Lucas Oil Regional Race at Speedy this weekend!!!

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Just got home from the race last night - what a fun night!! I love night racing....and usually in AZ it's the ONLY way to race in the summer, but I was COLD last night!! LOL!! WTH?

Jake, so glad you could make it out here!! It's always fun to see another SR1 on the track - I heard you looked really good out there! How do you like the short course stuff? Pretty fun, huh?? :)

The UTV turnout was pretty low......which is frustrating....considering how many race UTV's are IN Arizona.....oh well. We still had a good time, and the B&A Rhino was out there ripping it up for the regular UTV's!! LSR Greg did a great job out there - made it a fun race, for sure!

Lots of spectators this round!! It was good to see so many people in the stands!!

We had a great time watching the desert trucks rip up that course! Those guys can huck those trucks! And of course the stock classes are always a good time! The Trophylites came out to run a bit, and it was a good battle between Foutz and the yellow truck for the whole race!

Austin looked great in his new Pro-Lite, just getting some seat time in! He'll be a threat in the Pro-Lite class in no time!

Huge thanks to Tim and the ASCC, and to LUcas Oil for helping out with this series and giving AZ racers a quality place to race without having to drive to another state!!!

It was good to see everyone - I hope you guys that raced last night will keep on coming out to the ASCC races.....when we get some good turnouts, it will be even more fun!
Thanks Corry!! the heat races i just used to practice since i have never really raced the car or even driven it much for that matter. In the main at the mandatory cation i started to feel much more comfortable and started to catch on. My suspension is deff not set up for short course so i need to make some changes. In all it was a great race and hopefully with some changes i can be a little bit more competitive in the future

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks Corry!! the heat races i just used to practice since i have never really raced the car or even driven it much for that matter. In the main at the mandatory cation i started to feel much more comfortable and started to catch on. My suspension is deff not set up for short course so i need to make some changes. In all it was a great race and hopefully with some changes i can be a little bit more competitive in the future

watching you race directly behind the other two you did really good and looked very similar in speed and style. just getting consistant is what you need and you will be up there with the others. good job racing. i wish i was out there.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Yeah Jake - it's all about seat time - the more you know your car and what your motor can do, the faster you will be! Racing is how I get alot of my seat time.....that and testing sessions. You will defnitely see good results from some drive time!! :) Hope to see you at more races in the future! How do you like that short course stuff?? Pretty fun, huh?

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
It's cool you got some seat time in Jake. You'll get it man. At first it's a lot of power but as long as you're having fun it will come to you. Sorry I couildn't make it out there to add one more SR1. Too much going on at one time right now. Plus, we're getting the car ready for Utah.(that drive is gonna suck) Get ready for the winter series. Hopefully we will get a higher number of UTVs out there. Not sure if Chris Deeps in the 744 machine will try to defend his title. Hope he does.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Yeah, all I kept thinking was "don't wreck it - Utah is coming up!!" :eek: We had three newbies to the series this last round, so if we keep Greg, B&A and Jake, and add Tyler, Josh, Bobby, Dan and anyone else who gets their's done by September, then the Winter series should be really good! :)

Missed having you and Josh and Chris out there, Tyler - but I finally got a first place in an ASCC race - lol!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000