LOORRS Vegas, My Blog

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Sorry, long read.

The Good.
Cody changed up his driving style this past weekend and It worked, he set fast lap for the weekend by over a second in all of UTV and it looked awesome to watch, too bad no one but me, his mother, and the stop watch saw it LOL..

The Bad.
He had multiple spins so it wasn’t without its consequences.

The Ugly.
Rather than run around whispering “Did you hear?†I’m putting it out there right here, one of the drivers has stated they are going to start taking people to get to the front.

While there has been contact in the past most has either been door to door racing or incidental, some would even say bone head (see apology) and while some of the drivers may or may not like each other everyone has been CLEAN, no one has done deliberate take outs to win. I will not post who has made the “take out†statement, I will just leave it here as food for thought and let everyone know someone has decided this is the path they feel they need to take to win. I had my suspicions & saw it happen a little on the track, then what I was told confirmed my thoughts. If I see it on the track again Ill blab but until then, be a pro, be clean.

So, how do I know about this? All I can say is careful who you talk to when you start talking take out strategy, people generally don’t like dirty drivers and as opposed to the “cheating†rumors this was first hand, & word spreads fast. i hope LOORRS is watching.

More Good.
The Teryx has been green lighted to put in a ZX engine. Likely candidates are Dempsy, Herzog, Winbury, and a rumored Casey Currie. I was told LOORRS only needed 3 people to commit for them to make the change, I wonder when we’ll hear the announcement for the V8 Pro Lite? ;)

More Bad.
Where does this leave Un-Limited UTV? Funco is in the UTV business, Bobby said he’s staying put, but after Sunday I doubt RJ can even spell UTV anymore. That leaves Austin, I have a hunch on his future, next year will tell when we see who shows up.

The Irony.
The Teryx put the last nail in the short course UTV Rhino coffin, now the success of the SR1 program appears to (unintentionally) be returning the favor.

The Apology.
Cody came into turn 2 so hot on Saturday he was in a 4 skid when he totally plowed our good friend Gary Thompson. Cody went over and apologized to him after the race but I wanted to say it again here. Sorry GT.

The Cool.
Robby Woods, going 2-3 for the weekend! No one looked more excited about it than him, and he should be, that was great driving and fun to watch.

The over it.
While I’m happy for his success, having to watch Deegan vs. Deegan before the start of the mains has reached my level of over saturation.

The Victor.
SR1, Tyler Herzog. All he has to do is show up, congrats. Corry 2nd and the fight for 3rd comes down to the last race between GT & Doug Mittag.

The Undecided
Unlimited UTV, Chad George VS. Austin Kimbrell and a 4 (?) point spread, should be interesting, no pressure.
It would be great if LOORRS could separate the two UTV classes by a full straight away so that nothing but racing would affect the outcome of either the U-UTV championship or 3rd in SR1. Doubtful but it would be cool.

The Cheaters.
Will LOORRS put in a protest rule for SR1 engines? Say $270 for a valve cover and bore scope inspection or $540.00* for a cylinder head? Everyone is (quietly) pointing fingers at who the cheaters are, someone throws down $540, the defendant pulls their cylinder head and keep your money or gets DQ’d and double secret probation. Put up or shut up, too simple really.
Maybe even a claiming rule of say $2500.00, you can have my engine and dissect all my ultra super secret non-existent mods , works for amateur motocross. (*$540 is first place money)

The Last Race.
New track, cant wait, heard it’s tight. See everyone there.

Thanks to;
Frosty Burger Pine Valley, Weller Racing, Fox Racing Shox, Lone Star Racing, Cognito Motorsports, RacerX Radios, Makita Power Tools, and Dan Kelly for his awesome welding on our car, thanks Dan.

Reactions: 6 people

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Excellent post.Very good points made and keeps those of us who arent at all the events in the loop.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Will be cool to see you out there, Wild Earp! :)

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Nice read, I enjoy coming on this site and getting the low down. My wife and I drove down from Boise and were at the races Sunday. I made a couple trips back to drool over that MagnaFlow SR1 car.. Wow. Who built that?
I think this LOORS series is awesome and enjoyed the UTAH round and the Vegas round first hand.

Austin Kimbrell

Monster Energy Kawasaki - UTVUnderground Team Driv
Jan 27, 2009
Arizona ASU
Sorry, long read.

The Good.
Cody changed up his driving style this past weekend and It worked, he set fast lap for the weekend by over a second in all of UTV and it looked awesome to watch, too bad no one but me, his mother, and the stop watch saw it LOL..

The Bad.
He had multiple spins so it wasn’t without its consequences.

The Ugly.
Rather than run around whispering “Did you hear?†I’m putting it out there right here, one of the drivers has stated they are going to start taking people to get to the front.

While there has been contact in the past most has either been door to door racing or incidental, some would even say bone head (see apology) and while some of the drivers may or may not like each other everyone has been CLEAN, no one has done deliberate take outs to win. I will not post who has made the “take out†statement, I will just leave it here as food for thought and let everyone know someone has decided this is the path they feel they need to take to win. I had my suspicions & saw it happen a little on the track, then what I was told confirmed my thoughts. If I see it on the track again Ill blab but until then, be a pro, be clean.

So, how do I know about this? All I can say is careful who you talk to when you start talking take out strategy, people generally don’t like dirty drivers and as opposed to the “cheating†rumors this was first hand, & word spreads fast. i hope LOORRS is watching.

More Good.
The Teryx has been green lighted to put in a ZX engine. Likely candidates are Dempsy, Herzog, Winbury, and a rumored Casey Currie. I was told LOORRS only needed 3 people to commit for them to make the change, I wonder when we’ll hear the announcement for the V8 Pro Lite? ;)

More Bad.
Where does this leave Un-Limited UTV? Funco is in the UTV business, Bobby said he’s staying put, but after Sunday I doubt RJ can even spell UTV anymore. That leaves Austin, I have a hunch on his future, next year will tell when we see who shows up.

The Irony.
The Teryx put the last nail in the short course UTV Rhino coffin, now the success of the SR1 program appears to (unintentionally) be returning the favor.

The Apology.
Cody came into turn 2 so hot on Saturday he was in a 4 skid when he totally plowed our good friend Gary Thompson. Cody went over and apologized to him after the race but I wanted to say it again here. Sorry GT.

The Cool.
Robby Woods, going 2-3 for the weekend! No one looked more excited about it than him, and he should be, that was great driving and fun to watch.

The over it.
While I’m happy for his success, having to watch Deegan vs. Deegan before the start of the mains has reached my level of over saturation.

The Victor.
SR1, Tyler Herzog. All he has to do is show up, congrats. Corry 2nd and the fight for 3rd comes down to the last race between GT & Doug Mittag.

The Undecided
Unlimited UTV, Chad George VS. Austin Kimbrell and a 4 (?) point spread, should be interesting, no pressure.
It would be great if LOORRS could separate the two UTV classes by a full straight away so that nothing but racing would affect the outcome of either the U-UTV championship or 3rd in SR1. Doubtful but it would be cool.

The Cheaters.
Will LOORRS put in a protest rule for SR1 engines? Say $270 for a valve cover and bore scope inspection or $540.00* for a cylinder head? Everyone is (quietly) pointing fingers at who the cheaters are, someone throws down $540, the defendant pulls their cylinder head and keep your money or gets DQ’d and double secret probation. Put up or shut up, too simple really.
Maybe even a claiming rule of say $2500.00, you can have my engine and dissect all my ultra super secret non-existent mods , works for amateur motocross. (*$540 is first place money)

The Last Race.
New track, cant wait, heard it’s tight. See everyone there.

Thanks to;
Frosty Burger Pine Valley, Weller Racing, Fox Racing Shox, Lone Star Racing, Cognito Motorsports, RacerX Radios, Makita Power Tools, and Dan Kelly for his awesome welding on our car, thanks Dan.
what do u mean by this??

"at leaves Austin, I have a hunch on his future, next year"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000