Wattman

The Surgeon
Mar 27, 2011
Huntington Beach
A good staging area would be the trail closet to Lockwood Creek,

The Lockwood Trail (127)

You have to exit Frazier Park Mtn. RD. go west to LOCKWOOD VALLEY RD go LEFT,

this will bring you down to Trail 8n12

I am not sure of the exact mileage on each rd.
we can probably get that info for everyone.

this will drop us on Lockwood creek.

close to the road and a good place for staging.

we can then hit the lockwood trail that leads to miller jeep trail.

We can also come in from Gorman side and stage over by Piru creek but it is a long and windy road to haul your toys .

so i think the easier way is going around...

I have detailed maps of the area if anyone wants more info...

sound like fun

Hope I can make it

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
A good staging area would be the trail closet to Lockwood Creek,

The Lockwood Trail (127)

You have to exit Frazier Park Mtn. RD. go west to LOCKWOOD VALLEY RD go LEFT,

this will bring you down to Trail 8n12

I am not sure of the exact mileage on each rd.
we can probably get that info for everyone.

this will drop us on Lockwood creek.

close to the road and a good place for staging.

we can then hit the lockwood trail that leads to miller jeep trail.

We can also come in from Gorman side and stage over by Piru creek but it is a long and windy road to haul your toys .

so i think the easier way is going around...

I have detailed maps of the area if anyone wants more info...

sound like fun

Hope I can make it
Wattman,
I agree. I think we should stage from Frazier park side. We can eat lunch at top of Miller (Alamo Mountain). The views are awesome up there, the weather is cooler and there are some portapotties. If you have any maps, please post.
Thanks,
Dave

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Wattman,
I agree. I think we should stage from Frazier park side. We can eat lunch at top of Miller (Alamo Mountain). The views are awesome up there, the weather is cooler and there are some portapotties. If you have any maps, please post.
Thanks,
Dave
Dave I have a sidekicks offroad map that shows it all.They are great maps with GPS points and trail difficulty's and there only $3.00 you can get them online or they have them at most bike shops ,but I would go online.

Wattman

The Surgeon
Mar 27, 2011
Huntington Beach
Yeah, the views are awesome and are tax dollars are hard at work with the handicap parking placards at the top of the mountain next to the Bathroom

I guess for all the old dudes..

i will see if i can upload the map..

It has been a long time since I have gone up from that side .

we usually camp in gorman and take the road all the way to piru creek and then go up the mountain from there .

but you chance a ticket from the end of gorman to piru creek since there are street legal vehicles only from that point.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Yeah, the views are awesome and are tax dollars are hard at work with the handicap parking placards at the top of the mountain next to the Bathroom

I guess for all the old dudes..

i will see if i can upload the map..

It has been a long time since I have gone up from that side .

we usually camp in gorman and take the road all the way to piru creek and then go up the mountain from there .

but you chance a ticket from the end of gorman to piru creek since there are street legal vehicles only from that point.
Ya I'm looking at my map and I'm seeing what your telling us .We don't want any problems with the rangers.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
When I was a kid riding dirt bikes, we used to be able to ride back to Piru creek. But now, you cant. The last time I was up there 7 months ago, the ranger said you can drive ATV's from Piru Creek up the road to Dutchman campground. I went up there and did pass a couple Rhino's on the road. The road is very windy back to Piru Creek for toyhaulers etc.. So, we wil launch from Frazier side. This is the easier to get to I think. I'm going to take a drive up there this weekend to check it out. It's only an hour or so from my house.

Wattman

The Surgeon
Mar 27, 2011
Huntington Beach
from what i remember there is a big flat area once you get off the main road (LOCKWOOD VALLEY ROAD) We will have to mark the exit for everyone ... i don't remeber it being very clearly marked . easy to pass if your not looking for it.

once you exit onto 8n12 you go for a short distance to the big flat area and then we should be able to stage everyone from that point.

we jump onto lockwood creek rd.(Approx 8.5mi) which goes for a while before it meets up with miller jeep trail( approx 3 miles)
which drops us at the top of alamo mtn at dutchman camp ground ,

from there we can make a complete loop around alamo mountain and take it to snowy trail (11.5 mi) which has some cool scenic views.
but whatever dave wants to do

is ok by me

I cannot load the map

the map i have is the OFF HIGHWAY VEHICLE MAP
MT PINOS RANGER DISTRICT

I will keep trying

Wattman

The Surgeon
Mar 27, 2011
Huntington Beach
also probably a good thing to let everyone know is from what i remember miller jeep trail is rocky and tricky so be prepared ......

it is only 3 miles long but can take some time to get through ....

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Re: Miller Jeep Trail run to Alamo Mountian
Saturday, June 11th....We will ride at 9:00a.m.

1. Trukndave (Day ride...maybe tenting Saturday night)
2. RZRLUVR. ( Camping Saturday night )
3. Grumpysrzr4
4.Onerich
5. Mike B (Teryx)
6. Class51600 (Day ride) Can't wait to see your new rzr4 Ernesto!!
8.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
from what i remember there is a big flat area once you get off the main road (LOCKWOOD VALLEY ROAD) We will have to mark the exit for everyone ... i don't remeber it being very clearly marked . easy to pass if your not looking for it.

once you exit onto 8n12 you go for a short distance to the big flat area and then we should be able to stage everyone from that point.

we jump onto lockwood creek rd.(Approx 8.5mi) which goes for a while before it meets up with miller jeep trail( approx 3 miles)
which drops us at the top of alamo mtn at dutchman camp ground ,

from there we can make a complete loop around alamo mountain and take it to snowy trail (11.5 mi) which has some cool scenic views.
but whatever dave wants to do

is ok by me

I cannot load the map

the map i have is the OFF HIGHWAY VEHICLE MAP
MT PINOS RANGER DISTRICT

I will keep trying
Hey Wattman,
Is the road to Lockwood Creek camp/Staging area ok for large toy haulers?
Sounds like this will be the easiest to get to.

Wattman

The Surgeon
Mar 27, 2011
Huntington Beach
it is a pretty level dirt road . so you should be able to get the hauler in there ...

But it has been some time since i have been in that way and you know how the crazy rains we have had .

I think Dave is going to check it out this weekend
which is probably a good idea ,,,then we will know for sure ...

rzrgil

G.C. - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Duarte, CA.
Re: Miller Jeep Trail run to Alamo Mountian
Saturday, June 11th....We will ride at 9:00a.m.

1. Trukndave (Day ride...maybe tenting Saturday night)
2. RZRLUVR. ( Camping Saturday night )
3. Grumpysrzr4
4.Onerich
5. Mike B (Teryx)
6. Class51600 (Day ride) Can't wait to see your new rzr4 Ernesto!!
7. rzrgil. (Camping Sat. night)
8.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I'm out for the 11th throwing a 50th bday party that day. Maybe next time post plenty of pics and maybe some gps coordinates.
Jesse, sorry you can't make it. We will take plenty of pics. I will re-con the staging area this weekend for everyone and post up the info. Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000