Miller Jeep Trail run to Mt. Pinos

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Rich and Mike doing some mods on Rich's Ford. You'll have to ask Rich what almost fell out of his truck coming into camp ;)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Another angle of camp area. It was nice having this area to ourselves. I figure no one else was crazy enough to bring their rigs in here. We got a lot of pointing fingers and smiles from Jeeper's coming in to stage

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Can we do a "La Familia" fill in dip area to cross or is it to big of a dip ;-)

I can't add any back drag wheels to the MoHo + love to camp near the staging area ;-)

Love Yea All ;-)
I THINK one would need about 4feet fill in the deepest and feather it out about 20' from center one way with a drain pipe at the low point to make it last. But thats just me thinking. I'm in but we would have to bring our own fill .I could probably get a pipe from the job site maybe .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
If it wasn't for rich and his macgyver bag of tools, we would still be there. :)
Thanks Dave , some times I think I carry to much until I have some thing that saves some one's day. But really I just had the glue but you knew how to read the directions :D

GREAT RIDING WITH YOU DAVE AND MY BUDDY HAPPY GILBERT ( head nods ) :D:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Can we do a "La Familia" fill in dip area to cross or is it to big of a dip ;-)

I can't add any back drag wheels to the MoHo + love to camp near the staging area ;-)

Love Yea All ;-)
I am in if you guys want to meet up there this summer for some road maintenance. I am probably gonna do some small daytrips up there with Mike B. to explore the Yellowjacket loop to recon a second day ride trip when we do a camp and ride up there again. I had to use my leveling blocks, stair-stepping to get out of that dip. With the help of a couple people, we could get all the rigs in there.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I am in if you guys want to meet up there this summer for some road maintenance. I am probably gonna do some small daytrips up there with Mike B. to explore the Yellowjacket loop to recon a second day ride trip when we do a camp and ride up there again. I had to use my leveling blocks, stair-stepping to get out of that dip. With the help of a couple people, we could get all the rigs in there.
If we go will find a way thats the fun part.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Im putting another Miller Jeep Trail ride together, just giving the date some thought. I went up to Chuchupate Ranger station today and got some new OHV maps for the area. Here is the awesome part......The ranger said we can circle camp in the large Frazier staging area right up the road from the ranger station, as long as we are self-contained. It gets even better!! This camping area is flat, easy to get to for any camper or MO-HO, and.....wait for it.........it is within 20 feet of another awesome trail that meets up with the Lockwood staging area we camped at last week!! In other words, we will have about 6 new miles of killer 4-wheeling before we even get to the Lockwood staging area!!! I know, how insane is that!! I will post up the new camp and ride thread soon with pics of the new camping area, which is large enough for a dozen rigs with overflow area!! IF anyone wants to give me any inpute on dates, let me know.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Im putting another Miller Jeep Trail ride together, just giving the date some thought. I went up to Chuchupate Ranger station today and got some new OHV maps for the area. Here is the awesome part......The ranger said we can circle camp in the large Frazier staging area right up the road from the ranger station, as long as we are self-contained. It gets even better!! This camping area is flat, easy to get to for any camper or MO-HO, and.....wait for it.........it is within 20 feet of another awesome trail that meets up with the Lockwood staging area we camped at last week!! In other words, we will have about 6 new miles of killer 4-wheeling before we even get to the Lockwood staging area!!! I know, how insane is that!! I will post up the new camp and ride thread soon with pics of the new camping area, which is large enough for a dozen rigs with overflow area!! IF anyone wants to give me any inpute on dates, let me know.
No one has a labor day ride yet that I know of .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
One thing I wanted to do on the trip that we didn't do was going around the trail at the top of Alamo mnt, next time ?

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
One thing I wanted to do on the trip that we didn't do was going around the trail at the top of Alamo mnt, next time ?
We can do that!! There is also a trail to the top of Frazier mountain from the staging/camping area that goes to the abandoned Forestry look out station, 8013 thousand feet!! We went there today via the forestry road. The old look out hut is pretty cool to crawl up into and take great pics!! I have some pics of this too from today that I will post on the new thead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000