MILLER CANYON MARCH 13 RIDE

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Like Dan said the ride starts at the east end of silver wood lake and then pretty much goes east behind arrowhead area and the rides are around 40 miles or so. Maps the best one I have seen is the one from sidekick off road they go for $3.00 (909)626-7227 They also sell them at bike shops or on line.Hope this was helpful.
YOU ALSO NEED A PERMIT AVAILABLE @ THE CHEVRON STATION OFF I-15 @ 138 .

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Yes me to I have a map of the area and wow theres so much up there maybe find a closer staging area for more trail time.
Yup! We will need to plan a ride out there this summer! :cool:
Hopefully we can get million dollar man involved - he lives out there and know the area well! ;)

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
THAT WOULD BE ONE OF THE TIMES. I THINK IT WAS ONLY TWICE. THANKS TO RICH, GEORGE & DAVE FOR PUSHING US OVER. WOW I NEVER REALIZED I WAS SUCH AN OLD MAN.:D:D:D
Ya that was good times, that spot gave every body a little bit of a problem sand on one side and then rock drop off so you would belly pan it and then you wouldn't get any traction to push your self over but thats what makes it fun. Ronnie if any thing changes come on out , you are allway welcome :)

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Where and when do we meet?[/QUOTE]
This is the map that is always put up and the sign for the turn off.Trail time is 9am and it is normally a all day ride so pack a lunch and such .At the staging there is a rest room and there is one stop that we make in the middle of the ride that also has a restroom if needed.

Last edited:

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Why on a Sunday? Just asking. Lol.
That is the only day I will be sure to have off it's a work thing.Didnt want to start a group ride and have to cancel But if you want to go on a sat just keep your eyes on here because I'm sure some one will post up on going on Saturday.

redrhino99

Redrhino99
Jun 30, 2009
Apple Valley/CA/US
That is the only day I will be sure to have off it's a work thing.Didnt want to start a group ride and have to cancel But if you want to go on a sat just keep your eyes on here because I'm sure some one will post up on going on Saturday.
How long does this ride take? I might be able to do it on Sunday as well.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
15N to 138E. Turn left just before hairpin going to Crestline (the blue circle on the map).

There's a sign on the right side of road directing you to Miller Canyon Conservation Camp, and a turn lane to go left.

After you turn left from 138 make the first right and go ~300 yards. Parking on the left. Daypass is required. If you don't buy one, it's a $5 fine, and if you plan on coming back, the fine is applied to the cost (about $30) of the pass, if you buy it from them.

You
will get a fine if you don't have a pass. I would also recommend that your registration is in your SxS while you are riding (yes I didn't have mine, along with a few others) and the green sticker is current. They will check, and probably will be there at the rally point, or somewhere on the trail, guaranteed.:D

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Joe,

It can vary, but usually in the 4-5 hour range but no more than 6, with all of the stops, lunch, pee breaks, sightseeing. Now this is barring any "issues" like breakdowns etc...

This isn't a balls out dash, more of a poker run type of ride. The more people, the longer it takes.

I live in Hesperia and usually just put my RZR-S in my truck to go.

Lately though, I go up on Friday and take my 'fiver and camp all weekend. It's a great spot and night rides are pretty cool (figuratively speaking)

Dan...

How long does this ride take? I might be able to do it on Sunday as well.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Day pass $5.00 I think at the chevron when you get of the 15 to go to silver wood .WE always plan it to take all day because we want to make sure that every body has enough time and are not rushed but the norm is back at the staging 3;30. 4;30 and trails and turn around times up to group vote

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000