Mammoth Lakes June 29th-July 4th

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Mammoth July 4th Weekend

Hello Family members,
We will be making our annual trip to Mammoth Lakes for the 4th of July Holiday to enjoy some great riding, camping, fishing, kayaking and just plain relaxing. All are welcome and we would love to have ya:)
We camp at Big Springs campground. It is located just east of the 395 off Owens River Rd. It's right on the Owens River between the town of Mammoth Lakes and June Lake.
It is a free Forest service campground that is OHV friendly. There are pit potties but no water. Good thing is, there is free water and a free dump station in Mammoth Lakes just 6 miles down the road:)
There are tons and tons of things to do. There are hundreds of miles of trails to ride through the Eastern Sierras, numerous lakes and rivers to swim, fish, boat or kayak in. Lots of great hikes and sightseeing and best of all like I said earlier, the town of Mammoth is only 6 miles down the road and it has endless entertainment possibilities. Everything from dinner, dancing, shopping, resturants, clubs or just hanging out in town square listening to live jazz music over a cold beer or glass of wine.
Here are some pics of last years trip to give ya a quick glance of the beauty.
Hope some of can join us!
George & Kathy

Last edited:

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
George, we will be up there around that time also. We went last year and had a blast. I am really looking forward to this trip. We should have 4 sxs with us. Maybe we can hook up and go for a ride.
Aaron

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
This is a beautiful place, can we get an address to looking it up on google maps? Also can we do a ride latter on the year there is a lot going on durring that time, we always do Vail Lake durring the 4th.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Mammoth Lakes July 4th Weekend
Big Springs Campground

1. George & Kathy 6/29-7/5
2. Trukndave 7/1-7/4
3. Grumpsrzr4 6/29-7/4 or longer:)
4. Crazywatson 7/1-7/5
10.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->

RhinoMaster

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor - Black Rhino Perf
I haven't been up there with a UTV yet, but a few years back I went up with a few friends with Jeeps and Broncos. It's an incredible area. Pictures just don't do it justice.

When you're up there, keep an eye out for an older gentleman by the name of Dave McCoy. He used to own mammoth mountain and is a huge UTV fan. He'd be about 85 by now. Last I heard he's got 3 Rhino's.

Check out Bodie, and old ghost town and a fun ride after you get tired of the other hundreds of miles of road up and around the Sierras.

Can you tell I'm jealous that I can't join you guys? :)

Have a great time. For those that are on the fence, just do it. you won't be sorry, it's a great trip.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I did Mammoth last year... awesome place to ride. Heres a video

[ame=http://youtu.be/7Q2QHzb0AXw]YouTube - ‪Mammoth Lakes Ride - rzr rzr-s teryx rhino commander prowler ktm‬&rlm;[/ame]

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I haven't been up there with a UTV yet, but a few years back I went up with a few friends with Jeeps and Broncos. It's an incredible area. Pictures just don't do it justice.

When you're up there, keep an eye out for an older gentleman by the name of Dave McCoy. He used to own mammoth mountain and is a huge UTV fan. He'd be about 85 by now. Last I heard he's got 3 Rhino's.

Check out Bodie, and old ghost town and a fun ride after you get tired of the other hundreds of miles of road up and around the Sierras.

Can you tell I'm jealous that I can't join you guys? :)

Have a great time. For those that are on the fence, just do it. you won't be sorry, it's a great trip.
You sure hit the nail on the head Brian! In my opinion it's one of the most beautiful places on earth:D

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
George, we will be camping at Sherwin creek. I left a reply on the other thread as well. I would love to get together and do a ride while we are up there. If you want to PM me your info or I can send you mine so we can meet up. Look forward to meeting you guys,
Aaron

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
George, we will be camping at Sherwin creek. I left a reply on the other thread as well. I would love to get together and do a ride while we are up there. If you want to PM me your info or I can send you mine so we can meet up. Look forward to meeting you guys,
Aaron
Awesome Aaron! I'll send ya my info:)

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Georgy .... I am thinking about trying to make this one. Do i need to reserve a camp site or anything?
No reservations needed, we camp in a free Forest Service OHV friendly camp called Big Springs. It's just off Owens River Rd. Between Mammoth Lakes and June Lake.
I have another thread similar to this one in the Rides and Events section, check that one out it's larger and with more pics:)
George

cwspfx

Drive fast...take chances
May 9, 2010
Valencia, CA
is Steve-O making this one as well?

the Cal City race is the weekend before ... if I dont break anything ... I will try to make it out there!!!

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
i will be up in the area also .we should get a ride together ,my dates 6/ 27---7/10 :D:D:D:D
For sure Tom! Where are you camping? One ride for sure we are going to do is Big Springs to Laurel Lakes and back:) It will be awesome, about 50 miles roundtrip.
PM me your info and I'll give ya a call we we get up there.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
were abouts off Owens rd,?

It's where you have the pin for Big Pine, It's actually Big Springs.
Once you turn on Owens River Rd I think it's about 2 miles and you turn left on Big Springs Rd and the camp is up a little ways on the left:)
If you zoom in a bit on Google, you will see Big Springs Rd. The camp is on the south side of the river.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000