Maverick feedback....

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
How about your guys feedback on anyone who's driven the maverick at a demo. I wanna hear what you guys think. I saw it at the SSSS and fell in love. So lets hear it! Lol

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
No joke, the Maverick is awesome, and is currently the best performing, fastest machine on the market right now. Go test one to see for your self. Can am stepped up to build this new machine But be careful-- you will fall in love and buy one if you demo it.......

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I am gonna buy a utv the beginning of the year and as of now it's gonna be a maverick, unless Polaris impresses me more with their new model. Thanks for the feed back!

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
So I saw that can am's website now says it has a visco lok QE in the specifications. Can anyone verify if its a typo or are they gonna add it to the production models?

RangerBurger

Jan 23, 2011
Humboldt County
That would be great news and a very smart move on their part. Seems to be the biggest complaint so far. Few of my XP and XP4 owning friends drove them at the demos and said they won't be switching any time soon. Said it felt squirly, and top heavy with a lot of body roll. I still want to drive it.:)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Squirly with power can be good! At least in the sand for sure

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I drove one in Glamis this past weekend and loved the power for sliding around and hitting lips. But the damn power is cut off every time the rear wheels leave the ground. Someone needs to make an override for the stupid drive by wire.

I hit the woops at 45mph no problem at all.

Then I drove the wildcat, what a disappointment.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I did a demo ride this weekend in Glamis. My impressions are it has a ton of power and is fun to drive. The ergonomics are the best of any utv. I can see where an xp owner will fell they are sitting up high, but for me it was fine. If you are coming from a Rhino or Teyrx the seat height will feel lower.

The suspension at slow speeds is okay. Its not terrible, but the rear was a little bouncy. It shines once you get up to 40+ mph. We hit the whoops at over 50 and it felt very stable and smooth. We hit a 4 foot drop at over 40 and the suspension felt smooth. Did not bottom out.

I did not notice any crazy body roll. It felt very stable to me.

I still think the Wildcat is top dog in suspension.

Throttle response was better than I expected. Much better than the Commander. A clutch mod and this thing will be a rocket ship.

The 4wd system allows you to get sideways in the turns. Made it interesting hitting the small dunes.

I really liked it and would consider purchasing one, if I did not need a 4 seater.

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
loved it... put a deposit down... but I have nothing to compare it to...

here is my test drive vid... at the 5min mark we start driving... at 6:40 we are able to start opening her up... I am in the car directly in front of the camera... my lamo friend driving camera car...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXkGadeICQ&feature=share&list=UUV3WzhI8Ac1vWhwslq0Gl2A"]Can-Am Maverick X-RS 2013 Test at Azuza Canyon OHV Park - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000