Mammoth July 2015

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
I want to camp and ride up in Mammoth for about 4 to 5 days come this July. Anyone interested? Not sure where I can camp and ride. Looking for advice on this. After the camping trip is over, I want to stay in in a hotel and recreate throughout the Mammoth ski slope area for a couple days (you know making the wife happy part) lol.
This trip is going to be lots of fun. I would like to know if I need to make reservations now. Does anyone have a list of campsites? Riding areas, trails, etc.
I know I have seen previous ride posts, like the one from desert drifters.
This thread is intended to gain interest amongst others who would like to go.
Need info.

ALEX

Mar 26, 2010
I have always wanted to camp and ride there with my family I will be watching this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Your going to Mammoth, How'd you pull that off? Your going to like it. miles and mile of trails, fishing, hot springs. Did it last year with the Drifters and had a great time. Stayed at Sherwin Creek right out of Mammoth, nice camp ground and 10 min. from town. Better get reservations now. Glass Creek is decent and is between Mammoth and June Lake Loop. Usually has open spots and easy trail access. Don't miss out on the view from Outlook Mtn..Get to the visitor center in Mammoth, they have all of the trail maps and info. you need. Give us some dates and maybe we can make it.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Made reservations in Sherwin creek from July 11th to July 15th. There are not many spots to choose from so if you guys wanna go make some reservations.

Adilaw

Mar 31, 2015
Mammoth Lakes
Plumber, I live up here in Mammoth and would love to take a cruise around the hills and through the forest with you guys. We keep our rzr in a hangar at the airport and we ride from there. Glass creek is our preferred spot when camping and riding.

dlak

Dec 12, 2013
Would it be difficult to find a spot for a 40 ftr at glass creek during the summer months?

Adilaw

Mar 31, 2015
Mammoth Lakes
It does get a little busy but manageable. I like spot 39. Frickin huge. I put a 35' class A pulling a 20' enclosed trailer. Plenty of big spots. Plumber, I saw you guys last summer when you rode to June Lake. I own the kayak and paddleboard business there at the swim beach were you guys parked.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
One of my favortie trips a couple years ago... Trying to plan another one this summer as soon as I get my schedule and fishing license :)

Adilaw

Mar 31, 2015
Mammoth Lakes
Ok here's the latest. My wife runs a big condo complex here in Mammoth. Safe and secure for trailers and toys. She's offering 30% off advertised rates for this trip. Www.1849condos.com
Who would like to take a day ride to June Lake? We own the kayak and paddle board business over there. Maybe a lunch on the beach and then our treat for some kayaking and paddle boarding. Free of course.
July 11-15 Who wants to go?

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
I'll be staying at sherwin creek campground from July 11th to the 15th and I'll be at the 1849 condos from the 15th to the 17th. This is going to be lots of fun

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Getting geared up for this trip. Does anyone know where I can fill up water for my toy hauler in Mammoth? Will I be able to use the spigot at the camp site? Want to save some weight. I know it's only like 400 lbs. But...

Adilaw

Mar 31, 2015
Mammoth Lakes
Getting geared up for this trip. Does anyone know where I can fill up water for my toy hauler in Mammoth? Will I be able to use the spigot at the camp site? Want to save some weight. I know it's only like 400 lbs. But...
You can get water at the water district. Turn left on meridian. ( first left as you come into town on hwy 203) It's right there on the corner. You can dump there on they way out as well.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Thanks Adilaw. I am thinking of coming up sooner on Friday. My camp site is available for Friday. Depends on how well things go getting everything ready this weekend Tie up the loose ends over the week. Pm me your number if I need to get a hold of you.
Thanks, Cory

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000