Miller canyon burned down by turbo rzr

brokennosescotty

Nov 25, 2009
midwest USA
How can you be sure? This article does not state what caused the fire.
Supposedly someone riding into Miller Canyon was stopped by the CHP and was told by the officer the fire was started by an RZR, and there is a picture of one burning. None of the official reports have listed the cause.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Copy, thanks. I was just looking to see if there was an official report. I am sure it will come out officially at some point.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
that would really suck if it was a rzr Not Good

brokennosescotty

Nov 25, 2009
midwest USA
Copy, thanks. I was just looking to see if there was an official report. I am sure it will come out officially at some point.
There are about 7 pages on the RZR forum, and at the end the O.P. says he lives there, and was sent the picture of the burning vehicle by a friend of the owner. Very bad situation no matter what brand you ride. I certainly hope physical damage is kept to a minimum, and there is no loss of life!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I also heard it was a RZR on the Victor Valley News Group. It's abot 2-3 mi from my house right now and if the winds shift a little it'll be in my front yard too soon. Not good. I wonder how the stop ride order will protect Polaris and screw the person who didn't heed the directive. Scary shit right here....

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
It was a rzr and burn frame is setting in county yard. Victor valley paper was correct. I'v been emailing Polaris and had a good response. Polaris is covered from any damage by stop ride notice. But it don't cover U.S. National Forest service from resicting utv in the mountains. So now we wait an see if Polaris fights for us to stay in the mountain as of now Polaris has not contacted any bodys at S.B national forest service Tippecanoe st .main office San Bernardino.

grumpysrzr4

Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
Fire started at top of pilot rock trail 2n36 an 2n33 closer to 2n17x if you look at your maps. My adopt a trail forest rep said that all he can say at this point.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I was on a FB page that showed the RZR that allegedly was on fire and that RZR on fire sure did not look like a turbo. It was custom 4 seat XP

grumpysrzr4

Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
Either way some body with alot of clot. Needs to be on our side. Restciting utv in the mtn wasn't mean just one tipe. It ment all utv s

Reactions: Rayc30

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
It is a 1000 rzr, not a turbo. Sorry my bad. Nevertheless this will impact all riding in the state of california let alone the nation. Such a bummer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayc30

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I'll second that Rusty. The thing I don't like is this could have been any vehicle. The fact that it's a UTV is insignificant to me. This also could have been a USFS truck or Jeep. What it does tell us though is that whoever was driving this better had damn sure had at least one fire extinguisher on board and tried to put out the fire. Here's another example on why you carry them!

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
This is bad and is affecting several groups in the local area. Our local mountains are enjoyed by hikers, cyclist,4x4's of all kinds, ATV's, dirt bikes and families simply trying to escape the desert heat. 500 homes under mandatory evacuation, 1000 more under voluntary, Hesperia and Apple Valley schools closed due to air quality, horses and live stock dealing with acrid smoke and ash fall out. 800 firefighters from all over the state risking their lives in hot dry conditions. Smoke reaching as far as Salt Lake City, UT. and still very little containment. No matter the outcome of the fire investigation, this is devastating to our local community, taxes our resources, and has destroyed a recreation area that will not recover quickly.
Regards,

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
While all of this is true, it is also a natural occurrence and is also needed for the health of the forests and deserts. It's like the Giant Sequoias and the fire they have to start at the base of the trees to stimulate them and fake a forest fire to keep them healthy. While this is most certainly an awful thing to happen for many, it also has a positive side and this area hasn't burned in over half a century I think I heard. I'm not trying to defend anyone here, just saying there's also a positive side to this. Also if they get this under control without losing any structures, we're protected for a number of years while it grows back. Bottom line is this could have been started by dry lighting and had a very similar result.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000