MILLER CANYON WATERFALL RUN 7-30-11

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
E.,
You can ride with Stumpy.....I will take your ride to the top for you, but Stumpy's price for shuttling people is Tequila, sorry, that's just the price you will need to pay for a ride that is guaranteed to make you mess yourself:eek:

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Dan have have you heard any more about this area ?

Thanks for the info guys I wonder if we could help with the fence thing If only we new a mobile welder mmmm
I could help with digging and stuff and might be able to find material but I'm sure its not that easy.BUT I'LL follow some ones lead if they want to get the ball rolling . I think some give back would be good.

Last edited:

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
last time we all went up .I talk to the ranger an the tail boss for the jeep club that was there working on the road. he said there was rumors about that area. he thinks the seira club put those rocks there. but as long as there wasn't any signs or fence its still open.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca

Nothing more than last ride. It is a San Manuel Indian Burial site, the small rock right behind the dude in the pictures butt, is where they had a funeral pyre. The soil there contains bone fragments and is very dark with ash. On the right side of this lot is a rock with a pestle in the top where the Indians used to grind acorns and bleach them for eating.

The rocks are to keep people out and there will either be a fence installed blocking it, or the ranger told me the Chief is thinking about capping it with asphalt or concrete to seal it.

I told them to just put up a 3ft concrete wall just before that area and put up a plaque describing what's there. I feel real bad because that rock is where Chris wanted to take a picture of his Bronco with the tire on the rock and we got it stuck.

I wouldn't have gone there had we known.

They also said they may put in a parking area before you cross the bridge on the right along with a rock garden.

I would expect that we will not be able to park there. I know I won't, I've already trampled on enough of their dead ancestors and feel bad enough about that!
:eek:

You can read a little more about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serrano_people
Dan ...

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Ernesto,

The whole area in yellow is game for camping. We usally camp where it's circled in red. I can turn completly around in that openeing, so there's plenty of room to manuever.

Dan ...

Thank you Dan will take a close look latter today.

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
E,

You can ride with me, we'll let Chris drive her up. He did that for Glares last time they went, he's a great driver.

She'll be fine as long as she sees someone go up first. It really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

But if you ride with me, be scared!!! LOL!!! :D

Dan....
Thanks Dan, I have been off road-ing since 1989, I race SCORE from 89 to 06 when we did our last Baja 1000 to La Paz. Shes not affraid if I'm driving, actually when we were doing 55 coming back in Tecate trough the bad parts she was fine. I think that the riding in the Polaris Ranger for so many years has given her a more cautious mentality. I'm sure she will be fine. By the way no one can scare me, during so many years of racing we had a few that did not go our way, once in a Baja 500 my Compadre (My SCORE race partner) and I rolled a BAJA 5-1600 down a hill in Tecate (Mexico side), the spectators said we rolled between 12 and 16 times but they lost count. They flipped the car over we checked the oil and found a way back sideways up the hill.

Thanks bud.

:cool:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Thanks Dan, I have been off road-ing since 1989, I race SCORE from 89 to 06 when we did our last Baja 1000 to La Paz. Shes not affraid if I'm driving, actually when we were doing 55 coming back in Tecate trough the bad parts she was fine. I think that the riding in the Polaris Ranger for so many years has given her a more cautious mentality. I'm sure she will be fine. By the way no one can scare me, during so many years of racing we had a few that did not go our way, once in a Baja 500 my Compadre (My SCORE race partner) and I rolled a BAJA 5-1600 down a hill in Tecate (Mexico side), the spectators said we rolled between 12 and 16 times but they lost count. They flipped the car over we checked the oil and found a way back sideways up the hill.

Thanks bud.

:cool:

I knew that! LOL!!!:)

No, I figured she WAS afraid of your driving... LOL!!!:D

I was really being facetious, but wanted to say it isn't as bad as it looks. After all your desert and mountain riding, it's a piece of cake...

Do re-think the day trip, it is very serene and peaceful up there. We have also encountered a few mountain lions too, so don't leave anything to eat outside, like fido.

Dan...

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL

Thanks for the info guys I wonder if we could help with the fence thing If only we new a mobile welder mmmm
I could help with digging and stuff and might be able to find material but I'm sure its not that easy.BUT I'LL follow some ones lead if they want to get the ball rolling . I think some give back would be good.

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
I knew that! LOL!!!:)

No, I figured she WAS afraid of your driving... LOL!!!:D

I was really being facetious, but wanted to say it isn't as bad as it looks. After all your desert and mountain riding, it's a piece of cake...

Do re-think the day trip, it is very serene and peaceful up there. We have also encountered a few mountain lions too, so don't leave anything to eat outside, like fido.

Dan...
Dan it looks very cool so if the budget allow I think we can stay for a couple of days.

Thanks Dan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000