Mammoth Lakes June 29th-July 4th

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Stumpy and his little brother taking a "clear water bottle" break.......not quite old enough for silver cans yet...

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Grumpy got himself some new, kick-butt doors.........His rzr4 keeps getting more stuff on it every time I see him ;)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Top of Mt Baldy..or is it Bald Mountain....can't remember. Yeah, that's my wife,....she finally came on a camp & ride and rode in the rzr4 for the first time. She said she really liked it and wants to come on more trips now..Damnit! Well, so much for just me and the boys trips......;)

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
just got home, I'm exhausted thanks you george + kathy.I hadn't be up there in 20yrs' I had for gotten how beautiful it is up there so many place to ride even the trout fishing wasn't bad. I even got to go trout fish in that flooded camp ground standing on top of a picnic table. as we were leveing town rangers were removing signs devils post pile was open. I guess 10' of snow wasn't going to keep the public out . next time. I lost my camera up there some were.so I hope sumone has a lot of picture.can't wait for next ride in september:D:D:D. thank again george+kathy great host. I think I gain 15lbs from all the evening snack ,that every one set out at the snack table. a must do ride on every ones bucket list.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Okay guys, here are a few pictures from the official photographer of Mammoth Lakes 2011 (Kathy).
Lets see how many pictures I can put on this... Don't quote the post or you'll see all 50 pictures again, or if you do, make sure you delete all the pics first :).

Scenery Pics:

Heading out of camp on the old asphalt road

View going up to Bald Mountain. There was still some snow up there even though it was 80 degrees!

View of Mono Lake from the top of Bald Mountain.

Kathy climbed on the top of the fire lookout roof to get this shot!

A warming hut at Bald Mountain built by snowmobilers to use in the winter. There is a picture album, a wood buring stove, some cans of food, lots of firewood and a ton of business cards in there.

A view of the fire lookout (again, top of Bald Mountain)

Pap and Donna

Me and Kathy

Everyone wave!

A river crossing at the Owens River. It was way deeper this year than last! We were all too chicken to cross it... though someone did...

A guy (not with our group) went through it in his Ranger. Said our cars were too pretty to go though it!

Coming down on the Lookout Loop Trail.

Taking a break in the shade.

Pap

Dave and family

Crazy Watson and Nicole

Grumpy and Family

Lunch break in the shade

At dusk at the top of Bald Mountain getting ready to watch the fireworks show over Lake Crowley.

Pictures from the Hot Creek Geological Site:

Pics from the campsite:

There was a deer right behind our RV.

That is until Lucky chased him off!

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
We also went to see the 4th of July Parade in Mammoth Lakes. Here the US Forest Service trucks were in the parade and this one sprayed water right on Kathy and Lucky sitting on the sidewalk. I think they may have heard me yell "TURN IT ON"!!

Lucky is wearing a Mammoth Times visor they gave him during the 1 Mile Freedom Run that Kathy and Nicole did that morning before the parade.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Man those are some good pics.I can smell the pine tree's again looking at those pics.We had allot of fun and cant wait to go back again.I finally figured out the gps all the trails are on there thats awesome! I had a blowout on the trailer on the way home and it caused a bunch of damage to the trailer,Dam Chinese tires.lol It was good meeting everyone and I never had so much good food camping.I think everyone there was a good cook!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I got some bites too, but swimming in the 50 degree water in June lake helped. The water was so cold, I still can't find my left nut....:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000