M.O.R.E has more to offer.

mojaveoffroad

Dec 31, 2015
For the remainder of this season, and until the entry numbers start to grow, two class options: Sportsman UTV or ProProduction 1000 BITD rules with no separation between turbos and non. A turbo isn't going to help you on a MORE course, we just had a 200hp Class 10 car overall the last race with ease against 600 hp unlimited cars. MORE races are about technical driving skills, not how much horsepower you have.

Reactions: cocojoe

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I don't care what class has the word PRO in front of it, off road racing is a hobby sport. You can count on two hands the amount of off road racers who actually make a living off road racing and I don't mean also owning a company supplying the industry.

The entire sport, as much as it wants to be labeled professional is not even close to professional. Hell, just look at our own class and how it's ran at the biggest series we have. Beyond that, what other "professional" racing series would ever let a dude show up under a false alias, who pretends he's a super hero and never removes his helmet race in the sports premier class!?!

The same things that make off road racing great also make it one of the most unprofessional professional racing sports lol and I'm not sure I ever want that to change.

I'm glad rusty went out to the MORE race. He got me excited about covering and helping grow these other more "old school" racing series' as it pertains to the UTV classes. We also had some coverage from the AVE / Pure race this weekend. While we will always have coverage from the major series events at BITD and SCORE we plan to put more time and effort into exposing the fun and even more affordable series' like SNORE and MORE who are making active leaps in trying to attract UTV racers.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Great post Joey, you obviously get it, having fun racing with your friends and family is what it is all about, not to mention all of the new friendships and relationships that you make along the way. All of the series, large and small are fun, each with their own flavor. People need to decide why it is that they race, if it is to have fun, then find a series that fits your particular situation and idea of fun and get out there and go racing and have fun. The smaller series are perfect for some, and the bigger series better for others. Lets face it the large car counts at a BITD race are cool, but there are maybe only 10 cars out of 60 that have a chance of winning, the others are just adding to the payback. The teams that for whatever reason will always end up in that bottom 30 cars at a BITD race would be better off racing a series like MORE. MORE with its cheaper entry fees, family friendly atmosphere, open prerunning, open chasing and much more challenging courses, is and should be an option that more teams should consider and would if they only knew what they were missing.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I also think that some of the top teams should consider using a MORE race or two to shake down their new builds and/or as a 'test' prior to a big race such as V2R or the B1k. Affordable entry fees, no tracker, close to many of the teams, camping, etc. This last race would be a great way to get some testing or experience night racing. My 2 pesos. I was impressed by MORE. Certainly not a replacement for BITD or SCORE, but a good local series that is convenient and affordable.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
The 'Pro' designation goes way back to the early days of motocross, particularly here in So Cal. Back then (and now) there was 'cc' classes for 'Beginner,' 'Novice,' 'Intermediate,' and 'Pro.' The Pro class was the only one that paid money for the win. The same goes for desert racing. Nobody is likely to confuse a 'Pro' UTV racer with Lewis Hamilton, Jimmy Johnson or John Force any time soon! Haha

Reactions: JoeyD23

Perkins1946

Dec 8, 2013
Bakersfield and Phoenix
Christina and I (PerkinsDirt) have raced several of the MORE races and have loved every minute of it. We may have been the only two UTVs there but we always had some one to race with. We beat the 9 cars every time so we walked away with a cool $1,000 check each time. The heaver cars have been very respectful, not one close call, Cody runs a very tight ship so I highly doubt it will ever be a problem. Your UTV has to be BITD legal and you will have to disconnect the two rear blue lights, they are not BLM legal. If you want to race your stock UTV you will have to rave the AVE series.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Christina and I (PerkinsDirt) have raced several of the MORE races and have loved every minute of it. We may have been the only two UTVs there but we always had some one to race with. We beat the 9 cars every time so we walked away with a cool $1,000 check each time. The heaver cars have been very respectful, not one close call, Cody runs a very tight ship so I highly doubt it will ever be a problem. Your UTV has to be BITD legal and you will have to disconnect the two rear blue lights, they are not BLM legal. If you want to race your stock UTV you will have to rave the AVE series.
Well let's hope the car count changes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000