LOORRS Las Vegas Pics and Results

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
You're not supose to advance timing(can't touch the inside of the motor at all STOCK FROM FACTORY) NO fuel mods either, such as bigger injectors.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
What's legal and what isn't is pretty simple, really. You can't mess with your motor or change ANYthing else from stock except intake and exhaust, ECU (ignition module), and aftermarket clutch plates/springs.

It's quite illegal to change the cam timing, because that means you are getting into your motor and changing it from stock. This is not allowed.

However, with aftermarket ECU's being legal, it is possible to change ignition timing. That is allowed, since it's just a harness plug-in feature. There is no way to police that, so that is why it's allowed.

I just run the stock ECU, but I do know others have aftermarket stuff.....when you hear "so and so is changing timing", be aware that they could be talking about the ignition timing, which is allowed.

Still thinking of ways to hold people accountable to the rules for this class for next year......if anyone has any good ideas, like I said, please speak up. This will be very important to keep the integrity of this class intact, and make sure it remains fun and successful! :)

AudioAddiction44

Sep 11, 2009
AZ
What about the injectors you didnt hit that topic Corry. It's not inside the motor, people i'm sure have thought of that. Next year is gonna be a problem, I can already see it.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Everything needs to be stock except ECU, intake, exhaust and clutch plates. I am going to suggest that LOORRS details the rules more thoroughly for next year, to prevent people from trying to work around the current rules......because I agree, we are going to have those people who will do anything to work around how they are worded.....

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
Everything needs to be stock except ECU, intake, exhaust and clutch plates. I am going to suggest that LOORRS details the rules more thoroughly for next year, to prevent people from trying to work around the current rules......because I agree, we are going to have those people who will do anything to work around how they are worded.....
IS IT TRUE THAT CLASS WILL BE OPEN TO ALL MOTORS NEXT YEAR , AND OTHER PEOPLES SET UPS? I WAS TOLD I COULD RUN MY GSXR SET UP NEXT YEAR!

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
NO....sorry. It's not open to all motors or setups next year. That would pretty much wipe out the whole purpose of the class. If anything else is allowed, it MIGHT be a Teryx chassis with the ZX-10 motor in limited years.....but that is just a rumor until it's confirmed by LOORRS.

699Brent

#699 Pro UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 8, 2009
I am having a lot of fun in the Superlite class and it is definitely competitive. There has been some squirrelly driving by certain people that have made others angry. As the championship is coming down to the wire, points leaders are being taken out by other drivers not even in the running.
Just like any class, there are those that drive hard and in control and there are others that bounce of everything they see.:eek:

AudioAddiction44

Sep 11, 2009
AZ
Lucas told me that the Kawi frame and Kawi motor is gonna be allowed for next year. Motor is a year 2004-2007. Kawi motor with Kawi frame. Yammahe motor with Yammaha frame. They told me @ tech in Las Vegas. But word has it you have to run the carrier set-up from Weller. Havn't gotten the exact rule on that one yet from Lucas.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
It wouldn't be the whole carrier setup - would just be mounting plates, like it is now. Same rules would apply, just different chassis and motor.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Lucas told me that the Kawi frame and Kawi motor is gonna be allowed for next year. Motor is a year 2004-2007. Kawi motor with Kawi frame. Yammahe motor with Yammaha frame. They told me @ tech in Las Vegas. But word has it you have to run the carrier set-up from Weller. Havn't gotten the exact rule on that one yet from Lucas.
so you mean to tell us that weller already has a mounting plate for a kawasaki ZX10 in a teryx??? and no one knew this motor would be available or an option for LOORRS next year? :rolleyes:

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
so you mean to tell us that weller already has a mounting plate for a kawasaki ZX10 in a teryx??? and no one knew this motor would be available or an option for LOORRS next year? :rolleyes:
No Rog....there you go, assuming things and being your usual negative self. :rolleyes: We haven't even seen a kawi streetbike motor yet.....it's just been all talk at this point, and again - until LOORRS makes anything official, that's all it is. Geez.....

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
No Rog....there you go, assuming things and being your usual negative self. :rolleyes: We haven't even seen a kawi streetbike motor yet.....it's just been all talk at this point, and again - until LOORRS makes anything official, that's all it is. Geez.....
from Tyler
"Lucas told me that the Kawi frame and Kawi motor is gonna be allowed for next year. Motor is a year 2004-2007. Kawi motor with Kawi frame. Yammahe motor with Yammaha frame. They told me @ tech in Las Vegas. But word has it you have to run the carrier set-up from Weller. Havn't gotten the exact rule on that one yet from Lucas. "

this why I made my comment. if peeps are gonna build a racer, they need as much notice as possible as to the particulars of the rules and what parts are required.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix

cheater.

AudioAddiction44

Sep 11, 2009
AZ
Corry Sapington told me that word for word @ tech cause he keeps asking me what I'm doing for next year. I was waiting for the OK On Kawis. He told me it was a go. Speaking with Jason Monday He said nobody has come to him with a motor or frame yet though. Someone was suppose to(not gonna say any names) but nothing has happened yet. I will find out from the main people in charge of Lucas again in December. Before we pull the trigger.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Casey Currie told me with his own mouth that he has full intention on building a Kawasaki to compete in the SR1 class....
Well we must be doing something right to attract such deep pockets to the SR1 class. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000