so I need some help here understanding the scoring system. How Dustin Jones, who went 1 lap, place higher than Mitch Jr and Cody who both broke well into their 3rd lap?
Just trying to understand, thanks.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Im new to desert racing so I need some help here understanding the scoring system. How Dustin Jones, who went 1 lap, place higher than Mitch Jr and Cody who both broke well into their 3rd lap?
Just trying to understand, thanks.
Jones must have physically taken the checkered flag.... grand prix finish...

MMM1912

Nov 26, 2014
Finishing points! That was a rule change for 2016 you will receive more points for finishing than going further and DNF's. This will only work on the multiple loop races though. Shit I said rule change sure that troll will be crying!

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Finishing points! That was a rule change for 2016 you will receive more points for finishing than going further and DNF's. This will only work on the multiple loop races though. Shit I said rule change sure that troll will be crying!

Well I guess if you're having issues you just have to pull over at the finish line and wait for the leader to go through lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: facteryfmf

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Its not just the UTV racers who are unhappy with the the "Grand Prix" style format. Many are posting on RDC and the few others who I spoke to said it was total BS for the "Biggest Hyped Up Race" to end the morning race in a Grand Prix style and not the 2nd race if that was going to be the format. And it was not advertised that way when you signed up and paid. Allot of the TrophyLite teams were very unhappy about it as they were not able to finish or not granted finishing points.

So realistically the time limit the 1st race was given was not true, due to the Grand Prix finish and the holding of cars. But the faster classes in the 2nd race who need less time to finish, actually got more time then the 1st race where guys need the full time to finish.

Even the course staff was not aware of the Grand Prix style finish as Jamie Fagen "GlamisGirlie" who is in the know was told there would be no Grand Prix finish and she was telling other teams there would not be, yet there was.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Its not just the UTV racers who are unhappy with the the "Grand Prix" style format. Many are posting on RDC and the few others who I spoke to said it was total BS for the "Biggest Hyped Up Race" to end the morning race in a Grand Prix style and not the 2nd race if that was going to be the format. And it was not advertised that way when you signed up and paid. Allot of the TrophyLite teams were very unhappy about it as they were not able to finish or not granted finishing points.

So realistically the time limit the 1st race was given was not true, due to the Grand Prix finish and the holding of cars. But the faster classes in the 2nd race who need less time to finish, actually got more time then the 1st race where guys need the full time to finish.

Even the course staff was not aware of the Grand Prix style finish as Jamie Fagen "GlamisGirlie" who is in the know was told there would be no Grand Prix finish and she was telling other teams there would not be, yet there was.
I agree with you here as the finishing points dont make sense when you did one lap and took the checkered flag when others dnf half way through there second lap and get no points. I dont mind the grandprix style finish except for how it works in this favor just my .02

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000