LOORS SO CAL XP900 HANG OUT THREAD

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Whose coming and what are you bringing to the track?? Lets see your cars. Whose ready ? Whose not?? Rules chat . smack talk bring it!!:D:D

Hope this is ok Joey

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
My cars in 1000 pieces scattered over 100 miles.......Loaned a tranny sold a motor ...Ill make it.!!

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
probelm is it is hard to get rules, hard to get in touch with Lee Perfect and we are only 3 weeks away I dont understand how this will play out my car has been built since last year and I raced vegas so hope it fits the rules the chassis should exceed them,got stock suspension and motor , besides all that I am pumped and this will be my racer :D

Attachments

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Joey its been hard to get an OFFICIAL rules. Heres a few things copied from what they have sent me .

N. RZR XP:
1. Top left half of roll cage above driver’s head must have one 1 ½ inch x .095 inch
diagonal bracing bar.
2. It is recommended that stock cage and seat belt mounting plates be reinforced.

RZR XP: Doors must have ‘X’, ‘A’, ‘V’ or Ladder design bracing designed to provide
maximum protection to the driver.
X, A or V designs must use a minimum 1 ¼ inch diameter by .095, 4130 chromoly or
DOM.
Ladder design must use a minimum 1 ¼ inch diameter by .095 for main rails and 1 ¼
inch by .095 for rungs.

He also said rear down bars are going to be required.

Also

RZR XP: Driver’s seat must be in stock location. Race seat is highly recommended. If no passenger seat is used, gas tank area must be completely covered with aluminum firewall.

RZR XP: Upper shock mounts must remain in stock location. No bypass shocks.

RZR XP: Engines must remain completely stock. No internal modifications. Stock throttle body must be used.

RZR XP: Stock ignition switch is allowed.

RZR XP: Aftermarket exhaust is allowed.

RZR XP: Stock fuel tank is allowed. Aluminum plate must be added on right outer side of body to protect stock tank.

& RZR XP:
Every vehicle must use the stock transmission and clutch design.
The stock rear differential must also be used.
All vehicles must have a functional reverse gear.

RZR XP: Must use stock clutch design as delivered from manufacturer.

C. Rod must be made with a minimum of ½ inch solid steel and go 1 inch through upper rear mounting tab. ½ rod on top and bottom.D. All window net mounts must be welded to the roll cage. The window net, when in closed position must fit tight and be secured with a safety belt type of latch. Push button latches are not allowed.
E. Velcro is not permitted.
F. The window net latch must be located at the front top of the window opening.
G. Spring type mounting of nets on the top or bottom is not permitted.
H. The required latch system is the seat belt style buckle (part #Jaz-90803, Crow-11325, Mastercraft-11325).

SR-7 Arm Restraints

Arm restraints are mandatory in the RZR XP class. Restraints must be certified to SFI spec 3.3 and clearly labeled.

SR-8 Head and Neck Restraints

Head and neck restraints are mandatory in all classes

SR-18 Radios

A. It is MANDATORY that driver is able to hear instructions from race control. This can be done through spotter radio communication, a listen only radio wired directly to race vehicle, a Raceiver or other scanner.
B. Radio communications between drivers is not permitted.
C. All radio frequencies are subject to LORORS approval.
D. Spotters are mandatory for kart and pro classes and highly recommended for all other classes.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Yeah Lee said that a guy in the sr-1 class i guess to a bad spill window net popped open ( the spring type) arm went out of car and did major damage. Guess the guy has had numerous surgery and Lee doesnt want that again. I give Lucas Oil props on the safety stuff. Someones going to end up hurt bad when they come up short elsewhere

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
ok I understand that and respect it but why the arm restraints I think those things in conjunction with the neck restraint is a hazard

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
in vegas the tech told me at the next race I would also need sfi rated foam padding any where on the cage my head could hit but don't see that listed either?

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
C. Roll bar padding is required on all bars that may come in contact with driver. Padding must be firmly attached so it cannot rotate or move.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
I must have overlooked that then, guess I better order some speedway has red :)

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Here mine in its present state!!!

Staggs, Lee sent me a rule book and it does not say arm restraints, section SR-7 just talks about neck restraints.

I got some of that rollbar padding from DJ Safety awhile back but never used it its pretty cool stuff and I think it cheap

Lee told me all upper shock mounts have to remain stock no bolt on brackets.

and if you have to run a piece of aluminum if you dont have a seat Thad said why cant you just run the seat pan??? makes perfect sense to me

Attachments

staggs

Feb 20, 2011

Staggs, Lee sent me a rule book and it does not say arm restraints, section SR-7 just talks about neck restraints.

I got some of that rollbar padding from DJ Safety awhile back but never used it its pretty cool stuff and I think it cheap

and if you have to run a piece of aluminum if you dont have a seat Thad said why cant you just run the seat pan??? makes perfect sense to me
well my rzr has a fuel cell so I dont have to worry about the pan so no bolt on brackets? you can beef up or rebuild the mounts just have to stay in the stock location right? speedway has that padding for cheap to so I will order some up

staggs

Feb 20, 2011

you doing a weld in chassis?

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Yea he said they really want to keep it simple and not let it get crazy so shock has to attach to stock located upper shock mount.

I ordered my window latches from one of those jegs speedway etc, they were around $20 each. Im ok with that I hate the spring latche kind of a pain in the arse

Staggs how did your car handle in the corners, I only races once at Worcs on the Glen Helen track when it wasnt raining in my Rhino with tracktor tires, it was sketchy

staggs

Feb 20, 2011

Yea he said they really want to keep it simple and not let it get crazy so shock has to attach to stock located upper shock mount.

I ordered my window latches from one of those jegs speedway etc, they were around $20 each. Im ok with that I hate the spring latche kind of a pain in the arse

Staggs how did your car handle in the corners, I only races once at Worcs on the Glen Helen track when it wasnt raining in my Rhino with tracktor tires, it was sketchy
it handled good only thing I can reccomend is dont run a square side wall style tire try to find something more round like what I am running so it is less likley to hook a rut and flip you as this is no worcs race your going to be hauling LOL
Im welding it in, Im building mine to hopefully meet most race standard just incase I want to hit a HDRA race or who knows
yeah good idea I these things are fast any ways and a bolt in deal just doesnt seem like a good idea when you could hit 70mph lol

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
GLAD to see you made it here Dave. Your car is way farther along then mine lol. The rules do state arm restraints. And I got the memo today about NO shock towers and NO clutch work.

Reguarding the tank cover i was going to make a sheet that was screwed to my extra seat base and snap it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000