Miller Jeep Trail run to Mt. Pinos

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
OK my fellow dirt eaters, I have always wanted to try a local jeep trail that ends up at the top of Alamo mountain, above Hungry Valley SVRA (Gorman). This would be a warm, dusty ride I'm guessing. Some of you have done this trail. I have been at the top of Alamo Mountain, and it is cool up there and scenic. We may start from the base of Alamo mountain or come in the backside from Frazier Park. I will post up the staging area later this week and keep you guys posted.
OK. let's do this. Come if you can, I always have a great time when lot's of peeps show up for these cool rides:
Miller Jeep Trail (Details on staging area to come later on as I research this)

Exit interstate 5 at Frazier Park. Go left at bottom of offramp to head West on Frazier Park Road. You will quickly see the Flying J truck stop on your left side, where you can dump your RV or get water for it. Stay on this road for about 7 miles. Turn left on Lockwood Valley Road and go about 5 miles. Look on the left side for a dirt road turn off that says "Lockwood Creek Campground (Road 8N12). Stay on this dirt road for about 1.3 miles. You will run into a fork that either goes right or left. Go right for 1 more miles and you will run into the campground. That's where we will be. There is room for at least 8-12 RV's in this area. Park where ever you want, there are no designated spots. I recommend pulling your rig down to the trail head gate, turn around and park facing back up towards the entrance to this campground. No fires in here unless you have a permit. No fee's to camp here either and no Adventure pass needed.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Saturday, June 11th....We will ride at 9:00a.m.
1. Trukndave (Day ride...maybe tenting Saturday night)

Last edited:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Here is a sample I found on youtube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyY3X4aA6_A&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyY3X4aA6_A&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I'm in, Let's go!:D Looks like we can camp on Lockwood Creek Rd. I'll do some more searching tomorrow and maybe call the Ranger Station and find out the best place to stage and camp:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Here is the road that starts the trail, lets do this..

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I'm in, Let's go!:D Looks like we can camp on Lockwood Creek Rd. I'll do some more searching tomorrow and maybe call the Ranger Station and find out the best place to stage and camp:D
Cool, thanks George!! The top of Alamo mountain is a cool place to hang out. There are a couple portapotties up ther too, just in case Breven wants to go.......;)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

Exit the 5 freeway at Frazier Park / Mt Pinos and head west for 7.1 miles. Turn left at Lockwood Valley Road and drive another 5.5 miles and you'll see the brown sign on the left indicating the Lockwood Creek Camp Grounds. You will stay on this dirt road all the way to the base of the trail. At about .7 miles you'll come to a fork - stay on the lower trail that runs straight ahead.

The sign on Lockwood Valley Road.
GPS: 34°44.951N x 119°02.374W

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

Keep going straight at the fork.
GPS: 34°44.046N x 119°02.798W

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I SAY F-YA !! lets get the dates and stuff down and Dave I think with 8 kids in a rzr 4 you will lead because we won't lose that caravel show :p:p

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Hold a sec, is this for street legal only or can SXS run on it? The PDF talks about Open to ATV's and Dirt Bikes. So I would say yes.

Michaeltom401

duning
Apr 30, 2009
I have run that trail many of times in my Jeep, Hummer, quad, and Rhino. It takes a while to get over the entire trail in a jeep or truck but quads, utvs, and bikes make short work of it. It is rocky but easy for the UTVs. You can run the entire trail and even ride around Alamo mt but you can't come down on the Hungry Valley side because of the street legal road only.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000