Miller Jeep Trail run to Mt. Pinos

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
For those who want to bring their Mo-Ho's in to staging area and toy-haulers, redrzr and I think no problem. The ranger said he see's toy haulers in there too. There are a couple "dips" in the road, which Mike thinks a trailer might scrap on the back end a little. THe road is pretty well maintained and even. The staging area has a slight slope, so leveling front to back will be needed a little bit. There is room for at least 6-10 toyhaulers at this area for sure. Hope this helps. You can also ask redrzr about this area

Will my big A$$ end hit / scrap ?

I know I have a Big One but this is My MOHO A$$ we are talking about ;-)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Will my big A$$ end hit / scrap ?

I know I have a Big One but this is My MOHO A$$ we are talking about ;-)
Uhhhh, yor a$$ isn't big? It's just right;) I don't think your Mo-ho will have a problem, maybe only a low-riding tow hauler. The ranger said he see's haulers in there, and the road is pretty good, not any worse than getting into Drop 31. There are two small dips that might cause a little rear end drag. I'm going up there this Saturday again to ride around, so I will take some pics of the two dips in the road for you guys.

Pap

Bob Stone - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 6, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga Ca.
If you guy's go before the 25th I really would like to join you. I can not go the weekend of the 25th. Post a firm date when it is decided so I can plan.
Thanks Pap

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
If you guy's go before the 25th I really would like to join you. I can not go the weekend of the 25th. Post a firm date when it is decided so I can plan.
Thanks Pap
PAP, the date has been firm for a week or so now. We will be doing this ride on June 11th. The start time is 9:00am. I am going to be camping at the staging area starting Friday the 10th. Come out with us and have some fun. This is a popular, local trail which should have some nice challenges. The end point is the top of Alamo, which is very beautiful and a great place for hanging out.

Re: Miller Jeep Trail run to Alamo Mountian
Saturday, June 11th....We will ride at 9:00a.m.

1. Trukndave (Day ride...maybe tenting Saturday night)
2. RZRLUVR. ( Camping Saturday night )
3. Grumpysrzr4
4.Onerich
5. Mike B (Teryx)
6. Class51600 (Day ride) Can't wait to see your new rzr4 Ernesto!!
7. rzrgil. (Camping Sat. night)
8.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Here is the trail head. This is where we are camping, just find a good spot. There is no fee, and you do not need an Adventure Pass, according to the Chuchupate ranger station.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Rich, I don't think that little hut provides the kind of pastries and Joe you are looking for ;) As Stumpy says, you can probably get some "dirt donuts" there...

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
This is kinda a hijack but we will be doing shuttles on DH bikes this Sunday if anyone is interested...
What are shuttles? Just curious. Are you doing this trail Sunday? I'll be up there Saturday

Mr Bad

Apr 24, 2011
Lancaster, CA
What are shuttles? Just curious. Are you doing this trail Sunday? I'll be up there Saturday
We load the bikes in the back of the truck at the dirt lot at one of the road splits and drive up to the Nordic ski Base. Then bomb back down the mtn. on the McGill trail. Then load up and do that again. We do that as many times as times as time will allow. Super fun.

Yes Sunday morning is the plan so far.

Here is a link: http://www.mountainbikebill.com/mtpinos.htm

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Oh, Ok, got it! That does sound like fun. Come out on the 11th and do this ride with us, it should be a fun ride!!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Exit interstate 5 at Frazier Park. Go left at bottom of offramp to head West on Frazier Park Road. You will quickly see the Flying J truck stop on your left side, where you can dump your RV or get water for it. Stay on this road for about 7 miles. Turn left on Lockwood Valley Road and go about 5 miles. Look on the left side for a dirt road turn off that says "Lockwood Creek Campground (Road 8N12). Stay on this dirt road for about 1.3 miles. You will run into a fork that either goes right or left. Go right for 1 more miles and you will run into the campground. That's where we will be. There is room for at least 8-12 RV's in this area. Park where ever you want, there are no designated spots. I recommend pulling your rig down to the trail head gate, turn around and park facing back up towards the entrance to this campground. No fires in here unless you have a permit. No fee's to camp here either and no Adventure pass needed.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Dave,

I see two forks on the road to camp the 1st one look like it will take you to some Ranch Houses (Red) ?

Is this right or do we take 1st Left then nexr right (Green) ;-)

Love Yea ;-)

View attachment 4564

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000